Junior Member Registered Member

new system help or suggestions

ok i have the head unit and stuff i am going to use.

what i want to know if what people think of the sub and amp i am debating about getting.
    What do you guys think? I am only going to use one 12

SUB is

Kove Audio XK 12D 700W/350W RMS either a DVC 2ohm or 4ohm

AMP is

Phoenix Gold XENON 400.1

XENON 400.1
    ----------------------------
    • High efficiency (greater than 80%) Class D Operation
    • Buffered RCA full range thru output
    • Remote Monitoring Display (RMD) port
    • Low Pass Level control ready (LPL-44)

400W x 1 (4-1 ohm)

I'm in your head Registered Member CVStroker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BossHogg
    ok i have the head unit and stuff i am going to use.

what i want to know if what people think of the sub and amp i am debating about getting.
    What do you guys think? I am only going to use one 12

SUB is

Kove Audio XK 12D 700W/350W RMS either a DVC 2ohm or 4ohm

AMP is

Phoenix Gold XENON 400.1

XENON 400.1
    ----------------------------
    • High efficiency (greater than 80%) Class D Operation
    • Buffered RCA full range thru output
    • Remote Monitoring Display (RMD) port
    • Low Pass Level control ready (LPL-44)

400W x 1 (4-1 ohm)
    Well, how much you looking to spend? How much room do you have, and what kind of music do you listen to? That'll do the job, but we might be able to find better for the same amount of money.
    Life: It's the ultimate sin; a game with no rules that you're expected to win

The Kove 12in is costing me $95.00
    and the PG amp is costing me $250.00

I dont want to spend much more than the prices there if it can be avoided. As I have to many bills + mortgage + school to pay for damn thats a ton. Anyway i only have about $500 total, and was going to get windows tinted with the rest.

This is all going into a 2004 Chrysler Seabring

I have a Sony cdx-m9905x and changer as well, which were gifts from people.

I listen to Rock,Rap, Country, talk radio (sometimes). But mostly country, rock and rap. I am kinda all over the place on music.

Money is the biggest factor in what i am choosing to buy. I am able to purchase from a wholeseller. Which off the top of my head sells ample, PG, lightning audio, Alphasonic.

The Kove 12in is costing me $95.00
    and the PG amp is costing me $250.00

I dont want to spend much more than the prices there if it can be avoided. As I have to many bills + mortgage + school to pay for damn thats a ton. Anyway i only have about $500 total, and was going to get windows tinted with the rest.

This is all going into a 2004 Chrysler Seabring

I have a Sony cdx-m9905x and changer as well, which were gifts from people.

I listen to Rock,Rap, Country, talk radio (sometimes). But mostly country, rock and rap. I am kinda all over the place on music.

Money is the biggest factor in what i am choosing to buy. I am able to purchase from a wholeseller. Which off the top of my head sells ample, PG, lightning audio, Alphasonic.
    Try this:

Adire Audio Shiva $125
    MTX Thunder 502 $190 on ebay.

Don't be worried about the ebay thing with the amp, if you have a problem with it, send it to me, I live 15 minutes from MTXs origional plant, so I'll take it up there directly to get it fixed.

It's cheaper by about $30. I have no experience with Kova subs, so I'm not sure how good they are. PG amps are nice though, but you want something a bit cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by CVStroker
    Try this:

Adire Audio Shiva $125
    MTX Thunder 502 $190 on ebay.

OK i'll give that a thought, want to check other things out first before i committ to buys yet.

Has anyone heard of alphasonic, lightning audio, or ample? if so do they make good products or not?

Can anyone provide a website for the adire manufacturer all i get are shops selling the speaker?

Would I be better off going with a class D mono amp versus a 2 channel bridgeable amp? I wouldnt mind spending the money upfront if thats the case.

I would say the overal objective is great sound quality (for any type of music), nice bass content for when i wanna get my bass on (if ya know what i mean). and i dont give a rats behind if the rest of the world knows what i am listening too either.

Oh yeah I am also concerned with maintaining some trunk space which was why i was going with only one sub. I want a nice clean install. I will prob have the local shops do the install they do some kick arse work I have noticed. Reason is A. I am lazy, B. I never have time either in the car commuting for 45 min one or more, or at work or school. So ideally i would drop it off while at work and pick it up later or something like that.

Thanks for the help
    Mike.

OK i'll give that a thought, want to check other things out first before i committ to buys yet.

Has anyone heard of alphasonic, lightning audio, or ample? if so do they make good products or not?

Can anyone provide a website for the adire manufacturer all i get are shops selling the speaker?

Would I be better off going with a class D mono amp versus a 2 channel bridgeable amp? I wouldnt mind spending the money upfront if thats the case.

I would say the overal objective is great sound quality (for any type of music), nice bass content for when i wanna get my bass on (if ya know what i mean). and i dont give a rats behind if the rest of the world knows what i am listening too either.

Oh yeah I am also concerned with maintaining some trunk space which was why i was going with only one sub. I want a nice clean install. I will prob have the local shops do the install they do some kick arse work I have noticed. Reason is A. I am lazy, B. I never have time either in the car commuting for 45 min one or more, or at work or school. So ideally i would drop it off while at work and pick it up later or something like that.

Thanks for the help
    Mike.
    AS, LA, and Ample are fairly cheap brands, try to stay away from them, especially LA.

www.adireaudio.com to look at them www.easy-audio.com to buy them

I recommended a 2 channel amp because that sub can only be wired down to 4 ohms, and you can't get max power out of a class D amp at 4 ohms. You get full power out of a 2 channel amp bridged at 2 ohms, so you're not wasting money on power you wont use.

The Shiva will definatly be able to hit all notes. It was designed for use in the home, but is such a rugged and clean sub, that a lot of people use them in their cars. They are a very good sub, especially considering what you pay for it.

As for getting good SQ, look into deadening your trunk at least. I prefer Second Skin over Dynamat, because it's very similar results for cheaper. You can get a gallon of Spectrum v.2 (it's a liquid you paint on as opposed to a mat you stick on) for about $40, which is an awesome deal. www.secondskinaudio.com/specialpricing.html

A Shiva will be right at home in about a 2 cube ported box tuned to about 28 hz. Which is a little high among most current 12" subs, but still very managable.

Thread Information