Member Registered Member

is this system good?

hey im goin to be gettin a s-10 pickup truck and be puttin 2 L7 kickers in it wit a 2200 watt amp and a flip out tv screen in dash player... either from kenwood or panasonic... i was lookin at alpine but i dont kno im still deciding wat 1 i want... wat yall think about that system... im guessin id be hittin around 140 db if i got 1/0 wiring wit 2 ohms... but i dont quite kno yett... so i need some feed bak... i havnt got the system yett either so juss tell me wat u think

Senior Member Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaRider21
    hey im goin to be gettin a s-10 pickup truck and be puttin 2 L7 kickers in it wit a 2200 watt amp and a flip out tv screen in dash player... either from kenwood or panasonic... i was lookin at alpine but i dont kno im still deciding wat 1 i want... wat yall think about that system... im guessin id be hittin around 140 db if i got 1/0 wiring wit 2 ohms... but i dont quite kno yett... so i need some feed bak... i havnt got the system yett either so juss tell me wat u think

well, it dependds on what amp you use---in a little ass truck like that, you'll hit a lot harder than 140... maybe more like 150-155 or so.... that is a lot of sound for a litttle cab truck--and how are you goign to fit the proper boxes for the subs behind the seat?

Also, plan on upgrading your altenator with the stereo system.

CAR REVIEW ADMlN Registered Member Easy E's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hessakia
    well, it dependds on what amp you use---in a little ass truck like that, you'll hit a lot harder than 140... maybe more like 150-155 or so.... that is a lot of sound for a litttle cab truck--and how are you goign to fit the proper boxes for the subs behind the seat?

Also, plan on upgrading your altenator with the stereo system.
    Hess your throwing numbers out there like its nothing lol. No way he will hit 155 in that truck. Its just not gonna happen. Maybe 155 on some old super loose mic but we dont talk like that anymore its all about the Termlab and Linear X mic. Now that is a real score. And yes he is right he can probally hit 140 maybe 145, but it all depends on his tunning how well he deadens and seals the truck up and if he does go ported box size, box design and way its built, port area, placement of ports and woofers, and the placement of the mic etc.

Is the system good? its ok, if properly setup etc it can pound.
    Thats my 2 cents.

Member Registered Member
    dude hav u ever seen any pictures of a s-10 extended cab... theres plenty of room for 2 12's like that.... i think i was lookin at the audiobahn amp that powers 1200-2ohm or 2400-1ohm... im goin to hav my box made to basicly fit the truck best.... i juss need to kno for around 2000g is that a good system or u think i could get better 12's and put em in there?
    thnx for the imput guys... keep it coming

Never mentioned it was an extended cab.

for 2 g's you can get a beter amp (almost anything is beter then autobahn) and beter 12's. for your screen, the kenwood, i think its a 913 ( the old one was the kvc 911), is pretty good. its a touch screen and has all the great features and all. I always like alpine, good quality and extras. for that i would go to a store and play with them all and see what you like. dont 4get you are going to need some mids and highs, unless you just want all bass and dont 4get to get some dynamat to kept the rattles away, i hope you get everything covered before you get started. have fun

Member Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seans
    for 2 g's you can get a beter amp (almost anything is beter then autobahn) and beter 12's. for your screen, the kenwood, i think its a 913 ( the old one was the kvc 911), is pretty good. its a touch screen and has all the great features and all. I always like alpine, good quality and extras. for that i would go to a store and play with them all and see what you like. dont 4get you are going to need some mids and highs, unless you just want all bass and dont 4get to get some dynamat to kept the rattles away, i hope you get everything covered before you get started. have fun
    wat other 2 12's do u think is better the L7 kickers? yes im goin to get some mids and highs... and some dynamat... i aint that stupid lol i thought the audiobahn amp would be good bc its got 4 fans built in it so it wont over heat barly... but if u kno of a better amp... plz tell me... i cant wait to get started and wordering this stuff but not till i hear wats good from yall.. thanx for the imput keep tellin me wats good

I'm in your head Registered Member CVStroker's Avatar
    wat other 2 12's do u think is better the L7 kickers? yes im goin to get some mids and highs... and some dynamat... i aint that stupid lol i thought the audiobahn amp would be good bc its got 4 fans built in it so it wont over heat barly... but if u kno of a better amp... plz tell me... i cant wait to get started and wordering this stuff but not till i hear wats good from yall.. thanx for the imput keep tellin me wats good
    Just because it has four fans does not mean it will not overheat and that it's good. Good amps to look at are MTX, US Amps, JBL, and JL.

Also, don't get Dynamat, too expensive. Second Skin is cheaper, has MUCH MUCH better customer assistance, and is just as good, if not arguably better than dynamat. head on over to www.caraudioforum.com and look up Second Skin Rep (company owner) and send him an e-mail, he's great at helping out.

For $2000 you can do a lot better than 2 L7s and an Audiobahn amp.

Maybe try a pair of 12" Adire Brahmas or RE XXXs. Or maybe a single Adire Tumult. You really don't need over 1500 watts for bass frequencies for an everyday driver. but if you really want over 2000 watts, the JBL 2200.1 is the amp to look at.
    Life: It's the ultimate sin; a game with no rules that you're expected to win

Member Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CVStroker
    Just because it has four fans does not mean it will not overheat and that it's good. Good amps to look at are MTX, US Amps, JBL, and JL.

Also, don't get Dynamat, too expensive. Second Skin is cheaper, has MUCH MUCH better customer assistance, and is just as good, if not arguably better than dynamat. head on over to www.caraudioforum.com and look up Second Skin Rep (company owner) and send him an e-mail, he's great at helping out.

For $2000 you can do a lot better than 2 L7s and an Audiobahn amp.

Maybe try a pair of 12" Adire Brahmas or RE XXXs. Or maybe a single Adire Tumult. You really don't need over 1500 watts for bass frequencies for an everyday driver. but if you really want over 2000 watts, the JBL 2200.1 is the amp to look at.
    thanx for the reply... umm ill look into mtx amps... never heard of Adire Brahmas or RE XXXs so i wouldnt kno wat ur talkin about.... my bro had JL audio 2 15's and they were alright but he never had a JL audio amp soo ill look into it... tell me more about Adire Brahmas or RE XXXs if u can.. thnx

Member Registered Member
    ya... i juss want like info on some stuff... bc my bro doesnt really trust Adire Brahmas or RE XXXs bc he has never heard of em.. so he doesnt think there good... and the reason y i dont go wit mtx amps bc there highest amp is 1000 wats... id hav to get 2 amps... and thats not wat i really want to do.. so i need some imput and u should like u kno wat ur doin so juss tell me plz... i need to blow my friends system out and hes got 2 L7's 12's wit 1800 watts soo ya

I'm in your head Registered Member CVStroker's Avatar
    ya... i juss want like info on some stuff... bc my bro doesnt really trust Adire Brahmas or RE XXXs bc he has never heard of em.. so he doesnt think there good... and the reason y i dont go wit mtx amps bc there highest amp is 1000 wats... id hav to get 2 amps... and thats not wat i really want to do.. so i need some imput and u should like u kno wat ur doin so juss tell me plz... i need to blow my friends system out and hes got 2 L7's 12's wit 1800 watts soo ya
    The Brahma and XXX are some of best subs out there, period. RE and Adire are both lesser known companies that still put quality above quantity. I just got a Brahma Monday, and it's a beast. 1600 rms, 4800 peak, over 2.25" peak to peak linear excursion, and they employ the XBL^2 motor, which is the best sounding sub motor on the market, only rivaled by the JL W7 motor that incorperates a radially crossdrilled pole piece.

http://www.easy-audio.com/products/c...ers/brahma.htm

The largest MTX amp, the 1501D puts out a rated 1500 watts at 2 ohms, but you can easily get closer to 1700+ watts if your electrical system is strong enough.

A pair of 12" Brahmas hooked to a MTX 1501D in a good install will be very competitive with your friends system. Plus it will sound better. One thing you need to know, good performance is 90% install, 10% equipment.
    Life: It's the ultimate sin; a game with no rules that you're expected to win

Resident Flamer Registered Member -dh-'s Avatar

Brahma's and XXX's would kill his L7's anytime.

But as CV said, it all comes down to the install.

good luck.
    Life's a heavy price to pay, but when you're dead, there's no complaining.

Member Registered Member
    The Brahma and XXX are some of best subs out there, period. RE and Adire are both lesser known companies that still put quality above quantity. I just got a Brahma Monday, and it's a beast. 1600 rms, 4800 peak, over 2.25" peak to peak linear excursion, and they employ the XBL^2 motor, which is the best sounding sub motor on the market, only rivaled by the JL W7 motor that incorperates a radially crossdrilled pole piece.

The largest MTX amp, the 1501D puts out a rated 1500 watts at 2 ohms, but you can easily get closer to 1700+ watts if your electrical system is strong enough.

A pair of 12" Brahmas hooked to a MTX 1501D in a good install will be very competitive with your friends system. Plus it will sound better. One thing you need to know, good performance is 90% install, 10% equipment.
    hey ya dude holy crap im goin to get those subs... i was watchin the movies and damn... they hit hard... wat would u recommend 1 sub or 2 subs... and i would need 2 mtx amps if i had i had 2 subs? let me kno wat u think thnx..

Member Registered Member

i need to kno about the XXX plz tell me omg im in love wit u... kno 1 knos about those subs.. and they kick butt on the movies.. wow dude

CAR REVIEW ADMlN Registered Member Easy E's Avatar
    i need to kno about the XXX plz tell me omg im in love wit u... kno 1 knos about those subs.. and they kick butt on the movies.. wow dude
    I know all about RE XXX and Adire Audio Brahmas I am very familar with them. Hit me up on AIM MSN and we can talk.

AIM/AOL: easyaud
    MSN: easyese@hotmail.com
    Email: easyese@hotmail.com
    Thats my 2 cents.

Thread Information