Thread: Changing Amps

Member Registered Member

Changing Amps

im considering returning my hifonics brutus Bx 2200 D for audiobahn 2300hct. the audiobahn is 2400watts x 1ch x 1 ohm. the hifonics is 2200 wattsx 1 ch x 1 ohm. my subs are 1100 watts each. im considering changing it cuz the audiobahn has many more protection features and its more power than the subs so i dont have to worry bout blowing out my amp. id much rather blow out my subs than my amp. even tho the audiobahn amp is a lot more expensive. my hifonics amp blew out in less than 2 days, i dunno why but im getting second thoughts on it. and i also heard hifonics heats up easily and i witnessed that. what u guys think?

also, is it true if u hang ur amp vertically it will heat up more?

CAR REVIEW ADMlN Registered Member Easy E's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by riz
    im considering returning my hifonics brutus Bx 2200 D for audiobahn 2300hct. the audiobahn is 2400watts x 1ch x 1 ohm. the hifonics is 2200 wattsx 1 ch x 1 ohm. my subs are 1100 watts each. im considering changing it cuz the audiobahn has many more protection features and its more power than the subs so i dont have to worry bout blowing out my amp. id much rather blow out my subs than my amp. even tho the audiobahn amp is a lot more expensive. my hifonics amp blew out in less than 2 days, i dunno why but im getting second thoughts on it. and i also heard hifonics heats up easily and i witnessed that. what u guys think?

also, is it true if u hang ur amp vertically it will heat up more?
    Ok here is the deal, audiobahn is overrated crap. That amp is a piece of **** compared to the hifonics. You cant blow a amp for underpowering subs thats just plain silly. Amps do heatup more when mounted vertically.
    Thats my 2 cents.

I'm in your head Registered Member CVStroker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy E
    Ok here is the deal, audiobahn is overrated crap. That amp is a piece of **** compared to the hifonics. You cant blow a amp for underpowering subs thats just plain silly. Amps do heatup more when mounted vertically.

I agree, the Audiobahn is a POS compared to the Hifonics. A-Bahns are notorious for overheating, especially the fan cooled ones. The Hifonics is a much better quality amp.

Although, I will disagree with Easy on the cooling properties. It depends on the amp and how it's mounted. For the most part, horizontal mounting is the best, but there are some amps that cool just as well mounted vertical.
    Life: It's the ultimate sin; a game with no rules that you're expected to win

Thread Information