Bagged and Dragged Registered Member BAGGED's Avatar

Would 1 12' W7 be louder than 2 12's

Gonna invest in a new system. I was wondering if it would be worth the price to buy 1 12' W7 or buy 2 cheaper 12's?

I'm in your head Registered Member CVStroker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BAGGED
    Gonna invest in a new system. I was wondering if it would be worth the price to buy 1 12' W7 or buy 2 cheaper 12's?
    What kind of sound are you looking for? Just SPL, go with the cheaper subs. SQ, go with the W7, or better yet, the Adire Brahma.
    Life: It's the ultimate sin; a game with no rules that you're expected to win

I was goin more for SQ more so then SPL. I wanna have a system that hits hard and accuratly. I still wanna be able to hit 140 db

I was goin more for SQ more so then SPL. I wanna have a system that hits hard and accuratly. I still wanna be able to hit 140 db

Hard, accurate, and loud? If you got the room, Adire Tempests are heard to beat, espacially for $150 each.

I have enough room to run 2 12's in the back of my Jimmy. No bigger cause the wheel wells are tubed so i can lay door. I can be seen but i wanna be heard.

I have enough room to run 2 12's in the back of my Jimmy. No bigger cause the wheel wells are tubed so i can lay door. I can be seen but i wanna be heard.

Give me some dimentions of the room you have to work with, or at least the room you're willing to give up.

And why do you want it to be heard outside the vehicle? That's just screaming "I've got electronics in here, rob me" It is possible to be very loud inside the vehicle, and very unloud outside the vehicle (which should be your goal unless you intend on harassing people, which is bad).

I have 28 X 35 inches (length X width). This is my entire rearend without the spare tire. The paneling in my truck has already all been dynomatted as well as the head liner, if that's what ur comment above was. It will be louder inside then outside.

I have 28 X 35 inches (length X width). This is my entire rearend without the spare tire. The paneling in my truck has already all been dynomatted as well as the head liner, if that's what ur comment above was. It will be louder inside then outside.
    How much you got in the way of height you're willing to sacrafice, because it defiantly sounds like you got enough room for a pair of Tempests.

I got about 40 inches

Senior Member Registered Member
    my buddy has a 12 W7 and hits 146db, it is in a tiburon in a ported box powerd by a 1000/1.

very loud, great SQ.

-hess.

CAR REVIEW ADMlN Registered Member Easy E's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hessakia
    my buddy has a 12 W7 and hits 146db, it is in a tiburon in a ported box powerd by a 1000/1.

very loud, great SQ.

-hess.
    What mic is he hitting that on? Is that on the dash headrest etc? Is the vehicle doors sealed etc?
    Thats my 2 cents.

I got about 40 inches
    Oh yeah, you got plenty of room for a pair of Tempests. Make the box roughly 28x35x14 inches (changed to fit, but keep about the same airspace), and the Tempests will pound.

Senior Member Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy E
    What mic is he hitting that on? Is that on the dash headrest etc? Is the vehicle doors sealed etc?

I honestly don't konw.. i'll ask him though.

Thread Information