Junior Member Registered Member

not quite car audio but close enough

I know this is car audio, but what audio system do you all have hooked up to your computer?

I've currently sporting the Logitech z-680 on my comp.
    I turn the sub on 85% volume and i go walking down the street and at the end of it i can just hear it which is quite good for a computer audio system.
    So tell about yours if its worth being noted
    Website devoted to bass:
    (website link removed due to lack of hits)

Member Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lopvin
    I know this is car audio, but what audio system do you all have hooked up to your computer?

I've currently sporting the Logitech z-680 on my comp.
    I turn the sub on 85% volume and i go walking down the street and at the end of it i can just hear it which is quite good for a computer audio system.
    So tell about yours if its worth being noted
    haha its my HT. My computer's on the other side of the wall of my home theatre setup. My mains are half DIY. Two jensen 6.5" woofers, a titanium bullet horn tweet, and a 4" cone midrange. DIY Center channel is a small 5.25" woofer with a .5" audax tweeter. DIY surrounds have a 6.5" woofer and a pretty harsh sounding piezo tweeter. All these speakers are fed by my a Marantz SR-5200. It powers everything except the center, which has a bridged Pioneer amp (puts out around 140 watts). And yes the subwoofer, a 12" bass horn, only handles 60 watts, but I'm powering it with my audiosource amp three (400 watts rms) and no problems after 2 years. Oh, and I can hear it two blocks away with just one of my windows open. haha alright im done.

-Joey

Resident Cynic Registered Member FordXplod93's Avatar
    I've got my computer hooked up to my mini-shelf system. It's an old Aiwa CX-ND7 with 3-way speakers and dual 200mm (almost 8 inches) subs. Sounds wicked good up loud, and sadly, is the only non-stock audio component I own at the moment.

~FordX
    Often imitated, never duplicated.

Senior Member Registered Member
    I'm just running some $70 Altec Lansing's that actually sound pretty damn good. Not sure of the model # but they're the ones w/ the skinny little towers and the sub. I basically just play music w/ 'em and they can get pretty loud and play pretty low for what they are...

my setup on my comp now is a pos turntable a sony tape deck for when i record my friends bands although now i do it with my comp old old old school technics eq with lots of mic inputs and a few neat effects a mitsubishi surround sound. it was their top of the line a few years ago but i dont like it half as much as my old middle to lower level yamaha receiver. i soon hope to get a tube amp or another yamaha and a yamaha 4 dic changer. for speakers i run a vintage set of criterion book shelfs which i must say sound amazing nothing like what radio shack sells now adays ( old radio shack brand). my other set of speakers that i listen to sometimes are my babies vintage jbl speakers c36's to be exact. they have a d-130 woofer which is similar to the d-130f wooder used in woodstock actually i think they are the same i think they just put the f in it to say they were made for fender cabs with a 075 bullet tweeter thing weights like 15 pounds or more lol also same as used in woodstock. now heres a history lesson for you. the d-130s ar a 15" woofer that uses an alnico magnethas a 4" flat wound voice coil if i remember coorectly. it was not used for low low freq although it goes pretty low so the incorporated the d-140f in the towers at woodstock it is also a 15" woofer and had a brother the d-140 which was the same thing. the d-140f was used mainly for bass cabs however the d-140 and d-130 could be switched without noticing much of a difference. anyways i believe woodstock used the 16 ohm models i think the 8 ohm models came a littler later however i could be mistaken. now the tweeter is quite amazing it doesnt even look like it should be capable of making noise. it reminds me alot of my mb quarts premium tweeter. it is very bright it can actually become more bright then my mb quarts by setting the knob on the back of the crossover. that is prolly why i like the quarts so much because they remind me of my true baby. i have also recently reconed the two d-130 woofers and i had the 075 tweeter recoiled. you should go on ebay and type in jbl 075 so you can see the massiveness on the tweeter. im talking if i had a choice to drop my old phoenix gold sub on my foot or the tweeter id take the sub.

nyc

u had better than wot i thought lol
    my 8" sub is 188watt and goes hard.. top of the range for wot Logitech makes.. cant get any better than that from them. i didnt have much of a budget so buying things separately was out of the question.
    The speakers dont have a separate tweeter on 'em and the mids sound really shallow, but everything else is good.. bass is really boomy and i had to turn it down a bit during movies.
    the speakers are 64 watt each and 69 for the centre speaker. amp is on sub naturally as it came as a package.
    *checks web host for pics of speakers*
    ok if ure bored check these out.. if ure on dialup might take a bit to load.. theyre 1600 x 1200 (needlessly.. *sigh)

Picture of subwoofer the moment i took it out of the box

Sub stil in the box compared to my fone

Left and centre (badly formatted)

last one... pic of sub

sorry bout the bad lighting and all that.. i aint a very good photographer
    Website devoted to bass:

I'm in your head Registered Member CVStroker's Avatar
    My computer sound system is sonic bliss. I use a pair of Sennheiser HD 280 Pro headphones. If you wanna hear how the artist intended the recording to sound, you gotta listen to the song with a pair of these.
    Life: It's the ultimate sin; a game with no rules that you're expected to win

Quote Originally Posted by CVStroker
    My computer sound system is sonic bliss. I use a pair of Sennheiser HD 280 Pro headphones. If you wanna hear how the artist intended the recording to sound, you gotta listen to the song with a pair of these.
    very true
    my mates dad bout 200 dollar sound card and the sennheisers and i was over and he let me listen on them and u r very right. they sound much more beautiful than any speakers ive heard (including my dad's 5 way speaker which i thought pwned)
    but now theyre like short of money lol
    Website devoted to bass:

Resident Flamer Registered Member -dh-'s Avatar
    I have some cheap Boston speakers that sound decent at best. Oh, I also use my crappy wal-mart headphones most of the time.

Meh...nothing special here. Move along.
    Life's a heavy price to pay, but when you're dead, there's no complaining.

I have the once-top-of-the-line Logitech Z560's on my computer.... they are great speakers that pound pretty hard and don't distort at high volumes....my home stereo, on the other hand, is even more badass.

CAR REVIEW ADMlN Registered Member Easy E's Avatar
    Oh the question wit so many answers. Now let see what computer and which stereo haha. Umm Right not currently to the laptop I have my Koda component set in a ported box running off a HK receiver. I have some 3 way towers wit 10s in them, that I usually have hooked up. I also have my Tempest in a ported box off a 250 watt amp. And my maelstrom off a 1000 watt amp. I also have 2 good sets of book shelf speakers. And a Shiva wit 2 PR15s tuned low. Another HK receiver, and a old Pioneer beast stereo receiver from the 70s. Got my cheap but good headphones. Oh cant forget the JBL 5.1 receiver wit sorround sound. For more information about what stuff I am running let me get u guys a link, its old but it still works.

http://forums.carreview.com/showthread.php?t=315

There ya go, but I also own 5 more amps now and a second maelstrom and a Koda 10 and a few more sets of Koda components. But yea I have fun wit audio. Oh I also forgot my Vifa 5 1/4s I got nice speakers and the Diamond Audio M5 speaker set. Bah I own too much stuff. So basically its what ever I feel like hooking my laptop up to. Or my desktop.
    Thats my 2 cents.

I almost got the z-560's but they dont have PL2 and all that on it.. and the speakers have a few more watts but the z560s ae really good too.. i know how loud they pump cos the sub on mine is the as on the 560s
    Website devoted to bass:

Thread Information