Hybrid View

Junior Member Registered Member

$2000 to drop...

I'm new to car audio so I just have a basic knowledge of the components. I drive a 2000 Focus ZX3 and I have $2000 to drop on a system. Everything is factory as of now, and I was wondering if I could get a little help. I listen to a lot of rap, so a bass-heavy system is essential. plz help. thx.
    p.s. (how much can I expect to pay to have it installed)

Senior Member Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kainrally
    I'm new to car audio so I just have a basic knowledge of the components. I drive a 2000 Focus ZX3 and I have $2000 to drop on a system. Everything is factory as of now, and I was wondering if I could get a little help. I listen to a lot of rap, so a bass-heavy system is essential. plz help. thx.
    p.s. (how much can I expect to pay to have it installed)

Well, for 2 grand you can get a great setup, but you can get a really good one for way less than 2.

Also, Install isn't very hard to do at all, and you'll save yourself a bundle.

Would help out more, but i gotta run

Hess.

I'm in your head Registered Member CVStroker's Avatar
    I'll take a shot at it:

HU: Clarion DXZ645MP
    Components: JL XR series (whatever fits your car)
    Component amp: MTX Thunder 502
    Sub: Adire Audio Brahma 15"
    Sub Amp: Hifonics Brutus 1500D
    Get whatever your local shop carries for wires and interconnects, wire is wire, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
    Build the enclosure out of 3/4" MDF

Do the install yourself, you'll save yourself at least $200 for an install like this. If you need help ask us here on the forum, or if you have MSN Messenger, you can hit me up there and I'll help as much as I can.
    Life: It's the ultimate sin; a game with no rules that you're expected to win

systems are a waste of time and money they get stollen they break theyre time consuming to install and setup right. you should put that money into performance parts for your car the stock focus radio isnt that bad.. you could also save or invest the money

Quote Originally Posted by inteva6184
    systems are a waste of time and money they get stollen they break theyre time consuming to install and setup right. you should put that money into performance parts for your car the stock focus radio isnt that bad.. you could also save or invest the money
    If that is what you truly believe, then you are one of the few people on this forum who thinks so. $2000.00 will get you far more with car audio equipment than it would with performance parts. $2000.00 will get you quite a bit if you spend it wisely; your setup just depends on what you're aiming for sound-wise. I don't really feel like thinking up a whole system for you just now but I might later.

how can you say you can get more outa 2000 for audio then performance theyre totally different things 2000 you can make a car pretty damn fast

Junior Member Registered Member

Also...

With CVStroker's suggestion I was curious whether or not dual 15" Brahma subs would be realistic, and if so would that require a more powerful amp and therefore resulting in a higher battery drain?

Thread Information