Hybrid View

Big JynX Registered Member

install questionz...

ok...
    i just got a pair of pioneer 6x9'z from a buddy for literally $10...(he wrecked his car)
    their "200 watts Maximum Power"...well thatz wut it sayz on the magnet sticker...
    plus the magnet isn't that big...AT ALL...the magnet on my factory's iz bigger, but i don't know if that matter.
    but my question iz...
    after i get an adapter for them...
    how do i hook-em up to an amp??
    AND...
    i finally wanna use those tweeters...how do i install them onto a 4x6 dash speaker?

PLEASE...Help...Me!!!!
    Big JynX
    CEO of
    GK2 Internet Productionz

Senior Member Registered Member
    make a plate for the tweeters. are you asking how do you hook up the amp? as in run the power and ground remote wires?

I'm in your head Registered Member CVStroker's Avatar
    If you make an adapter for the speakers, hook them up to a 9 volt battery, for just a sec, don't hold it there. When you touch the leads to the terminals, if the cone pops out, then the terminal that was hooked to the positive terminal of the battery is the positive one. Just find out which sides are positive, and hook them to the positive of the amp, so your speakers are in phase.
    Life: It's the ultimate sin; a game with no rules that you're expected to win

Resident Cynic Registered Member FordXplod93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CVStroker
    If you make an adapter for the speakers, hook them up to a 9 volt battery, for just a sec, don't hold it there. When you touch the leads to the terminals, if the cone pops out, then the terminal that was hooked to the positive terminal of the battery is the positive one. Just find out which sides are positive, and hook them to the positive of the amp, so your speakers are in phase.
    Correct. Somewhere I heard that for low power levels, phase differences in small speakers (non-subwoofer) are practically inaudible.

~FordX
    Often imitated, never duplicated.

I'm in your head Registered Member CVStroker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FordXplod93
    Correct. Somewhere I heard that for low power levels, phase differences in small speakers (non-subwoofer) are practically inaudible.

~FordX

Yeah, but I've been told that the impedence changes of speakers that are out of phase change differently, and that's not good for the amp. I don't know if there is any truth to this, but it kinda makes sense to me. Although the guy who told me was one of those arrogant know it all electrical engineers who rarely works with physical audio, he works at a radio station on the transmitter.
    Life: It's the ultimate sin; a game with no rules that you're expected to win

CAR REVIEW ADMlN Registered Member Easy E's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CVStroker
    Yeah, but I've been told that the impedence changes of speakers that are out of phase change differently, and that's not good for the amp. I don't know if there is any truth to this, but it kinda makes sense to me. Although the guy who told me was one of those arrogant know it all electrical engineers who rarely works with physical audio, he works at a radio station on the transmitter.
    Ehh sounds like a false statement to me. Being out of phase only really matters for low notes and imaging. If u have 2 speakers one is out of phase it can mess up the imaging and make it sound hollow or just something weird. But for lower notes is when being out of phase matters it kills your bass.
    Thats my 2 cents.

Thread Information