Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member Registered Member
    haha.damn you guys sure run your guys mouth on this thread..All we wanted to know was what songs threw out bass!

Member Registered Member
    i know, and i told you lil jon. THen hess went off and said lil jon is just like dr dre, they werent rappers just producers.

Practical Audio Guru Site Moderator CT!!'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CVStroker
    Ok, I'm gonna ask this nicely one more time.

CAN WE PLEASE LET THIS THREAD DIE . . . . . NO ONE WILL WIN!!!!!!!!

I ask that, if this bickering in this thread continues, CT, Ford, Slanter, someone, please remove it. It's getting really annoying how these people are arguing acting like little kids over something as petty as who is a producer, and who is a rapper. I'm sorry I ever participated in this thread, I truely am, please let it stop.
    I would have stepped in if it got ugly. ;)

As of right now, a few of you are arguing about a pretty worthless topic to be arguing about with the passion of a teenager that really has nothing else to argue about. Haha. But it hasn't gotten ugly...each side of the arguement simply believes what they are trying to convey and the other side doesn't. Thats fine by me. No one has turned it into name calling (other then the wise ass crack.) You want the *****ing to stop? Stop *****ing. You reply to Hess, Hess replies to you. Vice versa. Just drop it.

Feeling kinda bad for Basskrazy when all he wanted were a few opinions on some good bass tunes and some of you turned it into who is or isn't a rap producer.
    You are NOT your audio logo. It's a means to an end, people!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Resident Cynic Registered Member FordXplod93's Avatar
    I hate to break it to you guys, but rap music doesn't throw out the strongest bass most of the time. Here are some tracks (most of which you probably haven't heard) from my collection that perform the best:

Songs by Shpongle
    -Divine Moments of Truth
    -Room 23
    -Hicksville
    -A New Way to Say Hooray

Songs by Tool
    -Stinkfist
    -Third Eye
    -Disposition/Reflection/Triad

Songs by Afro Celt Sound System
    -North/North 2
    -Colossus
    -Life Begin Again

-Most anything by Blue Man Group...they use some of the biggest, deepest natural drums I've ever felt.

-The Hallucinogen Remix of "Lunar Juice", by Slinky Wizard

-Most anything by Astral Projection, but I especially like "Ambient Galaxy", "Nexus", and "Infinity Justice"

-All of Hybrid's tracks, especially live sets and remixes.

~FordX
    Often imitated, never duplicated.

CAR REVIEW ADMlN Registered Member Easy E's Avatar
    Movie sound tracks got some of hte lowest bass, fifth element I know hits 15hz but I probally said that already its track 2. Also Let see yes Blue Man Group has a killer beat nice and natural, need a real good sub to actually hear it right. Oh Wait I own a good sub muwahha anyway. But check out some quality bass there is some out there, I prefer quality over quanity usually. A nice clean beat is much better then one muddy beat or just a a continous beat... U will be surprised how many recordings out there really arent recorded that well.
    Thats my 2 cents.

Resident Cynic Registered Member FordXplod93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy E
    Movie sound tracks got some of hte lowest bass, fifth element I know hits 15hz but I probally said that already its track 2. Also Let see yes Blue Man Group has a killer beat nice and natural, need a real good sub to actually hear it right. Oh Wait I own a good sub muwahha anyway. But check out some quality bass there is some out there, I prefer quality over quanity usually. A nice clean beat is much better then one muddy beat or just a a continous beat... U will be surprised how many recordings out there really arent recorded that well.
    And if you've seen Blue Man Group live (like I have 5 times), you know exactly what you're missing if your sub doesn't hit well. ;)

~FordX
    Often imitated, never duplicated.

Junior Member Registered Member

bass song list by lopvin

head off over to my website for bass songs
    http://www.lopvin.tk
    and click on the bass songs tab, and scroll down the list for the best bass songs ive got in my collection. (over 3 years worth of collecting the best bass songs i could find)

Member Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lopvin
    head off over to my website for bass songs
    and click on the bass songs tab, and scroll down the list for the best bass songs ive got in my collection. (over 3 years worth of collecting the best bass songs i could find)
    Somehow your site is not working....Maybe its just my computer..Do you have a alternate link??

Senior Member Registered Member
    Wait, wasn't the point of having a system in a car in the first place to listen to music, not over-powering basslines and cheesy lyrics? I'll admit, I may not listen what can be deemed the most pleasing music, but at least it's more than electronic bass beats and samples of songs from the past.

I'm betting you haven't heard 90% of those songs I listed off the first time, so you can't say they don't have good bass either.
    You know, it's funny you say that. I've known a few people who were into hard rock and heavy metal. Then they got into car audio, and suddenly, all they listen to is rap.

The sad fact is, crappy music often has the strongest bass lines. The challenge is finding good music that also has crazy bass...

Resident Flamer Registered Member -dh-'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mike patton
    You know, it's funny you say that. I've known a few people who were into hard rock and heavy metal. Then they got into car audio, and suddenly, all they listen to is rap.

The sad fact is, crappy music often has the strongest bass lines. The challenge is finding good music that also has crazy bass...

I will never turn to the dark side. Rap sucks and I will never listen to it. And even since I've gotten my system, I love listening to anytype of Death,Black,Speed or Chaos/Thrash Metal, cause it sounds so much better.

There is more to music than bass lines.
    Life's a heavy price to pay, but when you're dead, there's no complaining.

Senior Player Registered Member dizzle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by -dh-
    I will never turn to the dark side. Rap sucks and I will never listen to it. And even since I've gotten my system, I love listening to anytype of Death,Black,Speed or Chaos/Thrash Metal, cause it sounds so much better.

There is more to music than bass lines.
    dark side?? are u serious?
    i KNOW u didnt say rap sucks and you will never listen to it...the real reason is that you would probably never get respect from your group of friends...expand your horizons you ignorant fool. you think you like your music cause it 'sounds' better??? sure bud. sure.
    before you take any shots back, im not trashing your music, i listen to it all...but when i hear people like you trashing rap?? i just gotta say something

alternate url

well
    and just go to bass songs
    or go to www.lopvin.netfirms.com
    and same thing, click the bass songs tab and scroll down the list.. i update it every once in a while aswell, when find something new and good.
    a few of my favs are
    Chemical Brothers - Music Response
    Mystikal - Oochie Pop
    Ying Yang Twins - Say I Yi Yi

theres like about a hundred more at my site (which is dedicated to bass!!)
    email me at irvine_@hotmail.com if you wanna get some things posted on my site, id be glad to chuck them up (or if you've got links to a audio website il be glad to put put on my site)

Quote Originally Posted by dizzle
    i KNOW u didnt say rap sucks and you will never listen to it...the real reason is that you would probably never get respect from your group of friends...expand your horizons you ignorant fool. you think you like your music cause it 'sounds' better??? sure bud. sure.
    before you take any shots back, im not trashing your music, i listen to it all...but when i hear people like you trashing rap?? i just gotta say something
    Umm, that's exactly what he said. And I'm sure he meant it. And listening to rap is hardly what I'd call "expanding your horizons". And as for not getting respect from his friends...I'd say that rap is a far more socially accepted form of music, and gets you a lot more respect than metal. In fact, I was teased and bullied in high school for listening to metal. It would have been easier to buy some baggy clothes and be like all the cool kids. But I hated most of that music, and still do. I can't identify with it at all. It sounds fake to me.

I'm not saying "rap sucks". I just don't like it. I see why his post pissed you off, though...

Quote Originally Posted by dizzle
    ahahahahahahah!

i KNOW i did say rap sucks and I will never listen to it. duh...If I said it, don't you think I meant it?

Respect from friends? hahaha...My friends are too good to judge me on my musical styles. Besides, they all listen to other stuff too, like oldies, and 80's rock and stuff. But no rap.

Expand my horizons? ha, I probably listen to more types of music than you do. So who needs to expand their horizons now?

oh I know my music sounds better. hey, at least they play their own instruments.
    And I don't care if you trash my music or not, I could care less. Superior music makes people jealous, I understand.

Btw...im not trashing rap. I would never do that. Trash bags deserve more respect. I'll just throw it in the ditch or somthing.

Umm, that's exactly what he said. And I'm sure he meant it. And listening to rap is hardly what I'd call "expanding your horizons". And as for not getting respect from his friends...I'd say that rap is a far more socially accepted form of music, and gets you a lot more respect than metal. In fact, I was teased and bullied in high school for listening to metal. It would have been easier to buy some baggy clothes and be like all the cool kids. But I hated most of that music, and still do. I can't identify with it at all. It sounds fake to me.

I'm not saying "rap sucks". I just don't like it. I see why his post pissed you off, though...
    You got bullied for listening to metal?? That sucks big time. I respect you man. \m/ rock on.

Quote Originally Posted by -dh-
    You got bullied for listening to metal?? That sucks big time. I respect you man. \m/ rock on.
    Not as bad as some, but it did happen. Heavy music was not considered cool at my school, and thus my friends and I became targets. "Dirty skids", they would say of us. Not a lot of respect, that's for sure. And I didn't even have long hair...

bayce

just a few more to tide you over.

Obie Trice - Lady (hits very hard + solid)

Ying Yang Twins - Say I Yi Yi (pretty punchy stuff)
    Sublime - Caress me Down (if you like your bass to hold the whole way through the song.. although its not very low.. im guessing about 35-40 hz)
    Static-x and Dead Prez - Hip Hop (dunno if this has been said but it hits hard.. once again bass isnt very low.. only bout 40hz)
    Twista feat. Kanye West - Celebrity Overnight (one of the hardest hitting songs ive got. not even worth playing unless you got a sub)

my girlfriend chips in with
    ultrabeat - pretty green eyes
    lol thanks darl

Not as bad as some, but it did happen. Heavy music was not considered cool at my school, and thus my friends and I became targets. "Dirty skids", they would say of us. Not a lot of respect, that's for sure. And I didn't even have long hair...
    Crap man, thats terrible. I only get weird looks and the occasional "Turn that crap off" To which, I only turn it up louder

Mad props to you for not backin down.

Song that throw out crazy bass

"Everything Must Perish" by Frontline Assembly. And, if I haven't said it already, my personal favorite, "Hagia Sophia" by Secret Chiefs 3. Also gotta love "Dedication" by Beastie Boys...

the threat by jay-z

**update**

Take It - Cassidy
    Round here - Memphis Bleek (hits hard)
    Last edited by lopvin; 07-10-2004 at 00:31.
    Website devoted to bass:
    (website link removed due to lack of hits)

Talking

Your songs were awesome!!! No really...Daz Dillinger - My System

Quote Originally Posted by creeme filled
    Your songs were awesome!!! No really...Daz Dillinger - My System
    my system = good song

hard pounding bass song by my fav rapper, Jay-z
    Jay-z - Hey Papi

for the reggae feel
    Sublime - Dont Push
    Sublime - What I got
    sublimes songs dont hit so hard but theyre good songs in theyre own right

Dj Quick - Bomb Bud 2
    pounds hard as ufk
    Website devoted to bass:

I'm in your head Registered Member CVStroker's Avatar
    KILLer bass, try 1812 Overature, the cannon shots in that song have killed more subs than you could imagine.
    Life: It's the ultimate sin; a game with no rules that you're expected to win

KILLer bass, try 1812 Overature, the cannon shots in that song have killed more subs than you could imagine.
    nuh uh. my sub dont go lower than 30
    Website devoted to bass:

before i sayd 'Say I Yi Yi' was good, get the remix cos the bass lines are the same but the lyrics r better. (but i guess thta depends on your download limit, but hopefully you'll have broad band and an unlim DL)

Slipknot - Wait and Bleed seems to go very low

Also 50 cent - In Da Club is really good but only if played reallllllly loud.. ive heard it at moderate levels and its not good.. heard it from a car going past and it was massively loud and i decided to re download it.
    DMX - Get it on the floor.
    The song Fever by Kylie Minogue has good bass for a pop song.. as does Stuck by Stacie Orrico (your lil sis will go 'wtf is he listening to my music for?!')

Aaliyah feat. Timberland - We Need a Resolution that hits quite hard.
    Brooklyn Bounce - Dreamdance
    Chingy - One Call Away
    - Gettin' It
    Disturbed - Stupify techno remix (its not really techno but hits low)
    also Korn feat. NIN - Freak on a Leash techno remix (not really a techno remix but hits very hard)
    Gia - Skitz Airplay Mix (this is the aussie release and the only good one.. any other version is old and nothing spectacular)
    Jay-z - Lucifer (doesnt hit too low but good if u dont got a sub but got speakers that go reasonably low)
    Korn - Did my Time (good song in its own right)
    Nick Skitz - SM12 Megamix (compilation of various songs with mas thumping bass beat)Rkelly & young bloodz - Thoia Thoing Remix
    Young Bloodz - Lean Low

plenty more were those came from!
    Website devoted to bass:

Thread Information