Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Junior Member Registered Member

Thanks 'kdunville'

I own a 2003 Pontiac Grand Prix and after replacing the batter, my Theft Loc device triggered and locked out my radio reading LOC also. I followed the below instructions and it worked perfectly. Following the input of the below info my screen read SEC and then I hit Power On and it worked!!!

Thanks again!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kdunville
    Try this, it worked for my 1998 Sunfire and a 1975 Monte Carlo.
    Press & hold the 2 & 3 buttons @ the same time for about 10 seconds; a 2 or 3 digit code will appear, write this # down,press & hold the am/fm button for about 10 seconds: another code will appear, write this # down, then call 1-800-537-5140 and enter 202108 followed by the # key, then enter the #'s that you wrote down from your radio followed by the * key. The call will give you a 3 or 4 digit override code. Write this code # down so you have it if you ever need it again. Enter this # into your radio following the instructions in your owners manual. If you get an override code that starts with 0, you drop the 0 when entering the code into your radio.
    If you don't have an owners manual, try this, press & hold the hour button until the first 2 digits of your code come up, then press & hold the minute button until the last 2 digits show. Then press the am/fm button. This should reset your stereo. It did mine.
    Hope you find this helpful.

LHO39 Registered Member

Delco-Loc II from flea market

I too am playing boy detective. I may have something for those of us who try buttons 1-4 and/or 2-3 with no response from the radio. I have not yet tried it. Good luck.

"One thing I found out that may help you out, or someone else you are kind enough to lend a hand to, be from a parts counter guy I talked to and it worked! Install the radio and drive for approximately 90 Minutes. You can not just turn on the accessory switch, the ignition must be on for that 90 minutes, otherwise the codes will not appear when you push presets 2 & 3. The rest of the install went without a hitch; thanks to you and all the info you shared."

Larry

LHO39 Registered Member

Atribution for tip

That last quote I found on http://www.corvetteradios.com/CustomerComments.html

Larry

LHO39 Registered Member

Delco-Loc II

I turned on the accessory power to the Delco-Loc II radio/CD for half an hour (maybe not relevent) and then the following worked for getting my my codes.

Press 1-4. Display "SEC". Press 2-3. Display code "251". Press tune knob (AM/FM toggle). Display "007". Called 1-800-537-5140. Used 202108# as directed above. Response tomy entered 251007 was 891194. Entered this 891194 into radio and it now indicates unlocked "- - -" rather than "SEC"

Funny part is the CD still does not turn. It makes a clicking sound I hear through the speakers. I think my $3 flea market bargain is simply busted. Any suggestions on checking out the CD player? The radio plays perfectly as it did when it said it was locked (SEC).

Larry

LHO39 Registered Member

Forget time delay

I just repeated my code retrieval. The half hour time delay had nothing to do with anything. What was important was to press 1-4 first until the display went to "SEC" and only then press the 2-3 to get the code first three.

Larry

Unlocking Saturn radio?

I've been trying to call the 800 number posted here, but I keep getting "Invalid account number." Interestingly enough, when you enter the number for Pontiac division followed by the account number (which is 202108, as given in the previous post), it works fine! However, for Saturn, the division number is 8, and when you exchange the 2 and the 8 (in other words 802108), it comes back with "Invalid ..." I also tried 8 202108, which doesn't work either . Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!!!

Don

Well I got a 1995 camaro and of course the bose radio/CD is in the LOC. so I did everything I was supposed to do according to the last 25 replys. I even got the code from the phone number. now i dowloaded the camaro owners manual in PDF file to get the directions for doing the code. I did it to the letter and I got nothing just "LOC" Now my radio is number 5 in the photo in the previous threads. I could use some help in figuring out what i am supposed to do to imput the code in the correct manner. (I must say thanks to everyone who helps on here this is great to see computer people come together.) now my #2 & #3 buttons are 901,469 now the phone guy says my code is 130613 this did not work at all. this is the directions out of the manual:

Unlocking the Audio System after a Power Failure
    If power is disrupted to the audio system while in the
    SEC mode, the unit will not work and LOC will show
    on the display whenever the ignition is on. To unlock the
    unit:
    Turn the ignition switch to the ACC or RUN
    position.
    Press SET. “000” will appear on the display.
    Press SCAN and hold until the first digit of your
    code appears, then release the button.
    Press SEEK 4 or b and hold until the second and
    third digits of your code appears. Release the button.
    Press the lower knob. “000’ will appear on the
    display.
    Press SCAN and hold until the fourth digit of your
    code appears. Release the button.
    Press SEEK 4 or and hold until the fifth and sixth
    digits of your security code appears. Release the
    button.
    Press the lower knob. “SEC” will appear and the unit
    will work. If “LOC” shows, the numbers did not
    match and the unit is still locked.

So I am at a loss if I cant get it to work I have to go to the dealership and let my wallet get a butt probe. Now I tried the directions at least 4-6 times no go......any suggestions would be great......stu

Quote Originally Posted by stupado
    Well I got a 1995 camaro and of course the bose radio/CD is in the LOC. so I did everything I was supposed to do according to the last 25 replys. I even got the code from the phone number. now i dowloaded the camaro owners manual in PDF file to get the directions for doing the code. I did it to the letter and I got nothing just "LOC" Now my radio is number 5 in the photo in the previous threads. I could use some help in figuring out what i am supposed to do to imput the code in the correct manner. (I must say thanks to everyone who helps on here this is great to see computer people come together.) now my #2 & #3 buttons are 901,469 now the phone guy says my code is 130613 this did not work at all. this is the directions out of the manual:

Unlocking the Audio System after a Power Failure
    If power is disrupted to the audio system while in the
    SEC mode, the unit will not work and LOC will show
    on the display whenever the ignition is on. To unlock the
    unit:
    Turn the ignition switch to the ACC or RUN
    position.
    Press SET. “000” will appear on the display.
    Press SCAN and hold until the first digit of your
    code appears, then release the button.
    Press SEEK 4 or b and hold until the second and
    third digits of your code appears. Release the button.
    Press the lower knob. “000’ will appear on the
    display.
    Press SCAN and hold until the fourth digit of your
    code appears. Release the button.
    Press SEEK 4 or and hold until the fifth and sixth
    digits of your security code appears. Release the
    button.
    Press the lower knob. “SEC” will appear and the unit
    will work. If “LOC” shows, the numbers did not
    match and the unit is still locked.

So I am at a loss if I cant get it to work I have to go to the dealership and let my wallet get a butt probe. Now I tried the directions at least 4-6 times no go......any suggestions would be great......stu
    I know you said you followed all replies, but have you left the car run or key on in accessory position for an hour or hour and a half and tried again?

ooh ya when it says inop there is nothing you can do till it has been on for at least an hour. i have cycled through two of thies hours and six trys When I get the time I will leave it on for an hour to get it to cycle back to LOC and try again. if that dont work i will just go buy a new radeo/cd and install it. I do want to get it to work as it is a bose system.

I do not know why they have a lock on this kind of sterio as really who would steal one. I just want to get it working till i install a new deck and subs. if anyone can help i would really be grateful.two50twostroke@hotmail.com
    Last edited by stupado; 10-01-2006 at 10:16.

well I got the code out of the sterio from holding down the #2-3 buttons they are 901468
    now I called the number and it gave me the code 130613 for the unlock numbers. can anyone tell me if this is the right number set as I have tried it several times to no avail. I just want to get it working and if this dont work i will heve to go to the GM dealership and pay with my left leg and money. they already wanted 40 bucks for a key to be cut. i made my way to the locksmith and got it 15 bucks cheaper. i would just like a second opinion

well it looks like the code to get the code on the phone does not work any longer. I tried it all morning and invalid number. mabee they got wind of this post

Thanks for saving me $50.00 schmakeroos!

Ok, last week my boyfriend and I went to Jasper national park and pulled over to watch a male elk run around with his harem of about 40 female elk. So I was all excited and forgot my lights on for about half an hour or so. So after a lot of elk bugling and two male elk almost getting into a fight, we were ready to take off. Well, the car was barely turning over and I realized the lights had been on the whole time. So I flagged down a work truck and got a boost but then our radio said "loc" on it. (We have a 1998 Pontiac Sunfire).

So including today we've been without a radio/cd player in the car for 8 days. Today I called the local GM dealer and was told that it would cost me $50.00 for them to call GM and get the code. I thought, no frickin' way(!) and went onto the internet in search of a much better option. Within minutes I found this web site and because of "kdunville's" excellent explanation I was able to get the code within about 20 minutes! The only thing that was a bit different with our car was that after you push the "2" and "3" button for about 10 seconds and get the first code, you need to first hold the "2" and "3" buttons down and then depress the "am/fm" button (while still pressing down on the "2" and "3" buttons) and then you get the second code. I had to do some playing around with the buttons to figure that out because pressing just the "am/fm" button by itself did not work for me.

After I called and got the override code which in my case was 0198, I dropped the zero off to make it 198 and pressed the hour button in my car until a "1" appeared, and then I pressed the minute button until I got the number 98 and then immediately after that I pressed and held down the "am/fm" button until the word "sec" appeared. I then stopped pushing the button and the "sec" disappeared. I turned on my stereo and cd - and it worked! Thank you thank you!!!!

UlrikaTheSwede

Thank you Knudville

Knudville's post on page 1 at 10/7/05 was right on the money for my 2000 Buick Century. Had my battery replaced which locked my radio. Followed his advice to retrive the codes - 2-3 buttons at the same time for 10 seconds to get 3 digits then the am/fm button to get the second set. Then called 1-800-537-5140 and entered 202108# DO NOT enter the a division code they ask for. Once you enter the 202108# it will ask you for the six digit code you retrieved followed by a *. They will then issue you a 4 digit number (at least mine was 4 digits that was preceded by a zero). Knudville said to drop the leading zero, I entered the code as stated, hit am/fm and darn if it did not work! I am so happy right now that I saved paying the dealer $50. I do not mind paying $ for service, but to charge me for 2 minutes work AND then to tell me that they get charged by GM is beyond comprehension since the 1-800 number is GM! Deal with me fairly and I will deal with you fairly!

i need help!!

I bought a 1994 oldsmobile 88 and it was already locked, im trying to find out the unlock code. Can anyone help?

help please

i had to change the battery in my 1998 chevy z71 pickup and the radio is asking for LOC.. by looking at some of the replies to people with the same issue i got the the numbers that are requested in getting the unlock code. i held 2 and 3 down came up with 612 then am/fm and got 617.. can anybody help me in getting the unlock code??

I work for time warner cable and was issued a truck that has a regular radio (no cd or cassette). Anyways, im kinda tired of hearing the same music on the radio so opted to go to the junk yard and get an OEM radio with a cd player built in that fits my truck exactly. You can view a picture of it below. Although this is not my stereo, it looks exactly like the one i have.
    So i remove my old one and install my new one (which i assume came from a 98 asto van). Its a direct swap with regard to the plastic sleeve and harness plug. So i plug it in and i start to hear this noise (im assuming its the cd player doing its little song and dance) from the stereo and thats about it. The stereo seems dead in the water after that. I get no display what so ever except when i press this button, located under the #6 preset, the clock comes on for 5 seconds then dissapears. Also if i press the eject button.... The cd does the same kinda noise like when i first plug it in.
    There are no signs that say security or lock on the display like other people have mentiond in order to retrieve the code to unlock the radio. Now soemone told me that the only way i will be able to unlock it is to go to the dealer and have him plug an obd II into the diagnostic plug int he car and from there they can reset it. So assuming this is true and is the only way to do it then i have a few questions.
    A: this radio came out of 1998 model truck (i have the vin by the way) and is going into a 2003 asrtovan. Im concerned that the harness for the 98 model had an extra wire that specificaly went from the diagnostic plug into the radio harness and im not certain this same wire was utilized in the 03 models as my radio doesnt need a code (guess they figured who the heck is gonna jack a base model radio that has no cd or cassette).
    B: assuming i can unlock it with an OBDII diagnostic tool, does it have to be done specificaly via the dealer or can any mechanic with an obdII tool unlock it?
    C: If the dealer is the only person then is there a charge to do this and if so, if the battery dies, will the code still be stored or am i back to square 1?
    D: If all else fails am i SOL or is there any other options in getting this radio to turn on.
    Sorry for all the questions as i would like to be as descriptive as possible for those who may be able to help me. Please feel free to repost with any information that may help me or post questions. I will visit this forum regularly and keep everyone posted as per any progess i make. Hopefully this post will assist others. Thanx in advance for any reply given.

Press & hold the 2 & 3 buttons @ the same time for about 10 seconds; a 2 or 3 digit code will appear, write this # down,press & hold the am/fm button for about 10 seconds: another code will appear, write this # down, then call 1-800-537-5140 and enter 202108 followed by the # key, then enter the #'s that you wrote down from your radio followed by the * key. The call will give you a 3 or 4 digit override code. Write this code # down so you have it if you ever need it again. Enter this # into your radio following the instructions in your owners manual. If you get an override code that starts with 0, you drop the 0 when entering the code into your radio.
    If you don't have an owners manual, try this, press & hold the hour button until the first 2 digits of your code come up, then press & hold the minute button until the last 2 digits show. Then press the am/fm button. This should reset your stereo. It did mine.
    Thank you, I have a 2000 Chevy S10 Blazer that I unplugged the radio while I was installing a business band radio and it locked on me. Your instructions worked prefect. Thanks again.

03 GM Navigation

I am getting ready to install a factory navigation system in my 03 EXT. I was curious how to unlock the radio and which map dvd is the one I need?
    Any help would be great.
    Thanks,
    gordon

Help with Delco-Loc out

I have recently purchased a 1990 Grand Prix and Loc displays on the radio. I have tried pressing and holding the pre-set 2 and 3 buttons to retrieve the scrambled code but I get nothing. Can anyone help?

Talking

Originally Posted by kdunville

Hey guys, im a regular on a few car forms but just bought a 99 grand prix for a daily driver.Registered on this site after i tried kdunvilles method.

Radio # 3, displaying LOC.

Steps given by kdunville worked great.
    If it works, it will say SEC, then just hit the power button.

THANK YOU

Unhappy GM RDS radio Locked

I recently put a gmc rds radio in my car from another car and wondering if anyone knows how to put a new code in without the old one... PLEASE

Fuel Pump Disabled

I have a 2004 Chevy Monte Carlo. I've been told that when the radio goes into lock mode, it also disables the fuel pump, causing the entire vehicle to become inoperable without an unlock code. Is the process the same? If so, how can I force my radio into LOC mode so that I can install my remote starter which requires access to the cluster?

need help with a BLAZER/99 Stereo..

Hello
    I beg your help for a Blazer Stereo year 99
    I folled the procedure to get the 6 numbers : 492 495

can any help with the proper working code

i will appreciate it

thanks

MAuricio

Hello Everyone and Please Help

Just want to give everyone a shout out first of all. I feel everyones pain- that is having trouble with these lock code. I'm going through the same thing. My problem started when my 2000 Chevrolet Sub didn't wanting to start after I parked it- so I brought it to the dealer and they said it was the battery and just to undo them and clean them. Dumb me, I did and now my radio is showing LOC not to mention I'm still having trouble starting it after I turn it off. The dealer said it will cost me $65 to unlock it, why do we have to pay to unlock our own radio. Can anyone PLEASE help me out, I've been without a radio going on a month. The numbers I got after I held down 2&3 were 692 and after I hit the Am/Fm I got 701. Please someone help me.

Thanks in Advances
    B.K.

I did the whole deal with holding the two buttons and getting the codes.My codes where 252-253 i called and followed step by step directions.The code that it gave me like 5 times in a row is 1754.I go into my car and its about -15 below.I turn it on and go to punch in the code and realize that the numbers go to 6 not 7 so no matter whats good i couldnt unlock it! What should i do?

Thread Information