Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Junior Member Registered Member
    To mturner:

You should have the same 5R55W transmission that I have. That grinding poor shifting you have could be one of two things.

If your grinding noise is heard as you start moving from a stop while turning it is very likely the anti-slip differential. This could be somewhat normal as the differential ages. Not really sure about that, but it is a source for the noise.

Next, the flashing OD light and the gears for your mileage may be due to worn clutch bands. My transmission has more than double the mileage of yours, but I was able to tighten the clutch bands and the OD light has stopped flashing. This could also help with your transmission. If it doesn't it certainly won't hurt. See my LONG post on this on another thread.

is this the transmission?

I have 2002 explorer XLT with about 58000 miles. Many a times, specially if I have to break a little harder than usual, it fails to move and engine truns off automatically, but is able to re-start without any major trouble. Any idea what it is, and any suggestions.

Ford Doesn't Care

I have a 2002 Ford Exploder and bought it in 2002. The vehicle was taken to my local Ford dealership for tires, brakes, transmission, humming sound, and more. The Ford techs on some of the problems had no clue. The transmission in this vehicle like most other 2002 Ford Exploders has started to go bad. It has started to have trouble shifting, then it will shift hard, and now it is having trouble shifting in to reverse and other gears. My local dealership stated they charge $3000.00 to ship it out somewhere else to rebuild it and it would take two days. I have also discovered that my hatch door developed a crack on the right side, after shutting it on a cold night. I have observed several other Ford Exploders with the same problem. I am wondering if this is a common enough problem and whether it could be resolved by Ford. I guess a class action suit against Ford might get their attention! Any thoughts?

Response to Humming Noise

Quote Originally Posted by BP123
    I'm looking for help from someone who might know about a problem i'm having. My 2002 explorer is making a humming noise from the rear-end berween 55-70 mph. When I let off the gas it goes away, but as soon as I step on the gas it comes back. Been to the dealer twice. First time they stated Ford knows about the problem and they are working on it. Second time they stated Ford said to lower the fluid in the rear-end, but that didn't work. Any information would be great.

I'm not sure if you have gained a resolution to your problem since your post, but I had the same problem and recently got it fixed. I have a 2002 V8 4x4 Explorer and experienced the humming noise from the rear end. It came at about 73,000 miles going the highway speeds while accelerating. I was told by the Ford dealership that it was the rear axle and parts like a ball bearing had to be replaced. They also did a shaft repair to the axle. Thankfully an extended warranty I had got when I purchased the vehicle covered the repair. Otherwise it would have been a $1,000 bill. Got my Explorer back a few days ago and the repair seems to have corrected the issue. While it was being serviced, I had them check for a grinding noise that I could hear when the vehicle came to a stop. I thought maybe the brake pads and roters needed some service. Was told that it was the left rear strut. They replaced it $200 later and that seems to have corrected that problem as well. I hope this information helps. What were your corrections if any? With all of the other postings I have seen about this issue, I am weary of the problem coming back. From time to time I have also experienced the transmission problems others have written about. Right now on my Explorer it is not as severe as everyone elses. I just hope I don't see the O/D light flash any time soon. Although this may be what is in my future. I have seen numerous complaints about this on a number of forums. Thanks for reading.

just another 2002 ford explorer owner with problems

Check it out: Crash Sensor for Air Bag.(no cost..warranty)
    Both Rear Hubs, Knuckle and Link..(no cost..warranty)
    Right Front Wheel Bearing..($270..warranty had expired)

I now have 92000 miles on the truck and keeping my fingers crossed that the tranny doesn't malfunction. Will keep you posted.......................I might not wait that long though!!

Infamous vbration/

2002 Eddie Bauer Explorer - At about 60-65mph on up there's vibration/roar I feel is coming from the rear end. I've changed front rotors, turned rear rotors. Installed new u-joints and 2 new rear tires chasing this prob. Initially I had to have the trans rebuilt with solenoid packs and a new converter. The vibration is definitely in the drive line. It's more pronounced on acceleration. At speed 70 mph I can shift into nuetral and still have the vib until I get below 60mph. I've read numerous prob's with this on the internet but, have not found no sure fix. Ford had a number of TSB's on this but, I cannot find their fix. Do you know of this prob? And have you seen a fix?

Could it be they claimed to have replaced the converter but did not?

I am planning a trip at the end of January 08. 700 miles each way. Do you think it will be ok to take this truck?

caveman31 Registered Member
    I too have a 2002 explorer that has had some problems but the biggest one is that the spark plugs blowing out of it. this has happened twice at 30000 miles and 65000 miles. Both times it was covered under warranty. The warranty is gone and I am approaching 90000 and i'm waiting for it to happen again. has anyone else had this issue.

2002 Ford Explorer Problem

Ford is having some issue before but it was already fix as of now. They provide quality service to satisfy their customer.
    throttle body spacer

Quote Originally Posted by BP123
    I'm looking for help from someone who might know about a problem i'm having. My 2002 explorer is making a humming noise from the rear-end berween 55-70 mph. When I let off the gas it goes away, but as soon as I step on the gas it comes back. Been to the dealer twice. First time they stated Ford knows about the problem and they are working on it. Second time they stated Ford said to lower the fluid in the rear-end, but that didn't work. Any information would be great.
    Have you check any loose screws? Maybe it is just with your body. Because my friend also experience this problem before and he found out that there are loose screws in the engine.
    Dependable Auto Transport

Hi guys!
    Thanks for the info.

Banned User

essay on social security

essayerudite com essayerudite com/images/banner/500x500 jpg Link ----> essayerudite com essay on social security essay writing service essayerudite com essayerudite com type my critical essay on brexitcricket world cup 2011 essay wikipediaessays regional economic developmenttop school literature review ideaspay to do professional personal essay on brexit5 paragraph essay on sportsmanshiplibrary term paper ideastop admission essay on donald trumpLast Days Of Socratesbest article writers sites for collegepay for my best essay on hackinguniversity english literature essayspapers ghostwriters website ukessay parkRussian Philosophywhen writing an essay are books italicizedFunctional Education Systemesl critical essay writers site onlinesave water essay in hindi freeessays courseworkAtlantic Ocean Currentsesl bibliography editor services for mbacsr dissertation proposalessay on alzheimers disease essayerudite com/write-my-paper/ write my paperessayerudite com/research-paper-topics/ research paper topicsessayerudite com/cheap-essay-writing-service/ cheap essay writing serviceessayerudite com/thesis-writing-service/ thesis writing serviceessayerudite com/write-essay-for-me/ write essays for me 3861 topics for human services research paperHuck Finn: MoralityRip Van Winkle and Natureessay writing for ielts test- gabi duiguwrite phd essay on brexittop thesis proposal writing websites usaAn Observation Essaypopular homework editor services usblack history month thesisfind tagalog essays and short storiesprofessional mba critical essay samplesreference research paper apa stylepopular critical essay ghostwriting sites onlinemasters essay editing websites uscustom dissertation methodology editor for hire for schoolbest dissertations everesl research proposal ghostwriters websites ukesl rhetorical analysis essay writing sites caessay on unity is strength for kidsfriedrich nietzsche essaymeasure success essayalvin ailey cry essayesl dissertation methodology writing websites for universityprofessional papers ghostwriters service ushelp with my ecology speechcrucible character evolution essaywhat is oral defense of thesistop presentation ghostwriting services for phdcustom biography writer service ushow to start an argumentative essay introductionA Literary Review on Angelas Ashes By Frank Mc Court

Thread Information