Junior Member Registered Member

Mitsubishi Endeavor 2004 Engine problem

We believe we have a serious engine problem with our 2004 Endeavor related to a valve or a lifter. It has under 12,000 miles on it. The service personnel are giving us a hard time with the warranty and so far flushed the engine and changed the oil and said it is fixed. Has anyone encountered similar problems which might show up as a tapping sound in the engine or a rough idle?

Having a problem like that one

We bought a 2004 Endeavor with 15,000 miles on it. It was a demo. It ran great for a month and then one morning it did not start. We did however, hear the tick-tick noise the engine would make after the truck was turned off EVERYTIME, but we didn't think too much of it. The dealer mechanic said that it was the spark plugs and replaced the truck after four days. The day we drove it home and decided to get back into it to go somewhere it didn't start again....it started the next morning and we took it back to the mechanic. It is still there.

2004 Endeavor Engine Problem

Last night when I started my car, I heard an unusual sound under the hood and then the engine light came on. I only have 8,200 miles on my car. We bought it brand new with 15 miles on it.
    Has anyone gotten the problem fixed correctly? Was it covered under warranty? I know it should be, I just wondered since you mentioned you were having problems.

Problem resolved?

The Mitsubishi Dealer told us that, after two weeks of having the Endeavor, the cylinders in the engine were cut unevenly. That was the reason for the stalling of the engine. I waited for an engine for about a week more. It has been driving fine since then. However, now my CD player flashes ERROR O3 at least once a week when I try to remove a cd.

Thread Information