Thread: Help me Find

Junior Member Registered Member

Help me Find

Me and My father recently restored his old 1967 Chevelle per my request and our hardwork, and now that I have saved up enough cash (was gonna put it into the engine, but the last thing I need now is more gas guzzling) I've decided to Complete my system. All I'm running off of now is a Panasonic CD903U HU and 2 pioneer 3 way 6x9s. I've decided to move the 6x9s to rear dash and install a pair of pioneer 3 way 5.25" in the kickpanels. Is this a good idea? That unforunately is where my knowledge ends and yours comes in. I've got about $500 to spend, although I could spend up to $600 when I get paid.
    I've got a huuuuuge trunk, but I have this storage space under my rear dash directly behind the back seats on an uprise from the main trunk space, I guess it served as extra storage back in the day. Its about 14 1/2" Tall, 46" wide with a depth of about 15" I would like to use this but its not necessary as I don't really put much in my trunk. I was thinking along the lines of 2 10's or 2 12's if I can fit em. What I'm mainly looking for is quality over quantity, but I still want the ability to blast em when I'm in the mood. So what Type/brand/power of amp and subs could I get for what I'm willing to spend, and what would sound better? If you can provide a link to place with low prices or an ebay auctionor something It would be all the more cooler. Any Info is appreciated. I can supply pictures just incase you want a better idea of what I have to work with.

Sorry for the huge spiel I like to get as much info as possible in the first post.

Senior Member Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrOctogon
    Me and My father recently restored his old 1967 Chevelle per my request and our hardwork, and now that I have saved up enough cash (was gonna put it into the engine, but the last thing I need now is more gas guzzling) I've decided to Complete my system. All I'm running off of now is a Panasonic CD903U HU and 2 pioneer 3 way 6x9s. I've decided to move the 6x9s to rear dash and install a pair of pioneer 3 way 5.25" in the kickpanels. Is this a good idea? That unforunately is where my knowledge ends and yours comes in. I've got about $500 to spend, although I could spend up to $600 when I get paid.
    I've got a huuuuuge trunk, but I have this storage space under my rear dash directly behind the back seats on an uprise from the main trunk space, I guess it served as extra storage back in the day. Its about 14 1/2" Tall, 46" wide with a depth of about 15" I would like to use this but its not necessary as I don't really put much in my trunk. I was thinking along the lines of 2 10's or 2 12's if I can fit em. What I'm mainly looking for is quality over quantity, but I still want the ability to blast em when I'm in the mood. So what Type/brand/power of amp and subs could I get for what I'm willing to spend, and what would sound better? If you can provide a link to place with low prices or an ebay auctionor something It would be all the more cooler. Any Info is appreciated. I can supply pictures just incase you want a better idea of what I have to work with.

Sorry for the huge spiel I like to get as much info as possible in the first post.
    Well if your trunk is as big as you say...

Hifonics Brutus BX1000D - $240 on eBay shipped
    (2)15" Kicker Comp VRs - $240ish on eBay shipped

or...

JBL 600.1 - $220 on Sounddomain.com
    (2)Adire Audio Shivas - $300 on easy-audio.com

I think you would be satisfied with either setup, I'm sure some other people have some suggestions too. Just be sure not to buy some pos prefab box; spend time building one suited for your subs.
    Last edited by phrozen5100; 06-15-2004 at 21:22.

Senior Member Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phrozen5100
    Well if your trunk is as big as you say...

Hifonics Brutus BX1000D - $240 on eBay shipped
    (2)15" Kicker Comp VRs - $240ish on eBay shipped

or...

JBL 600.1 - $220 on Sounddomain.com
    (2)Adire Audio Shivas - $300 on easy-audio.com

I think you would be satisfied with either setup, I'm sure some other people have some suggestions too. Just be sure not to buy some pos prefab box and spend time building your own.
    Another bonus with the JBL amp and the Shivas is that if you buy from those places you'll get the full warranties which is always a plus.

Junior Member Registered Member
    Anyone else? New Ideas welcome, radical ones especially as making people get that look of awe on their face is amusing (Not too expensive radical, I'm not made of money here! but I am good with saws and things). I took some pictures of the space I'm working with because I was bored.
    Linked for hugeness, 56k beware.

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/8642/trunksubspace.jpg
    http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/233...ksubspace2.jpg

And heres a picture I took that makes me nauseous. Have fun!
    http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/8573/urgh.jpg

Thread Information