Junior Member Registered Member

Diamond d5 1200.1.....Local Sub/Box Setup??

I went to this local dealer today and come to find out, they make their own subs. All 3 of the guys working there had them set up in their vehicles, so I jumped in one to listen to it and it was freakin insane. They only build 12" and he had two of them with 750w on each.

He said one of those subs can handle the full power of that Diamond amp, plus he has a one year warranty on them.

If i go with 2, he says the box he has to build will take up the ENTIRE trunk. Thats in a 2002 Honda Civic Coupe.

With subs that require that kind of air, what does that mean? (i dont know much about this really....less quality, higher spl, what?)

CAR REVIEW ADMlN Registered Member Easy E's Avatar
    What brand are the subs, that only means they have reall big vas which means a pretty loose suspension. If you want to sacrafice your entire trunk for those subs go ahead, but I think I can think of a better solution for you take less space etc. How much the subs costing ya etc.

Thats my 2 cents.

The name of the sub is Nemesis (brand)...they only make them there.
    $169 a piece.

$220 for the 2 12" box that will take up the entire trunk
    $130 for single 12

Resident Cynic Registered Member FordXplod93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jmorr34_lsu
    The name of the sub is Nemesis (brand)...they only make them there.
    $169 a piece.

$220 for the 2 12" box that will take up the entire trunk
    $130 for single 12
    I would never pay $100 for a box that I can make myself for $30. I think Easy will agree that for the money you'll spend you can get a lot better equipment that doesn't take up nearly as much space.

~FordX
    Often imitated, never duplicated.

Quote Originally Posted by FordXplod93
    I would never pay $100 for a box that I can make myself for $30. I think Easy will agree that for the money you'll spend you can get a lot better equipment that doesn't take up nearly as much space.

~FordX
    did you read what i wrote above that?

thats how much space the subs require that the store builds.

also, I live in an apartment up at college with no tools at all. No building a box for me buddy. Wish i could.

The subs were just loud as hell. Never heard anything so loud before. Maybe the store is trying to get into the market or something. LIke I said, they build them at their shop. A sub that requires that much air, does that mean less sound quality and higher SPL or anything like that?
    Last edited by jmorr34_lsu; 02-10-2004 at 19:21.

Resident Cynic Registered Member FordXplod93's Avatar
    did you read what i wrote above that?

thats how much space the subs require that the store builds.

also, I live in an apartment up at college with no tools at all. No building a box for me buddy. Wish i could buddy.

The subs were just loud as hell. Never heard anything so loud before. Maybe the store is trying to get into the market or something. LIke I said, they build them at their shop. A sub that requires that much air, does that mean less sound quality and higher SPL or anything like that?

Sure I read it. What I said was that there are plenty of options for subs that are less expensive and take up less room, but I guarantee sound just as good as what you heard. Easy has more info.
    Often imitated, never duplicated.

K, guess ill wait for his reply.

so whats the word easy, your the expert

so whats the word easy, your the expert
    Sorry about the delay I been awefully ill and such so I havent had time to post. That amp wants a 1 ohm load. A pair of RE SE's will work nice, also Alpine Type R's. Can go with Tempests but they only produce a 2 ohm load which would be around 600 watts or 300 watts a piece, which is plenty. Umm You can go with something like a Brahma 12 or 15 and go ported but thats a SQL woofer. So for the budget etc probally a Pair of RE's SEs. There website is www.respl.com Slap them in a ported box and it would be killer ;)

Thats my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Easy E
    Sorry about the delay I been awefully ill and such so I havent had time to post. That amp wants a 1 ohm load. A pair of RE SE's will work nice, also Alpine Type R's. Can go with Tempests but they only produce a 2 ohm load which would be around 600 watts or 300 watts a piece, which is plenty. Umm You can go with something like a Brahma 12 or 15 and go ported but thats a SQL woofer. So for the budget etc probally a Pair of RE's SEs. There website is www.respl.com Slap them in a ported box and it would be killer ;)

Thats my 2 cents.
    how much are the RE SEs? Also, how big of a box am i gonna need? Is it gonna take my whole trunk?

Is there a single sub on their line I can go with?

Well www.respl.com has the box recomendations. Here I will list it for you

RE SE's
    12, sealed 1 cubic foot, ported 2 1.8-2.5 tuned to 32hz $150-$200 each before shipping I cant remeber how much exactly, contact RE direct.
    15, sealed 2 cubic feet, ported 4 cubes tuned to 30hz $175-225, contact RE direct for pricing.

RE SEXXX's
    Same Box size

RE XXX
    12, sealed 1 cubic foot, ported 2 2-2.5 tuned to 28hz Similar pricing to Brahmas, contact RE direct for pricing.
    15, sealed 2 cubic feet, ported 4 cubes tuned to 27hz

Adire Audio Brahma
    Same as RE XXX or similar
    Brahma 12" $379 shipped contact me for special pricing etc.
    Brahma 15" $439 shipped contact me for special pricing etc.
    www.easy-audio.com

Now the RE SEXXX's arent on the website but its a modified SE with a different coil, makes it a good woofer for SPL with out spending alot. The SE's sound good same with the SE XXX's. If you want a woofer that sounds amazing go with a RE XXX or Brahma that will still get loud.

Thats my 2 cents

cool Easy.

I can get two 12" RE SEs for $340 shipped.
    or I can go with one 12" RE SX(replaced the HC as a new model) for $330

cool Easy.

I can get two 12" RE SEs for $340 shipped.
    or I can go with one 12" RE SX(replaced the HC as a new model) for $330
    Yes the SEXXX has replaced the HC, I have the 2004 sales brochure, David the president from RE made me take a big stack. Those SE's should work nicely for you.

Thats my 2 cents.

Thread Information