Thread: transistor

Senior Member Registered Member

transistor

hey who woulda thought that transistors could catch fire. ive seen them shatter but catch fire is new to me. anyways after the brutus did it the first time i had to try to do it again and get pictures so here ya go
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I'm in your head Registered Member CVStroker's Avatar
    I think it's dead.

That's kinda cool, I hope that was a spare amp, not one from your ride.
    Life: It's the ultimate sin; a game with no rules that you're expected to win

no no that was my old hifonics brutus 1500. my opti 2000d was my amp untilit took a dump a few days ago. a staple was in it. there are no vents that a staple good get to the circuit board while its screwed down so i guess that was a manufacturing defect now to see if theyll help

I'm in your head Registered Member CVStroker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by inteva6184
    no no that was my old hifonics brutus 1500. my opti 2000d was my amp untilit took a dump a few days ago. a staple was in it. there are no vents that a staple good get to the circuit board while its screwed down so i guess that was a manufacturing defect now to see if theyll help
    Lemme see if I get this. A paper/wood staple was inside the amp, stuck in the circuit board and it shorted something out? Company better fix it.
    Life: It's the ultimate sin; a game with no rules that you're expected to win

Resident Cynic Registered Member FordXplod93's Avatar
    Hehehe, very impressive. I've "let the smoke out" of many devices in my time, but none have ever physically caught fire. You can never have too much fun in car audio. ;)

~FordX
    Often imitated, never duplicated.

i emailed lanzar they have not responded. the lanzar opti 2000d was an amazing amp made my brutus look silly but im wondering could one of the reasons lanzar has such a bad rep besides their lower level stuff be because their customer service sucks?

Thread Information