Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wanted - Brahma

CAR REVIEW ADMlN Registered Member Easy E's Avatar
    I haven't looked at the specs of the woofer, but if you tune the enclosure low enough and don't crazy amounts of power at it, you won't have a problem with it bottoming out. Check out this document on vented enclosures from Adire Audio on the Shiva.

https://www.polkaudio.com/forums/att...4&d=1131452352

This has some cool info on tuning the woofer down to 18hz. With a tuning that low you won't run into any bottoming out. But this will be different with the RE XX.

Download WinISD and play with it.

http://www.linearteam.dk/default.aspx?pageid=winisdpro

Great software. It hasn't been updated in 10 years but works great. You can put the input power and the enclosure you design and will tell you how much xmax there is at each frequency. You can use it to see if you in the range of bottoming out the woofer.

Here is some example of graphs you can get our of WinISD.

http://fluxaudiolabs.com/FAL%20B10-4...%20Example.pdf
    Thats my 2 cents.

The Nonconformist Registered Member KirK's Avatar
    Sweet! Thanks Easy E, you're the man!

Silly question, but are you an Electrical Engineer, Easy E? I was always curious about what you studied in Washington.
    Democracy is a Hypocrisy.

-Malcolm X

No I am not a electrical engineer. Too much math. I am a IT manager. I used to be programmer as well.
    Thats my 2 cents.

The Nonconformist Registered Member KirK's Avatar
    Ah ... I was actually a pure math major at UC Riverside for about a year. I studied for Calc, Dif Eq, and Linear Algebra so intensely that by the time I got to Set Theory and Advanced Linear Algebra I just got burnt out; I mostly attribute it to the quarter system. Before my admission, I was used to the pace of semesters. I'm no genius with Calc or Dif Eq, I just asked a lot of questions; that was my secret to success along with having a decent textbook I could read ... But thankfully, 4 years ago I enrolled in a CE program at a school back east and so I graduate this December with a BSE in Civil.

Easy E, do you know what has happened to Jared (CVStroker)? He's seemed to have disappeared; Nas and I are just curious. Does Jared do IT work as well?
    Democracy is a Hypocrisy.

-Malcolm X

I am friends with Jared (cvstroker) on Facebook but I haven't talked to him for a long time.
    Thats my 2 cents.

Thread Information