Thread: 2-12 vs 1-15

Junior Member Registered Member

2-12 vs 1-15

i am having trouble deciding if i want to change my sub setup right now i have two thunder 8000 twelves but i am curious about a single fifteen i am running an audiobahn a8000t amp pushing 800 at two ohms what i was wondering is can i get the same punch from one fifteen that i do with my twelves i just finished peicing this system together a few months ago but i think i am still lacking in the bass compared to how the rest of my system sounds

Member Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by soundman49120
    i am having trouble deciding if i want to change my sub setup right now i have two thunder 8000 twelves but i am curious about a single fifteen i am running an audiobahn a8000t amp pushing 800 at two ohms what i was wondering is can i get the same punch from one fifteen that i do with my twelves i just finished peicing this system together a few months ago but i think i am still lacking in the bass compared to how the rest of my system sounds
    yes if u set up everything right and had a better sounded sub ( adire tumult ) 15 would be the best sub i would recommend for u to get as far as a 15 would go and it would probably hit as hard or harder then ur 12's if u had everything installed good

Member Registered Member

Thunder

Yea, how much money are you willing to spend? If you really want a loud, bumpin' sub, and you're on a budget- the Cerwin Vega Stroker Cannot be beat. It's your best bang for the buck. One 15" Thunder 8000 will not be louder than the 2 12" Thunder 8000's. It might go a little deeper, but the 2 12" have more cone area. Let us know your budget and how much space you have to work with then we can help you much more. Yea, a Tumult will be louder......but will cost him over double what he paid for the thunder 8000's, I doubt he has that much money juss sitting around waiting to spend on a sub, also you would have to build a VERY NICE box for the tumult. Lots of time and work will need to be put in to your box, and you'll have an AWESOME sounding sub.

Thread Information