Junior Member Registered Member

im having trouble w/ my amp and/or subs

i have a 760watt pioneer and 2 12" adrenalin subs. when i turn on the system everting thing comes on, but when i turn the volume up the subs just stop hitting but like every couple of seconds they hit agian but then stop. the amps power light is still on when these happens. so i don't know what is wrong with this system.

Resident Flamer Registered Member -dh-'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thebaseballboy16
    i have a 760watt pioneer and 2 12" adrenalin subs. when i turn on the system everting thing comes on, but when i turn the volume up the subs just stop hitting but like every couple of seconds they hit agian but then stop. the amps power light is still on when these happens. so i don't know what is wrong with this system.

Has anyone messed with the EQ/ crossover settings? And how long have you had the system running with out any problems? Did it just all of a sudden happen or were there any warning signs?
    Life's a heavy price to pay, but when you're dead, there's no complaining.

CAR REVIEW ADMlN Registered Member Easy E's Avatar
    Its most likely a protection circuit of some sort. Can be from overheating the amp, from too low of impedence, or it can be from a bad ground or power wire. Also the amp can have some issues internally.
    Thats my 2 cents.

i have had the subs for about 2 weeks and the amp for about month-month 1/2. and it just started to do this maybe two days ago. and it is not from overheating because it happens right when i turn it on.i don't have a crossover on it yet but i will sometime this week.
    Last edited by thebaseballboy16; 08-08-2004 at 13:13.

Resident Flamer Registered Member -dh-'s Avatar
    i have had the subs for about 2 weeks and the amp for about month-month 1/2. and it just started to do this maybe two days ago. and it is not from overheating because it happens right when i turn it on.i don't have a crossover on it yet but i will sometime this week.

hmmm...Have you re-checked all your grounds/fuses? And, so this was out of the blue, no warning signs? You didn't do any tweaking or anything like that before it started going out?

I don't really have any idea yet, but it wouldn't hurt to ask as many questions as possible

Gotta start somewhere.
    Life's a heavy price to pay, but when you're dead, there's no complaining.

i have replaced both fuses that are in it and i even replaced the ground and power wire w/ 4 gauge wire (was using 8) also the remote, rca, and speaker wire. and yes it just happened right out of the blue when i was riding down the street. do u think the amp may be blown or if there is too much power going to the amp.

CAR REVIEW ADMlN Registered Member Easy E's Avatar
    i have replaced both fuses that are in it and i even replaced the ground and power wire w/ 4 gauge wire (was using 8) also the remote, rca, and speaker wire. and yes it just happened right out of the blue when i was riding down the street. do u think the amp may be blown or if there is too much power going to the amp.

Where did u ground it to, did u scrape the paint first to make a good ground connection? Also is there any corrosion at all? What amp are you using and what subs and how are they wired up?

With this I can help you out further.
    Thats my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Easy E
    Where did u ground it to, did u scrape the paint first to make a good ground connection? Also is there any corrosion at all? What amp are you using and what subs and how are they wired up?

With this I can help you out further.
    i grounded it to the body in my trunk, yes i scraped the paint, and the is no ground corrosion. i am using a 760 watt pioneer 2 channel bridgeable amp, the subs are 2 12" adrenalins that are in a box and are wired correctly. and even when i bridge or don't bridge the wire it does the same thing.

Thread Information