Member Registered Member HigHRollerZAudio's Avatar

rockford fosgates. (1)T215D2 or (2)15" HX2

ok my question is weither i should go with the the rockford fosgate 1.. 15" t2 which is 1000rms 2000max or 2 15" hx2 which are 600 rms a piece and 1200 max.... which setup will give me the most hit and spl... i have a jbl bp1200.1 amp to push the sub or subs,,, also i have a 63 impala i am putting it in.. also.. the t2 has a 304 oz magnet and the recommened enclosures is ported 2.75 tunes to 28 hz.. what does it meaned by tuned to 28 is that when my sub is going to hit the hardiest and loudest and best? also i am putting it in a 63 impala i have 4" 6x9 rockford fosgate 2 fast 2 furious limited edition in the back for rear feel. and a diamond audio hex 6.6 comp set up front power by a jbl 80.4 bridge pushing about 180 rms in to each speaker.. also i want to put some dyno xtreme in the trunck will 36 sq feet be enough to do the whole trunk.. i also have 2 pumps and 8 batterys in the back for the hydloics

I'm in your head Registered Member CVStroker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HigHRollerZAudio
    ok my question is weither i should go with the the rockford fosgate 1.. 15" t2 which is 1000rms 2000max or 2 15" hx2 which are 600 rms a piece and 1200 max.... which setup will give me the most hit and spl... i have a jbl bp1200.1 amp to push the sub or subs,,, also i have a 63 impala i am putting it in.. also.. the t2 has a 304 oz magnet and the recommened enclosures is ported 2.75 tunes to 28 hz.. what does it meaned by tuned to 28 is that when my sub is going to hit the hardiest and loudest and best? also i am putting it in a 63 impala i have 4" 6x9 rockford fosgate 2 fast 2 furious limited edition in the back for rear feel. and a diamond audio hex 6.6 comp set up front power by a jbl 80.4 bridge pushing about 180 rms in to each speaker.. also i want to put some dyno xtreme in the trunck will 36 sq feet be enough to do the whole trunk.. i also have 2 pumps and 8 batterys in the back for the hydloics

The 2 15s will be louder. The HX2s are known for being a hard hitting sub. Tune them to 28 hz.

The recommended enclosure and tuning is where the sub will have the best balance of SQ and SPL, it wont be the absolute best sounding enclosure for the box, and it wont be the loudest, it will be the best balance of the two.

Dynamat Xtreme is a very good deadener, but also expensive. Second Skin puts out a very competitive product for cheaper. The Damplifier Pro line is just as good, if not better, then the Dynamat Xtreme. I just bought myself 5 gallons of Spectrum liquid deadener, and when I get it in, I'll give you guys a review of it.
    http://www.secondskinaudio.com/specialpricing.html
    Life: It's the ultimate sin; a game with no rules that you're expected to win

Quote Originally Posted by CVStroker
    The 2 15s will be louder. The HX2s are known for being a hard hitting sub. Tune them to 28 hz.

The recommended enclosure and tuning is where the sub will have the best balance of SQ and SPL, it wont be the absolute best sounding enclosure for the box, and it wont be the loudest, it will be the best balance of the two.

Dynamat Xtreme is a very good deadener, but also expensive. Second Skin puts out a very competitive product for cheaper. The Damplifier Pro line is just as good, if not better, then the Dynamat Xtreme. I just bought myself 5 gallons of Spectrum liquid deadener, and when I get it in, I'll give you guys a review of it.
    http://www.secondskinaudio.com/specialpricing.html
    ok. so will my amplifier be enough power to power these subs really well???? it is the jbl bp 1200.1 ihave to 2 1 farad caps running all knu kunceptz wires and all street wires accerory.. also i have a epicenter and rockford fosgate 3 way crossover crossover..do you think this setup will pound?

ok. so will my amplifier be enough power to power these subs really well???? it is the jbl bp 1200.1 ihave to 2 1 farad caps running all knu kunceptz wires and all street wires accerory.. also i have a epicenter and rockford fosgate 3 way crossover crossover..do you think this setup will pound?
    It will work fine. That amp has plenty of power for those subs. Get rid of the caps though, they're useless. They just cover any problems you have, they don't fix them. And I don't think you'll need the crossover either, as, to the best of my knowledge, the amps have build in high-pass and low-pass crossovers.

As for pounding, who knows, thats to be determined by the individual, so if you think it pounds, then it pounds.

It will work fine. That amp has plenty of power for those subs. Get rid of the caps though, they're useless. They just cover any problems you have, they don't fix them. And I don't think you'll need the crossover either, as, to the best of my knowledge, the amps have build in high-pass and low-pass crossovers.

As for pounding, who knows, thats to be determined by the individual, so if you think it pounds, then it pounds.
    ok check this out i have notice that people don't do this so i might.. i have notice people have ported enclosures in the trunk and maybe have the 6x9's freeair style but if you notice when the bass for the subs hit the air and vibration push the back speaker almost to max excertion which damage the speaker because ther not made for this and is often why they blow them..so what if for my 4 6x9 in the back i go buy 4 of them 6x9 enclosures and mount them in them see like have the speaker put in the holes i cut out then from in the trunk i go in a mount the enclosures like that so each speaker will have it own self enclosures and the subs air and vibertion will not effect the performance of the rear speakers right.. do you think this is just a waste of time or will it help with the problem.......

ok check this out i have notice that people don't do this so i might.. i have notice people have ported enclosures in the trunk and maybe have the 6x9's freeair style but if you notice when the bass for the subs hit the air and vibration push the back speaker almost to max excertion which damage the speaker because ther not made for this and is often why they blow them..so what if for my 4 6x9 in the back i go buy 4 of them 6x9 enclosures and mount them in them see like have the speaker put in the holes i cut out then from in the trunk i go in a mount the enclosures like that so each speaker will have it own self enclosures and the subs air and vibertion will not effect the performance of the rear speakers right.. do you think this is just a waste of time or will it help with the problem.......

Waste of time IMO. Just take them out, you don't need them back there. If you have a strong enough front stage, you wont be hearing them anyway. If you're set on keeping them, then seal them off any way you can. I just took the side of a case of pop, and duct-taped it over the hole behind the 6x9. As soon as I get my midbasses in the car, however, the 6x9s are coming out.

Senior Member Registered Member
    sounds like your ready to pound roller, i second cv on the back speakers, take them out, they are only going to be competing with the 15's sound wise, and the overall sound is not going to sound as "clean". the bass is going to overwelm what ever the 6x9s put out. let the holes from the 6x9's act as "ports". it will bring more bang into the cabin. when your all done with everything put up some pics i wanna see how it all looks, im sure others will also have fun

ok here is another question do they make kick pods for a 63 impala? also with my amp i am running the jbl 80x4 what would be better a diamond audio hex series 6.5with 160 watts bridged to each one.. or go with 2 rockford fosgate 6x9 comp sets the one that have 2 tweeters to each speaker and that will be a total of 4 6x9. 2 in each door and 8 seperete tweetersin all.. which would sound better and be able to over power the 2 15" in the back

ok here is another question do they make kick pods for a 63 impala? also with my amp i am running the jbl 80x4 what would be better a diamond audio hex series 6.5with 160 watts bridged to each one.. or go with 2 rockford fosgate 6x9 comp sets the one that have 2 tweeters to each speaker and that will be a total of 4 6x9. 2 in each door and 8 seperete tweetersin all.. which would sound better and be able to over power the 2 15" in the back
    The DA Hex's will sound better, but the 6x9s will be louder. A lot of tweeters doesn't mean it's going to sound good, especially if it's a bunch of crappy tweeters like they use on 6x9s. If you like highs, look into some MB Quarts speakers.

The DA Hex's will sound better, but the 6x9s will be louder. A lot of tweeters doesn't mean it's going to sound good, especially if it's a bunch of crappy tweeters like they use on 6x9s. If you like highs, look into some MB Quarts speakers.
    ha waz up thankz for the help.. anyway do you know anything about the car show slammin and jamming ... anyway this year they had the dub city hummer h2 laid out on 24" and anyway this is the 12 year it was held here in lebanon anyway my friend just brought out his new ride.. i mean i know he has been working on it i have beening checking in on him and his is almost done with it... is a 04 cadillic est.. the suv truck.. he just painted this baby blue color. flakes.. and it is sitting on 28" he has 3 12 jl 12w3v2 and a directed 1100 watt amp... and this things pounds..his name is chad king.. he is still working on the interior but anyway he is going to put in a magizine.. he don't know which one yet but when he finds out i will let you know to check this thing out.. it is bad i will try to get him to post some pics for you but he don't want them to get out because he is not done with it but it was out the show this year which became international this year people from all over globe was here this year... anyway i was wondering would my 2 15 hit harder then his 3 12.... he has them in a ported enclosures abd tuned to 33hz..... and also i just put the boston acoustic pro series 6.5 in my girls honda civic and running them off the sony cd player and was wondering if the tweets are sopposed to play words?? because i had them prof.. put in and they are playing the words..... between the diamond audio and the mb quarts which is the better choice i would like to have very good loud vocals and good highs as well

Thread Information