Senior Member Registered Member

Getting amps repaired

ALright, so today, i went out and seen if i could get my amp to work. The amp in question is an MTX 2300X (150x2@4ohm, 300x2@2ohms, 600x1@4ohms). I really don't want to have to replace it becuase this amp is good. What it is doing is sending a bass beat to teh sub anytime it is pluged in... when volume is at zero from teh deck it just hits in a solid beat... like thump thump thump, but pretty fast. I tried a different ground to see if that fixed anything... i grounded to roughly 5 different spots and no luck.

So are there any places that can fix amps for a decent price????

any ideas???

oh ya, it was working, and then i moved the "EQ" (which ibelieve is the crossover or whatever) so it would cross at a higher frequency, and it started this--it had been working great up until that point in time.

Hess

Senior Member Registered Member
    Try this site...

http://www.kbaudio.com

I'm in your head Registered Member CVStroker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hessakia
    ALright, so today, i went out and seen if i could get my amp to work. The amp in question is an MTX 2300X (150x2@4ohm, 300x2@2ohms, 600x1@4ohms). I really don't want to have to replace it becuase this amp is good. What it is doing is sending a bass beat to teh sub anytime it is pluged in... when volume is at zero from teh deck it just hits in a solid beat... like thump thump thump, but pretty fast. I tried a different ground to see if that fixed anything... i grounded to roughly 5 different spots and no luck.

So are there any places that can fix amps for a decent price????

any ideas???

oh ya, it was working, and then i moved the "EQ" (which ibelieve is the crossover or whatever) so it would cross at a higher frequency, and it started this--it had been working great up until that point in time.

Hess
    e-mail MTX. I doubt the repair would be too expensive. I doubt a new board in that amp would be more than $50-$70, see if you can just buy a new board and put it in yourself.
    Life: It's the ultimate sin; a game with no rules that you're expected to win

Thread Information