Hybrid View

Junior Member Registered Member

Looking for a good sub

I'm looking for a good spl sub that also has good sq. Any recomendations would be greatly appreciated.

Senior Member Registered Member
    What kinda price range are you looking at? I'm sure everybody could throw out their favorites but it all depends on how much you're looking to shell out.

CAR REVIEW ADMlN Registered Member Easy E's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by auwerda2
    I'm looking for a good spl sub that also has good sq. Any recomendations would be greatly appreciated.
    Ok what is your budget what is your space constraints. With this info we can better help you.
    Thats my 2 cents.

Junior Member Registered Member
    Well, as far as space restraits go I have an entire trunk i'm willing to sacrifice, so thats not really an issue. The price range I am looking at is to not exceed $300-$350, but cheaper is always better too. What i don't want is a sub that can play loud, but sounds terrible doing so. Like i said I'm looking for spl and sq.

Senior Member Registered Member
    the kappa perfects are a little bit of both and good and cheap

I'm in your head Registered Member CVStroker's Avatar
    Pair of Shivas.
    Life: It's the ultimate sin; a game with no rules that you're expected to win

Member Registered Member
    HAHA DO NOT GET KAPPA PERFECTS! not to sound ignorant there, but ive competed with them for to long to know how big of a pain in the butt they are. They have a decent amount of cone distortion (although infinity will tell you its you amp clipping, but ive played them off of at least 30 different amps) they are a good sub no doubt about that, but when you pop the trunk they sound aweful, so when you wanna show them off you generally get laughed at. Putting them in a ported or bandpass box will fix this problem, but in a sealed box the speaker moves past its gaskets limits and makes lots of gross noises, kinda sounds like your beating a soda can with a drumstick incredibly fast. A cheaper alternative...
    http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/2449

http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/2461

I'm running two of the subs and one of the amp (picked them up from best buy with a "hook up" so i got 4 year warranties covering blown speakers)

anyhow i got these in my non competition vehicle (pontiac sunfire sedan (hate)) anyhow they are in two seperate custom built sealed enclosures the amp is turned up to 2/3 power (it goes up the whole way without distortion, imagine that) and im getting 130 spl. By the way these things have sq that makes me cry that i have owned so many kappa perfects before. i have tested them obviously at full power off the amp with some dust brothers. they hit 146db at dash. so i was still crying. When i decided to play slipknot cause i figures that would be a good test for accuracy without distortion all 4 of there drummers were heardloud and clear without the subs missing or slurring a beat.

Anyhow research these babies all you want, I did about one month of good homework before purchasing these beauties. Trust me youwont be disappointed.

p.s the shivas are nice too ;)

Thread Information