Senior Member Registered Member

Few questions about high end subs

My roomate and i were discussing stereos and we have a few questions:

What are the best speakers out there?

What about the Adire Brahma's???? What can a 12" hit? How much power do you have to give it???

Any pictures of the brahmas in a box???

What other brands are compairable?

CAR REVIEW ADMlN Registered Member Easy E's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hessakia

What about the Adire Brahma's???? What can a 12" hit? How much power do you have to give it???

High End Subs, Adire Brahma, the RE XXX, the JL W7.

The 12 can hit some decent #s its no SPL sub though, works well in sealed and ported enclosures. The Brahma give it 500-1200 watts is fine.

The B15 Extreme is more of a SPL sub, but its not cheap.

The Partheon is a supersub, too bad its just a tad pricey ;).
    Thats my 2 cents.

I'm in your head Registered Member CVStroker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy E
    Tad pricey, haha, good one, can I nominate that for gross understatement of the year?
    Life: It's the ultimate sin; a game with no rules that you're expected to win

89supra-eXcelon Registered Member

Kenwood eXcelon

KFC-XW1300DVC 13" Subwoofer.... I got it from my local stereo shop.I am only pushing 800 rms through it and it sounds better than any two+ sub system I have heard.I can't handle the rattle of my brain when its cranked...everything in the car bounces.... it is in a ported box fireing down.... freaking unreal..... thought it was a fair price at $650

Resident Flamer Registered Member -dh-'s Avatar
    High End Subs, Adire Brahma, the RE XXX, the JL W7.

The 12 can hit some decent #s its no SPL sub though, works well in sealed and ported enclosures. The Brahma give it 500-1200 watts is fine.

The B15 Extreme is more of a SPL sub, but its not cheap.

How much is a B15 Extreme?

Parthenon...man I wanna see one in action. That thing is awesome.
    Life's a heavy price to pay, but when you're dead, there's no complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by 89supra
    KFC-XW1300DVC 13" Subwoofer.... I got it from my local stereo shop.I am only pushing 800 rms through it and it sounds better than any two+ sub system I have heard.I can't handle the rattle of my brain when its cranked...everything in the car bounces.... it is in a ported box fireing down.... freaking unreal..... thought it was a fair price at $650

Who makes that sub?

Somehow I got a feeling that the Brahma and XXX are both louder and better sounding subs for about $300 cheaper.

The B15 Extreme is about $700 last I knew. It's essentially a Brahma 15 with a tougher cone and a double layered brahma VC. Scottie Johnson burps 9 of them with 8000 watts each hitting numbers nearing 170 dB on the new TL mic, not an easy feat.

As far as I know, there have been no videos of the Parthenon in action. Adire is being secretive about that.

Quote Originally Posted by CVStroker
    Who makes that sub?

Somehow I got a feeling that the Brahma and XXX are both louder and better sounding subs for about $300 cheaper.

The B15 Extreme is about $700 last I knew. It's essentially a Brahma 15 with a tougher cone and a double layered brahma VC. Scottie Johnson burps 9 of them with 8000 watts each hitting numbers nearing 170 dB on the new TL mic, not an easy feat.

As far as I know, there have been no videos of the Parthenon in action. Adire is being secretive about that.
    That sub above is a kenwood sub.

$6,300 for the subs alone. Wow....
    He could have gotten a Parthenon for that much....

Quote Originally Posted by -dh-

Yeah, but the Parthenon was probably just an idea at the time he built his van. The Parthenon/Apocalypse has only been public knowledge since January. Besides, I got a feeling that the Parthenon isn't legal in the Super Street class.

Yeah, but the Parthenon was probably just an idea at the time he built his van. The Parthenon/Apocalypse has only been public knowledge since January. Besides, I got a feeling that the Parthenon isn't legal in the Super Street class.
    I'd be one ticked off mofo if I bought one of them and found out it wasn't legal in competitions. Although, it would still be worth it just to be able to say I own one, nonetheless be able to set off every car alarm within 200 ft while driving through town.

I'd be one ticked off mofo if I bought one of them and found out it wasn't legal in competitions. Although, it would still be worth it just to be able to say I own one, nonetheless be able to set off every car alarm within 200 ft while driving through town.
    That sub has more uses than just SPL comps. And it would be legal in the Extreme class I would assume.

The Parthenon can also be used in rich peoples home theaters. And a pair 48"x48" versions would be perfect for larger movie theaters that want to shake every seat with low bass.

They would also work well with clubs and auditoriums to add some punch to the bottom end.

That sub has more uses than just SPL comps. And it would be legal in the Extreme class I would assume.

The Parthenon can also be used in rich peoples home theaters. And a pair 48"x48" versions would be perfect for larger movie theaters that want to shake every seat with low bass.

They would also work well with clubs and auditoriums to add some punch to the bottom end.
    Umm the 48x48 isnt for small theatures thats for monster theatures haha. the 24x24 is for 100 person theatures or so.
    Thats my 2 cents.

-dh-

Umm the 48x48 isnt for small theatures thats for monster theatures haha. the 24x24 is for 100 person theatures or so.

And a pair 48"x48" versions would be perfect for larger movie theaters that want to shake every seat with low bass.
    You need to work on your reading skills buddy. I'm still half concious (had surgery this morning, sedative still hasn't completely worn off, and neither has the vicodin) and I caught that, so don't use the "I'm not feeling good tactic", it wont work.

You need to work on your reading skills buddy. I'm still half concious (had surgery this morning, sedative still hasn't completely worn off, and neither has the vicodin) and I caught that, so don't use the "I'm not feeling good tactic", it wont work.
    Son there is a difference between larger movie theatures and monster theatures. Basically think Imax thats a monster theature thats where a 48x48 partheon would well in. From what I remeber a single partheon works for 75-150 person theature which is pretty good. Dont know many theatures that are above 250 except like Imax and such. So let see 300-600 person theature thats monster for the 48x48.
    Thats my 2 cents.

Senior Member Registered Member
    Son there is a difference between larger movie theatures and monster theatures. Basically think Imax thats a monster theature thats where a 48x48 partheon would well in. From what I remeber a single partheon works for 75-150 person theature which is pretty good. Dont know many theatures that are above 250 except like Imax and such. So let see 300-600 person theature thats monster for the 48x48.

I worked in a movie theatre for over 5 years... and we had a couple screens above 250 seats, and they aren't that mosterous--out town has a population of about 10,000 ppl--you'd be suprised how many theatres seat over 250ppl.... anything less than that i would consider tiny.

Hess

I worked in a movie theatre for over 5 years... and we had a couple screens above 250 seats, and they aren't that mosterous--out town has a population of about 10,000 ppl--you'd be suprised how many theatres seat over 250ppl.... anything less than that i would consider tiny.

Hess
    Yea ok, well we in seattle area have lots of screens but nothing super big. Dont forget adding the third gap to make it 12" peak for excursion. Hmm 48x48 cone wit 12" peak excursion yummy.
    Thats my 2 cents.

By the way Scottie J is sponsored he doesnt pay $700 for subs. And yes it was just a idea back when he built his van, nothing in the design sage just that they can make a monster woofer thats all. So yea who knows what he will do for the next season maybe something new. Maybe Brahma Extreme MkII just something I been working on I mean ehh thinking about. Dont know if it will ever come out haha. Or what it will be called but there is something new coming out eventually...
    Thats my 2 cents.

Thread Information