Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member Registered Member
    Why even try to make a rediculous comparison of lil jon and kid rock. Nobody will ever win. Lil jon is great at what he does, and yes, he is the hottest producer out there right now. THe original topic was about bass and nobody is more consistant on rediculous bass than lil jon. That's why i said buy his whole cd, you will get a whole cd full of bass. Just not one or two songs. WHo cares about comparing lil jon and kid rock, really?

Practical Audio Guru Site Moderator CT!!'s Avatar
    I know its not Rap, but I wish Korn would make a mix album (ala Linkin Park's Reanimation) that did more with thier electronica selections then their heavier stuff. I mean, its all good, but Davis's voice mixed in with those heavy bass samples is pretty damn cool. There are a few songs on the untouchables that are really bass heavy, but then they start pounding away on the guitars, etc. Gets harsh.
    You are NOT your audio logo. It's a means to an end, people!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Junior Member Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CT!!
    Speaking of Salt Shaker....what the hell does "Skeet so much, they call her Billy Ocean" mean? I understand Skeet, but why reference Ocean?! WTF!
    billy ocean?! haHA! u guys r as old as me if u know who that is! lol.

anyone listen to classical? i think the 1812 or william tell overature is supposed to have some very deep canon fire from kettle drums in the orchestra. isnt the pipe organ supposed to be the only instrument capable of hitting notes below 20hz even 10hz? not sure if car subs will even be able to play that. i dare u all to tool around town blaring some pipe organ music! u'll become very popular.
    some drum and bass that i used to listen to really played around with deep bass, jmj richie and goldie were some good artists.

for rap music, i miss the days of chuckD and public enemy. i dont think anyone's voice has come close to matching his for flow and power. and for producers, no one comes close to the magic of Puff Daddy or Pdiddy!!! he raps as good as he looks.... awful! i think he shuld change his name to Piss Daddy.

I remember who Billy Ocean is...thats why the reference is so obscure...I don't get the relavance. I don't think many folks want to drive around, booming out classical or pipe organs....if its just for the bass, then any 808 style bass CD would be fine.

I hear ya on PDiddy....I hate his "lyrical skills", but I love the songs he mixes to. The latest on the "I don't wanna know" (which has some hard hitting bass notes in the upper 60-80hz range). Great song till he comes in swinging with such tidbits as "I gave you extra cheese, put you in a SUV" or some **** like that. Hahaha.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member Registered Member

Talking

Alright, you guys gave some disgusting songs for rap. I downloaded some, waste of time. If you want to bump.... you listen to these songs. My family can hear my coming down the block with these...I get yelled at by my neighbors..cops called on me.
    YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED WITH THESE SONGS!

Birdman-What Happened to that Boy
    Big Tymers- Still fly
    Big Tymers-Do that
    C-Murder-Down for my N*ggaz
    David Banner-Get down (like A pimp)
    Jay-Z= Big Pimpin and Dirt off your shoulder
    Juvenile-Back that ass up & In My Life
    Lil jon- Throw it up ---highly recommend

Master P- Them Jeans & Hoody Hoo & Goodside Badside ACT A FOOL
    Nelly- Air Force Ones
    Petey Pablo- Freak A leak
    T.I.- Rubberband Man
    Ying Yang Twinz- Salt Shaker &Georgia Dome & By Myself

Quote Originally Posted by jadedstar499
    My family can hear my coming down the block with these...I get yelled at by my neighbors..cops called on me.
    Not a big fan of my neighbors yelling at me or cops being called. I guess those songs are not for me. Haha.

I'm in your head Registered Member CVStroker's Avatar
    Alright, you guys gave some disgusting songs for rap. I downloaded some, waste of time. If you want to bump.... you listen to these songs. My family can hear my coming down the block with these...I get yelled at by my neighbors..cops called on me.

Big Tymers- Still fly
    Big Tymers-Do that

Nelly- Air Force Ones
    T.I.- Rubberband Man
    Wait, wasn't the point of having a system in a car in the first place to listen to music, not over-powering basslines and cheesy lyrics? I'll admit, I may not listen what can be deemed the most pleasing music, but at least it's more than electronic bass beats and samples of songs from the past.

I'm betting you haven't heard 90% of those songs I listed off the first time, so you can't say they don't have good bass either.
    Life: It's the ultimate sin; a game with no rules that you're expected to win

Member Registered Member

Big Tymers- Still fly
    Big Tymers-Do that

Nelly- Air Force Ones
    T.I.- Rubberband Man
    Like i said, buy the whole lil jon cd. You will get more bass out of that than any other song combo.

Member Registered Member

Cool Boom Boom

Yea, get the lil Jon Cd if ALL you want to hear is "YEAAA" "OOKKK!" "WHHAATT?" That gets annoying after 3 songs. And CV- these guys wanted to know extreme bass songs, if they wanted GOOD music, I would offer, "Black Dog" by Zeppelin, some Pink Floyd, VAN HALEN, AC/DC, JIMI HENDRIX. All of those Bands have great music and lyrics....but if you're rolling around town...or you want to show someone what your system can do.... you listen to "Air Force Ones" or "Throw it up"
    I listen from Frank Sinatra, to Slipknot to Master P.....when I want to hear my system, what kind of music am I going to choose?-Master P

Member Registered Member
    Yea, get the lil Jon Cd if ALL you want to hear is "YEAAA" "OOKKK!" "WHHAATT?" That gets annoying after 3 songs. And CV- these guys wanted to know extreme bass songs, if they wanted GOOD music, I would offer, "Black Dog" by Zeppelin, some Pink Floyd, VAN HALEN, AC/DC, JIMI HENDRIX. All of those Bands have great music and lyrics....but if you're rolling around town...or you want to show someone what your system can do.... you listen to "Air Force Ones" or "Throw it up"
    I listen from Frank Sinatra, to Slipknot to Master P.....when I want to hear my system, what kind of music am I going to choose?-Master P
    So let me get this striaght you dont like loud bass songs that have words like, "YEAAA" "OOKKK!" "WHHAATT?"

But you do like weak bass tracks (compared to lil jon) with words like, "UGGGGH" "HOODY HOO" "WOBBLE WOBBLE"

If you must listen to master p, get this.... of course it's not p's beat.
    master p FEATURING LIL JON - act a fool

Senior Member Registered Member
    Let me say it agian, Lil Jon is a Producer, not a rapper. He gets various little lines in songs, just like Dr. Dre ("hell yeah"). Lil Jon makes some good beats. IF you want songs that honestly pound beyond belief--try some Techno, lots of techno beats will rattle everything.

Head Bussa by Thrillville is what finally killed my kappa if you wannt check that song out.

Hess.

Member Registered Member
    Are you serious?

Ok so you are saying that on Dr. Dre's 3 albums all he has is one liners like "hell yeah"? You are also saying that lil jon never has verses on his albums??? You really have no idea about rap if that is what you are saying. Dr. Dre is one of the greatest rap producers yes, but he also has rapped on every single album. On Dre 2001 i believe that there was one song where he didnt have a verse, i believe it was "murders". If you are talking about other singles where the song is featuring him, then yes he mostly is just doing one-liners and he produced the track. Lil jon, yes is a producer but he does rap too, maybe can you distinguish his voice from the eastside boys but he is definitely in all of his albums with hooks and verses.

I think dre and lil jon would be offended if you called them just producers, b/c they didnt just jump in and produce, they got their start rapping and moved into it. Dr dre, will be just a producer after his last album drops later this year, "detox”.

Quote Originally Posted by DaCroosh
    Are you serious?

Ok so you are saying that on Dr. Dre's 3 albums all he has is one liners like "hell yeah"? You are also saying that lil jon never has verses on his albums??? You really have no idea about rap if that is what you are saying. Dr. Dre is one of the greatest rap producers yes, but he also has rapped on every single album. On Dre 2001 i believe that there was one song where he didnt have a verse, i believe it was "murders". If you are talking about other singles where the song is featuring him, then yes he mostly is just doing one-liners and he produced the track. Lil jon, yes is a producer but he does rap too, maybe can you distinguish his voice from the eastside boys but he is definitely in all of his albums with hooks and verses.

I think dre and lil jon would be offended if you called them just producers, b/c they didnt just jump in and produce, they got their start rapping and moved into it. Dr dre, will be just a producer after his last album drops later this year, "detox”.

Ok, now this is getting annoying. I know I started it with the Kid Rock vs. Lil Jon thing, but now I'm asking for it to stop, no-one will win. Lil Jon has a lot great bass beats, but so do a lot of other producers and artists. Some are auguably better, some worse, depends on who is listening to what. I prefer stuff like Kid Rock, Limp Bizkit, Powerman 5000 and Mudvayne, DaCroosh prefers Lil Jon and Dr. Dre, so be it. Can we stop now?

Member Registered Member
    I never said anything about perferring dr. dre. I was just proving a point.

Are you serious?

"Now all I get is hate mail all day sayin Dre fell off
    What cause I been in the lab wit a pen and a pad
    tryin to get this damn label off?
    I ain't havin that; this is the millenium of Aftermath
    It ain't gon' be nothin after that
    So give me one more platinum plaque
    and **** rap! You can have it back"
    -Forgot about Dre

That album was Dr. Dre's Last, which was released on November 16, 1999. since then, no albums, only producing--and by the verse in the song Forgot About Dre, he's done. He's a producer now, hasn't had an album in almost 5 years, he is not a rapper anymore. And on top of htat, he's only had 2 albums (the chronic-December 15, 1992, and the aforementioned 2001.) do your homework wise ass.

CAR REVIEW ADMlN Registered Member Easy E's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hessakia
    "Now all I get is hate mail all day sayin Dre fell off
    What cause I been in the lab wit a pen and a pad
    tryin to get this damn label off?
    I ain't havin that; this is the millenium of Aftermath
    It ain't gon' be nothin after that
    So give me one more platinum plaque
    and **** rap! You can have it back"
    -Forgot about Dre

That album was Dr. Dre's Last, which was released on November 16, 1999. since then, no albums, only producing--and by the verse in the song Forgot About Dre, he's done. He's a producer now, hasn't had an album in almost 5 years, he is not a rapper anymore. And on top of htat, he's only had 2 albums (the chronic-December 15, 1992, and the aforementioned 2001.) do your homework wise ass.
    Hey wise ass your missing an album he doesnt talk about it cause it wasnt real good, it was Aftermath made in 1995 or so. There is also alot of other albums of him search Amazon u will be a amazed.
    Thats my 2 cents.

Member Registered Member
    Dre 2001 is NOT dre's last album.

He has a new album dropping this year called "Detox". Make sure you know what you are talking about before you speak. I dont need to do homework, i know what im talking about.

If you still dont believe me, see for yourself.
    http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/148...4/dr_dre.jhtml

Been there done that, keep their heads ringing. THe rest of the album may not have been so hot, but those were damn big singles. I guess HESS forgot to study that, and im the wise ass.

Resident Flamer Registered Member -dh-'s Avatar
    All rap needs is a "c" infront of it...Rap sucks.

Flame on.

\m/ Metal owns all
    Life's a heavy price to pay, but when you're dead, there's no complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Easy E
    Hey wise ass your missing an album he doesnt talk about it cause it wasnt real good, it was Aftermath made in 1995 or so. There is also alot of other albums of him search Amazon u will be a amazed.
    Ahem, Dr. Dre Presents the aftermath.... producer--wasn't his album.

Dre 2001 is NOT dre's last album.

He has a new album dropping this year called "Detox". Make sure you know what you are talking about before you speak. I dont need to do homework, i know what im talking about.

If you still dont believe me, see for yourself.
    http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/148...4/dr_dre.jhtml

Been there done that, keep their heads ringing. THe rest of the album may not have been so hot, but those were damn big singles. I guess HESS forgot to study that, and im the wise ass.

and for you, i still stick by my statement, that the man has done nothing but produce for 5 years, you can't argue that. until he puts his new record out (detox), he'll still be a producer.

Hess

Member Registered Member
    Ahem, Dr. Dre Presents the aftermath.... producer--wasn't his album.

and for you, i still stick by my statement, that the man has done nothing but produce for 5 years, you can't argue that. until he puts his new record out (detox), he'll still be a producer.

Hess

Are you seriously going to say that was not his album? IF IT WASNT HIS WHO WAS IT??? I guess that's NOT him rapping on the WHOLE album. You must not have ever heard that album. Looks like you came to a dumb conclusion from the title of the album. If you would have heard of it or listened to it you would know better. I guess "Been there done that" and "keep their heads ringing" wasnt his songs or videos from that album. Like i said, make sure you know what you are talking about before you speak.

Dr. Dre hasnt been producer for just the past 5 years, or 10 years, try almost 20 years. He has always produced between albums, produced his own albums, and produced other peoples albums.

HESS just quit and go comment on some country or rock message threads, b/c u sure dont know what you are talking about in this thread.

Member Registered Member

icky

Ok, lil jon has soooooo many songs, he's half anf half. Sure he can make good beats....but uhh...they all sort of run in together, not all original. Dre- STRAIGHT OUT OF COMPTON, Great Rapper, AMAZING Producer.
    What does it matter anyway? Only post songs with lots of bass....not argue about how shitty lil Jon is.

Are you seriously going to say that was not his album? IF IT WASNT HIS WHO WAS IT??? I guess that's NOT him rapping on the WHOLE album. You must not have ever heard that album. Looks like you came to a dumb conclusion from the title of the album. If you would have heard of it or listened to it you would know better. I guess "Been there done that" and "keep their heads ringing" wasnt his songs or videos from that album. Like i said, make sure you know what you are talking about before you speak.

Dr. Dre hasnt been producer for just the past 5 years, or 10 years, try almost 20 years. He has always produced between albums, produced his own albums, and produced other peoples albums.

HESS just quit and go comment on some country or rock message threads, b/c u sure dont know what you are talking about in this thread.
    Song List
    1. Aftermath (The Intro) - Dr. Dre
    2. East Coast-West Coast Killas - Group Therapy
    3. Sh**tin' on the World - Mel-Man
    4. Blunt Time - RBX
    5. Been There, Done That - Dr. Dre
    6. Choices - Kim Summerson
    7. As the World Keeps Turning
    8. Got Me Open
    9. STR-8 Gone - King T
    10. Please - Maurice Wilcher
    11. Do 4 Love - Jheryl Lockhart
    12. Sexy Dance - RC
    13. No Second Chance - Whoz Who
    14. L.A.W. (Lyrical Assault Weapon)
    15. Nationowl
    16. Fame - RC

Only 1 dr dre song other than the intro. Keep their heads ringing was on the friday sound track.

and straight from http://www.aftermathmusic.com/
    COMPILATIONS
    2002 More 8Mile Soundtrack
    2002 8Mile Soundtrack
    2002 Shady / Aftermath Sampler
    2001 The Wash Soundtrack
    2001 The Marshall Mathers LP (Plus Bonus)
    2000 Maximum Eminem
    1997 The Firm - The Album
    1996 Dr. Dre Presents the Aftermath

Tisk tisk.
    Hess.

Member Registered Member
    Song List
    1. Aftermath (The Intro) - Dr. Dre
    2. East Coast-West Coast Killas - Group Therapy
    3. Sh**tin' on the World - Mel-Man
    4. Blunt Time - RBX
    5. Been There, Done That - Dr. Dre
    6. Choices - Kim Summerson
    7. As the World Keeps Turning
    8. Got Me Open
    9. STR-8 Gone - King T
    10. Please - Maurice Wilcher
    11. Do 4 Love - Jheryl Lockhart
    12. Sexy Dance - RC
    13. No Second Chance - Whoz Who
    14. L.A.W. (Lyrical Assault Weapon)
    15. Nationowl
    16. Fame - RC

Only 1 dr dre song other than the intro. Keep their heads ringing was on the friday sound track.

and straight from http://www.aftermathmusic.com/
    COMPILATIONS
    2002 More 8Mile Soundtrack
    2002 8Mile Soundtrack
    2002 Shady / Aftermath Sampler
    2001 The Wash Soundtrack
    2001 The Marshall Mathers LP (Plus Bonus)
    2000 Maximum Eminem
    1997 The Firm - The Album
    1996 Dr. Dre Presents the Aftermath

Tisk tisk.
    Hess.
    Hess, im done after this. Stoping going to websites and looking stuff up b/c you are getting it all twisted. Download the cd, go buy it listen to it. Dr. Dre is on almost every track, i have it. Yes the cd is featuring alot of other artists b/c dre was trying to find new talent for his new label. Dr. Dre IS the main rapper on the cd and is on it more than any other rapper. You saying dr. dre isnt a rapper is like saying mel gibson isnt an actor. Yes they both produce, but they made they're name from starting from the bottom.

Ok, I'm gonna ask this nicely one more time.

CAN WE PLEASE LET THIS THREAD DIE . . . . . NO ONE WILL WIN!!!!!!!!

I ask that, if this bickering in this thread continues, CT, Ford, Slanter, someone, please remove it. It's getting really annoying how these people are arguing acting like little kids over something as petty as who is a producer, and who is a rapper. I'm sorry I ever participated in this thread, I truely am, please let it stop.

Resident Flamer Registered Member -dh-'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CVStroker
    Ok, I'm gonna ask this nicely one more time.

CAN WE PLEASE LET THIS THREAD DIE . . . . . NO ONE WILL WIN!!!!!!!!

I ask that, if this bickering in this thread continues, CT, Ford, Slanter, someone, please remove it. It's getting really annoying how these people are arguing acting like little kids over something as petty as who is a producer, and who is a rapper. I'm sorry I ever participated in this thread, I truely am, please let it stop.
    Thank you.
    Life's a heavy price to pay, but when you're dead, there's no complaining.

Thread Information