Senior Member Registered Member

8 inch subs 4 mid bass?

i was thinking of adding either 1 or 2 8 inch subs up front somehwere to add a little extra mid bass to the front of the car, have any of yall tried this? any ideas?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...725740899&rd=1

CAR REVIEW ADMlN Registered Member Easy E's Avatar
    My friend is trying to put Koda 8s in his doors. Going to use them as subs actually . But the Koda has a bit more excursion and output then that CV sub. I would try to get some more specs on it, but it does look shallow which is nice for doors but that usualyl means not alot of throw.
    Thats my 2 cents.

I'm in your head Registered Member CVStroker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by seans
    i was thinking of adding either 1 or 2 8 inch subs up front somehwere to add a little extra mid bass to the front of the car, have any of yall tried this? any ideas?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...725740899&rd=1

Those look like they would work pretty good. Shallow mounting depth is a big plus. I say go for it.
    Life: It's the ultimate sin; a game with no rules that you're expected to win

yea i think i will. i am actualy thinking of trying my hand at fiberglassing and utilizing the area under my dash for this and kepting the door speakers, kinda like a 3 way set up i guess. i still havent decided on using 1 or 2 subs and im still not sure how this will effect the speakers on the doors. i thought of making kicks in the side panals but i cant find a spot on the side that wont be in the way of feet. the reason i am trying these is because $28 shipped, extra time and a few bucks sounds like a fun project

I'm in your head Registered Member CVStroker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by seans
    yea i think i will. i am actualy thinking of trying my hand at fiberglassing and utilizing the area under my dash for this and kepting the door speakers, kinda like a 3 way set up i guess. i still havent decided on using 1 or 2 subs and im still not sure how this will effect the speakers on the doors. i thought of making kicks in the side panals but i cant find a spot on the side that wont be in the way of feet. the reason i am trying these is because $28 shipped, extra time and a few bucks sounds like a fun project
    Sounds similar to what I'm doing. I'm putting my MB Quart components in kicks, and building door pods for my Koda midbasses. Then I'm building the active crossover for everything myself (with plans that Easy drew up for me, gotta give credit where credit is due).
    Life: It's the ultimate sin; a game with no rules that you're expected to win

sounds like fun. i thought of kick panals but they will be in the way so i found a good spot under the dash. best way to learn how to do things that are new and differnt is to try them. i hope mine come out ok.

Thread Information