Junior Member Registered Member

Question AUDI 1.8T chip help PLEASE!!

xxxXXXXXX
    XXX

hi,
    i m basically a girl who is clueless with cars.
    my boyfriend recently purchased an Audi A4, i think it's 1.8T with quattro and he wants to "chip" it. and i was thinking of getting him that for christmas but i m totally confused.
    i managed to browse around this forum and i looked at some car chips but i think he wanted one where u could just adjust settings with a laptop after installation. and i could not locate any.
    i was wondering if anyone knows what is the term for that kind of chips, and what would be a good choice for that car?
    if anyone could provide me with some advice or help, i would be truly grateful.
    thankyou

Senior Member Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Murielle
    xxxXXXXXX
    XXX

hi,
    i m basically a girl who is clueless with cars.
    my boyfriend recently purchased an Audi A4, i think it's 1.8T with quattro and he wants to "chip" it. and i was thinking of getting him that for christmas but i m totally confused.
    i managed to browse around this forum and i looked at some car chips but i think he wanted one where u could just adjust settings with a laptop after installation. and i could not locate any.
    i was wondering if anyone knows what is the term for that kind of chips, and what would be a good choice for that car?
    if anyone could provide me with some advice or help, i would be truly grateful.
    thankyou
    WOW!! thats something big your asking... hmm.. not to memory no.. i am aware of entire engine control computers.. not just the chip itself that can be reprogrammed with a laptop or something.. but the chip itself (correct me if im wrong folks) that controls the fule mapping and changing the chip yes will change that.. but the chip isnt adjustable itself

so i guess i just made things alot more difficult for you now huh? sorry about that... maybe one of the resident VW/Audi experts could help you more then i can though

P.S. thats one SWEET XMAS gift he is getting!
    As I lay the rubber to the street,
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My engine breaths charged air in deep,
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And if the boost to spike too steep,

I pray the Lord my seals will keep

Thread Information