Junior Member Registered Member

Question soundstream xtant amps

I am curious if anyone can give me any good feedback on soundstream rubicon 600-4 and xtant x604 amps i have run eclipse before and was pleased but have found good deals on the other amps and can't find any real good deals on the eclipse the reason i am asking about those amps is they are roughly in the power range i am looking for 75 to 100 watts rms/by4 and are there any other amps out there that would compare sq and build quality wise to the eclipse for around $200.00
    Last edited by cote5594; 02-02-2004 at 04:27.

CAR REVIEW ADMlN Registered Member Easy E's Avatar
    They arent bad amps, thats not a bad price either. So go which one you like the most. Enjoy.

Thats my 2 cents.

Junior Member Registered Member
    thanks for you input i have decided to go with the soundstream i have another question that has to do with install In my car i will have the soundstream and a hifonics brutus bx1500d which is 1500 watts max by 1 at 1 ohm and i will be running it at about 1.5 ohm my question is what size power wire and cap do you think i should run i have already decided to run a high output alternator and a stinger or optima dry cell battery

CAR REVIEW ADMlN Registered Member Easy E's Avatar
    1 gauge wire the minium (or dual 4 run into the same distro block), caps dont do anything so dont waste the money on that.

thats my 2 cents.

Resident Cynic Registered Member FordXplod93's Avatar
    I agree with Easy. You have already spent the money to upgrade your electrical system (new alternator and battery), so there is no need for a cap. Caps are useless anyway, but we won't get into that dicussion here. ;) Other than that, the system sounds like a great setup.

~FordX

Thread Information