Thread: good amps?

Member Registered Member

good amps?

i want everyone to voice there opionion on some good amps out there so ppl can kno wat to buy and not get ripped off.... if u could do so that would be great... expecially all the guys out there that really kno there car and amp stuff that would be great... thnx

Member Registered Member
    hey guys... i was juss thinking and heard and know of alot of ppl wit audiobahn amps... i kno that there subs have been known for the magnets to come off.. but for the amps not over heating... i think there some good amps? any opinions... state them plz

CAR REVIEW ADMlN Registered Member Easy E's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaRider21
    hey guys... i was juss thinking and heard and know of alot of ppl wit audiobahn amps... i kno that there subs have been known for the magnets to come off.. but for the amps not over heating... i think there some good amps? any opinions... state them plz
    Audiobahn amps sux they have issues. I dont like having fans having cooling fans, its just one more thing to break. I believe that amp you wanted is a Class A/B meaning a current hog and will require a ton of power get it going. It has 4 fans because it needs them to stay cool. Try finding a more efficent amp unless u like amps killing your electrical system and having it being a permant heater in the back of your truck ;). Anything that is Class D will work as long as it puts out the right power... and is a respectable brand.
    Thats my 2 cents.

Resident Flamer Registered Member -dh-'s Avatar
    i want everyone to voice there opionion on some good amps out there so ppl can kno wat to buy and not get ripped off.... if u could do so that would be great... expecially all the guys out there that really kno there car and amp stuff that would be great... thnx
    US Amps, MTX, US Acoustics, HiFonics, Zapco, and JBL are all solid brand names for amps.

hope that helps some
    Life's a heavy price to pay, but when you're dead, there's no complaining.

Member Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy E
    Audiobahn amps sux they have issues. I dont like having fans having cooling fans, its just one more thing to break. I believe that amp you wanted is a Class A/B meaning a current hog and will require a ton of power get it going. It has 4 fans because it needs them to stay cool. Try finding a more efficent amp unless u like amps killing your electrical system and having it being a permant heater in the back of your truck ;). Anything that is Class D will work as long as it puts out the right power... and is a respectable brand.
    my friends got a audiobahn really nice amp wit 2 fans in it and 3600 peak but 1800 rms and it makes his car hit around 145 wit 2 L7 12's so damn i dont care about electrical problems wit my car... juss put in another battary and ull be fine... i dont really like zapco or acoustics amps at all... never really heard of mtx amps being that good anyways but i want to choice the audiobahn amp bc its got all the power i need wit 1 amp instead of buying 2 amps to hold the power... but ya if u can show me some amps that u like then state them plz... and are better then audiobahn

I'm in your head Registered Member CVStroker's Avatar
    my friends got a audiobahn really nice amp wit 2 fans in it and 3600 peak but 1800 rms and it makes his car hit around 145 wit 2 L7 12's so damn i dont care about electrical problems wit my car... juss put in another battary and ull be fine... i dont really like zapco or acoustics amps at all... never really heard of mtx amps being that good anyways but i want to choice the audiobahn amp bc its got all the power i need wit 1 amp instead of buying 2 amps to hold the power... but ya if u can show me some amps that u like then state them plz... and are better then audiobahn

With 2000 watts of class A/B power, there is NO possible way your electricl system will keep up, even with another battery. That amp will be drawing close to 4000 watts total. That would be hard for an aftermarket alternator to keep up with. And you should be worried about electrical problems with your car, if you don't remember, you need a stong electrical system to start your car. So if you kill it, you wont be able to get home some time.

Zapco are some of the best amps out there, bar none. US Acoustics are also very good amps. MTX has some the of the best amps from a budget standpoint, very good power-price-performance ratio. In fact, all of the amps -dh- listed will spank an Audiobahn amp.

You honestly really want to go with a class D non-Audiobahn amp.

Just to let you know, you can hit 145 db with less than 1000 watts, so your buddies system is nothing special.
    Life: It's the ultimate sin; a game with no rules that you're expected to win

CAR REVIEW ADMlN Registered Member Easy E's Avatar
    Well guess what your buddy hit 145DB wit his Audiobahn amp lol. My friend spent $490 total and hit 147 DB on a Termlab SPL mic, strictest in the game. And is only running 800 watts. So yea your friend just got schooled wit over half the budget.
    Thats my 2 cents.

Member Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy E
    Well guess what your buddy hit 145DB wit his Audiobahn amp lol. My friend spent $490 total and hit 147 DB on a Termlab SPL mic, strictest in the game. And is only running 800 watts. So yea your friend just got schooled wit over half the budget.
    ya dude he buys all the richest and known stuff around here... juss tryin to be the best... i wanna beat him wit like half the money that hes got into his system so i need help

ya dude he buys all the richest and known stuff around here... juss tryin to be the best... i wanna beat him wit like half the money that hes got into his system so i need help
    Adire Tumult (the Brahmas big brother) and Hifonics 1500D, you'll definatly get a lot more wow factor.

Member Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CVStroker
    Adire Tumult (the Brahmas big brother) and Hifonics 1500D, you'll definatly get a lot more wow factor.
    ya ive been talkin to Easy E on aim and he says that i shoudl put 1 15 tumult.. instead of 2 12's brahmas wat u think?

I agree with him.

Member Registered Member
    I agree with him.
    so let me get this straight.... lol

it would be better for me to get 1 15's inch tumult wit 1000watts?
    or 2 12's brahmas wit 1500 watts to both?
    or 1 15 brahma wit 1000 watts?

i need imput bad..

so let me get this straight.... lol

it would be better for me to get 1 15's inch tumult wit 1000watts?
    or 2 12's brahmas wit 1500 watts to both?
    or 1 15 brahma wit 1000 watts?

i need imput bad..
    Get a Tumult with a Hifonics 1500D.

15" Tumult with 1500 watts, you'll be in happy land.

Member Registered Member
    Get a Tumult with a Hifonics 1500D.

15" Tumult with 1500 watts, you'll be in happy land.
    wat would u get 2 15's or 1?

Even though I'm a "bassoholic" I also like hearing my mids and highs clearly. When you start getting into the dual 15" subs with multi-kilowatt amps, it makes it much more difficult to find mids and highs that can keep up.

A single 15 with 1500 watts will be more than enough. It will be "quiet" enough to allow your mids/highs to keep up, but you still should be able to hit 140db+ pretty easily.

Thread Information