The Nonconformist Registered Member KirK's Avatar

Nationwide Marijuana Legalization

Yes, you read the title correctly since this is considered a General Discussion ...

I AM in favor of the legalization of marijuana, and here's why ... TOO MUCH DAMN CAFFEINE CONSUMPTION!!! I spent the last decade in higher level academia; a long time indeed, but it was in lieu of my parents divorcing in the middle of my prerequisites.

One thing I will remark about caffeine is that it is okay in moderation, but these damn Academic Nazi's and otherwise Robots are consuming far too much. A common misconception with caffeine is it makes us think more clearly ... IT DOES NOT! While the drug makes us attain more energy for tasks, it merely exasperates an already disorderly cognition; a cognizance wrought with randomness in how our brain produces inferences as our neurological network responds to the world around us. Tesla once stated, "A brilliant mind is one which can think clearly and deeply; however, one can be quite mad and still think deeply". Borrowing some terminology from Thermodynamics, caffeine is an agent of neurological entropy; that is, it presents chaos to an already chaotic cognition. My point is, when I think of a drug that can restore some order and clear cognition to an already chaotic mind while still being a stimulant for comprehension of abstract knowledge, the first thing that comes to my mind is the Tetrahydrocannabinal that marijuana contains.

Perhaps, why our country is suffering from a shortage of mathematical scientists is in lieu of profound caffeine consumption and the cognitive disorder that it brings. I had a friend at UC Riverside that would get high and study for his MATH 010B exams (Calculus IV). In retrospect, that is probably a very legit way of preparing for comprehending the abstract nature of higher level mathematics. I seldom ever smoked marijuana before; my body just rejects smoke, but I would feel indifferent if I were to ever consume it. I see a lot of potential for it being a seasoning on some foods, and an ingredient in most others.

The tragedy is, when my folks divorced back in 2007, I was in the middle of my prerequisites, which included Calculus II and General Physics I. I wasn't much of a coffee drinker in my early 20's, but I have autism, which means that my cognizance is far from being orderly. The stress I put myself under at that time was very extreme, and I know, most notably the stress and damage to my dentition, that I was putting some major wear and tear on not only my mind but my body. To combat slight tremors that generally result from my medication, I engaged in bruxism (clenching of the teeth) to meticulously read, comprehend, and memorize entire sections from my Calculus and Physics textbooks. It would seem to me that the THC in marijuana is conducive in restoring some order in our mind. In other words, the tranquility that arises counteracts the neurological entropy. The obvious benefit to that, of course, is that it constitutes a metaphorical key to unlocking a mind that can more readily comprehend abstract information. If marijuana was legal and if I had it to do over again, I am sure I could have benefited from it during those turbulent times in my life.

Like I said before, there are some REAL dangers with too much caffeine consumption; aggressive drivers on the road for instance. This would be consistent with the fact that when our cognition becomes more chaotic, it becomes vulnerable to aggressive thought. I seem to recall a History of Mathematics professor I had some years ago at UC Riverside. The guy was so hyper it was to the point that his lecturing abilities became inarticulate to some degree. I swear, the guy probably injected himself with pure caffeine intravenously. If there is one thing I can't stand, it's the Caffeine Consuming Nazi's in Academia with the unrealistically high expectations they have of their students. Needless to say, at one time in their life, they were honor students in their high schools, so it goes without saying that caffeine would be appealing to them.

Take it for what it's worth; I have High Functioning Autistic Spectrum Disorder (formerly known as Asperger's Syndrome). Not to brag, but I am about to become an engineer and am as technically competent as they come having got A's in Calculus I, II, III, & IV and an A+ in Differential Equations. Trust me, I think the REAL issue is an over-reliance on caffeine. Marijuana, would then naturally be an antidote to this damn, perpetual cognitive disorder, this neurological entropy ...
    Last edited by KirK; 04-04-2014 at 17:24.
    Democracy is a Hypocrisy.

-Malcolm X

Just figured I would make a BS Post to usurp the Dj Grandpa Spam crap; so maybe this thread would spark interest.

-Malcolm X

God ... jackmelan and his stupid DJ Grandpa Spam crap ... Seriously ...

-Malcolm X

Thread Information