Junior Member Registered Member

02' envoy problems with power and heated seats

Have any of you SLT envoy owners had problems with your heated and power seats?
    Mine just stopped working yesterday on the passenger side. The power windows and locks still work on that side and all power options still work on driver side.
    I went to check the fuse for the powerseat and there is a big 30 amp fuse. I can't tell if it is blown or not??? I could not find which fuse would be for the heated seat.
    If anybody has any ideas on fixing this problem it would be greatly appreciated!

Spam Reaper Site Moderator Slanter's Avatar
    Checking fuses is easy if you have a multimeter (aka volt-ohm meter), and if you don't, these are not particularly expensive. Just remove the fuse from its holder and measure its resistance. If the reading doesn't drop to nearly zero, it's blown.
    Slanter - redefining "jury rigged repair" since 1997
    '66 Dodge Dart & 2000 Ford Focus -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    or
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lincoln Registered Member
    I think there is only one fuse for both seats, so if the one side is still working then I doubt that's the problem. Sounds like you have lost power just to one seat, so check the connection under the seat to make sure it's plugged in and didn't get knock loose by someone sitting in the back seat and shoving their feet too far under the front seat. If it's plugged in then you will need a volt/ohm meter to check for power at that connection. You should be able to find the what wire color(s) have power by testing the working seat first... check each wire with the key on and "com" on meter to ground.

Thread Information