Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    The Nonconformist Registered Member KirK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KirK View Post
    The voltage from the AC mains is sinusoidal
    Ahh, what the hell; it merits explanation, LOL.

A few centuries ago, John Bernoulli stumbled upon a mysterious relation between an imaginary number and a complex logarithm after dispensing his partial fraction decomposition and subsequent integration. There’s no historical record of such, but chances are he may have wanted to determine some instantaneous quantity such as a displacement of a spring. I could never commit the exact timeframe to memory, but this discovery may be concurrent, in time, to Joules discovery of energy, adding to the list of possible instantaneous quantities Bernoulli may have been hunting. Subsequent mathematicians took the rectangular form from the complex logarithm’s argument and transformed it to a polar form. However, the relation wasn’t meaningful and no practical solution to the hypothetical application could be arrived at. Further exacerbating the relation is that a complex logarithm is not unique; it has infinitely many solutions as the function is coterminal like the sinusoids are. That is, its projection on the complex plane is the unit circle; take a ratio at an arbitrary angle, advance 360 degrees or 6.28 radians, you then end up with the same ratio. In complex space, a complex logarithm forms a gradually nondecreasing, monotonic helix.

Euler, intuitively hypothesized that perhaps the inverse relation would contrive a path to a meaningful set of solutions inasmuch as its power series is globally convergent. But being the formal man he was, he took the MacLaurin series of this inverse (2.713 or natural base e) and coupled it with a special case of De Moivre’s Theorem to generate the powers of the imaginary unit. From basic complex number definitions and limits, it can be shown that the cosine and sine argument is 0.5*3.14*n in this case where n is zero and the set of all positive integers, Z+. Subsequent expansion and associativity of the even and odd exponentials and factorials lead to what is known today as Euler’s Formula. The sine series reflects the fact that the function is odd whereas the cosine series reflects the fact that it’s an even function.

Armed with his formula, he tackled a second order differential equation that has complex conjugate solutions in the form of the aforementioned natural exponential function. Again, they aren’t meaningful because they’re complex. Euler realized he could transform the complex conjugates to real conjugates via his formula bearing in mind that each real solution constitutes half of the full solution and that each linear combination formed by the system of Euler equations (using one negative argument and one positive argument for the cosine and sine) constitutes a new solution because of the preservation of the conjugates. One solution will be intrinsically real while the other will be intrinsically imaginary, but when the math is done they both turn out real in the end based on the properties of the imaginary unit. The fact that the sines have amplitudes is a consequence of the Wronskian determinant of the solutions. For the solutions to be linearly independent, the Wronskian determinant must be nonzero. By inspection, the determinant of solutions forms the sine Pythagorean identity, which is, indeed, nonzero.

One interesting thing to note is he first applied this to a table leg he treated as a slender column. The deflection at buckling is a sinusoid and he proceeded to derive yet another formula … Euler’s Buckling Load Formula for columns. The applications of all of the aforementioned development are abundant: vibrations, wave mechanics, alternating current, probabilistic quantum mechanics … United States speed patterns in traffic, LMAO. I remember a Project Management course I took my senior year. Just about everybody fell asleep in the class whereas I would keep myself awake by deriving theorems like Euler’s Formula, 1st and 2nd FTC, the dif MVT, the integral MVT, trig identities, etc. LOL, kept me awake.
    Last edited by KirK; 11-12-2015 at 13:23.
    Democracy is a Hypocrisy.

-Malcolm X

Further exacerbating the relation is that a complex logarithm is not unique; it has infinitely many solutions as the function is coterminal like the sinusoids are. That is, its projection on the complex plane is the unit circle; take a ratio at an arbitrary angle, advance 360 degrees or 6.28 radians, you then end up with the same ratio. In complex space, a complex logarithm forms a gradually nondecreasing, monotonic helix.
    Well, I guess I get an E for Effort, right Nas, LOL? I was in Differential Equations when I read some online journals and articles about complex logarithms; that was WAY back, in 2009. Needless to say, I had forgot some things about complex logs. We didn't have to study them for dif eq, but I read those articles out of my own curiosity. I read up on it about a day ago. To set things straight, I believe the complex natural exponential is the one that's coterminal. So it's not invertible, making a complex log defined only over a restrictive domain or piece, sorta like how the inverse sines are defined. To resolve some of the invertibility issues, one could puncture the complex plane forming a Riemann surface that looks helical. I guess somehow, years later, in my mind I remembered the surface as a helix. Jeez, I'm 31 and I am already having Senior Moments. Damn, I guess that's what STEM does to some people like me on the spectrum. After I study and pass my PE exam, I'd like to pick up where I left off with math. But, I'd rather be self taught; my mind can't process advanced math fast enough for most curriculum's.

Blahh, anyway putting the math off to the side now. I picked up all the components for the 240VAC circuit today; 8/2 wire (50 ft), 30A breaker, and an enclosure for the breaker. The 240VAC surge protector was a little bit more expensive than I thought so I'll pick that up in mid December. I would like to have everything functional by the end of next week. I still have to pick up the Klipsh floor standers sometime soon, possibly by January. My goal is to use the power supply/car audio with movies and music, on occasion, and to have an SVS PB13 Ultra for television. That way I can keep my kilowatt hours in check so I wouldn't have to be using the PSU 6+ hours a day. I'd just alternate between car and home audio between my RCA jacks and Y adapters.

Anyway, sometime in the next couple days I'll post the components for my 240VAC circuit.
    Last edited by KirK; 11-25-2015 at 20:05.

-Malcolm X

Fruition!!!

I had forgot to post the breaker and the 8/2 this past week; I have to do a lot of reading for my orientation.

Anyway, I couldn't be happier with my TDK GEN 15-220. We did a test run yesterday, and it works wonderfully. Admittedly, there was some kinks in the process. I had attached the ground to the power supply's grounding post, but had forgot to attach the other end to the ground signal post on the HK 3770 leading to ground loop noise at the output. The instructions weren't clear on how to enable Constant Voltage, so I had to play around with the settings on the front panel for about 5 minutes. The cool thing is I can actually lock the front panel preventing accidental erroneous adjustment. So anyway, it occurred to me after I had set the voltage to 14.50V that my only means of taking it out of Constant Current is to adjust the current encoder. I did, and Vwahla, the CV LED illuminated, but I had haphazardly set the current limit to 6A in the process. That means once the demand is greater than 6A, it goes back into Constant Current and my voltage drops. So, I then set the current limit to 100A presuming, of course, JL Audio is right on current demand @14.3V, which is roughly what my VDC drops to through my power and ground lines; I wanted them somewhat on the long side so I could space things out a little. However, I could see myself chopping some of the lines in the future since my amplifier rack will be directly above the power supply's enclosure. That's another thing, we will start to build an enclosure for the supply and an amp rack in the next couple weeks. I'd like for my dad and I to take our flat screen out of the backroom and put it in our main living area. So, he'll be working on a swivel stand for it in the next few weeks also. We have an archaic Sony tube that just came with the RV; it's in an enclosure and weighs a ton. Naturally, all the RCA A/V outputs are in the back ... LOL, PITA...

I'll post some images either tonight or tomorrow of the system working. I have a pic of the TDK working with meters illuminated and I do have a pic of the REA XX 12 excursion. It's not major excursion since I still have to line drive the HK 3770's subwoofer pre-amp output voltage. Hey, I guess that's what I got the AudioControl for; somehow I knew I would need that. Perhaps I have ESP?

Can't really guarantee I'll post substantial videos in the next couple years because I'll be studying for my Professional Engineering Exam, Seismic Exam, and Surveying Exam. The norm in my state is to take the PE two years into the profession so I guess I'll have to uphold that. I'll see if I can post the occasional Dropbox vid link and what all I could possibly do with YouTube, but things will most likely be sparse as I can't afford to be preoccupied with it right now.

L8er .
    Last edited by KirK; 12-06-2015 at 12:38.

-Malcolm X

Here's the images.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

-Malcolm X

3.14*100 - e^(3.14*i) POSTS!!!

-Malcolm X

Pix!!!

For your viewing pleasure, Nas Man.

I know, at least, I can count on you to view the pix, LOL.

Detailed explanation, coming this weekend, of what all I did between my previous post and now.

-Malcolm X

Explanation

Okay, so we're about to finish the electronics enclosure for the PS, the stereo receiver, and the amplifier. Might even have the thing all done tomorrow. We put an elaborate series of holes on the front and back panels so the electronics can breathe.

Right now, the 1200/1v3 is being fed by the TDK GEN 15-220. To my relief, it works wonderfully. I'm using my DirectTV modem's right channel audio RCA output with my Y adapter to split the signal going into my AudioControl line driver. The line driver does quite a nice job, actually, of raising the preamplifier output voltage floor going to the 1200/1v3. Home audio has high impedance/low voltage preamps while car audio has low impedance/high voltage preamps, so I'm glad I got the line driver early on. I've noticed the REA XX 12 v2 D4's surround is a little on the stiff-side right now. This is actually the first time I'm breaking in a subwoofer at home; I guess I had never noticed the fine resonance the new NBR surrounds' add in lieu of the road noise in my car. Can't wait until it's fully broken-in. Although, I still stand by what I said in my Early Summer Project thread. No need to do low power for a bogus period of time as long as one isn't clipping the output. Also, I decided against kerfing a 5 inch port and went ahead and bought a 3 inch ID Precision Sound Aero from Parts Express. In all honesty, I find it hard to take those suggested rules for port area too seriously. Seriously, if one literally follows those rules for an aeroport's area, they're pretty much stuck with tuning in the 30s or 40s or, otherwise, have the port sticking outside of the enclosure. 6 squares for every one cube just seems very obsessive compulsive (OC) even to me, and I have autism, LOL.

I really don't even see the need to buy a SVS PB13 Ultra anymore. With my power supply's potential having a ceiling up to 15VDC, my amp always receives a healthy input voltage. Even with 10ADC transients, our RV starts sounding like a concert hall, LOL. That translates to approximately 1AAC draw on the line side. That said, I don't understand why so many guys have an objection to AC/DC conversion. Hmmm, I suppose its important for them to have their trivial opinions because they can't escape the fact that they're henpecked. Their little head does the thinking for their big head. "The wife wants me to get rid of this", "The wife doesn't approve of my hobbies", "Have to sell the system for room for strollers; got kiddos coming". Sh*t, I mean come on, if I had a nickel for every time I hear that nonsense, I'd be a damn millionaire by now. Why is it beyond a person's capacity anymore to just keep it in their pants? But, then again, I have autism, I suppose I can't empathize with neurotypicals, right? LOL
    Last edited by KirK; 12-25-2015 at 23:35.

-Malcolm X

Oh Hells Yeah Ted!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/the-unabo...201549030.html

“I know so little about Facebook. But my initial reaction is strongly negative because the little that I do know suggests that Facebook is mainly a place where adolescents (of any age) post narcissistic self-advertisements in an attempt to make friends via the Internet.” -Ted Kaczynski

ROTFFL, Amen Ted. Adolescents and neurotypical adults alike who attribute not the faintest bit of independent thought and originality and absentmindedly follow around the shepard. People that think nothing of putting a metaphorical price tag on their dignity while cyber-prostituting themselves and their personal life. But, then again, what's 'dignity' if one gender can use their body as an instrument of manipulation?

Anyway, interesting article. I wouldn't be surprised if Ted is on the spectrum; brilliant minds think alike.
    Last edited by KirK; 01-28-2016 at 17:38.

-Malcolm X

Einstein's Gravitational Waves

http://news.yahoo.com/einsteins-grav...DBHNlYwNzcg--#

They saw the sine; it opened up their mind. They saw the sine, LOL.

-Malcolm X

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oiidrhqt4c...0IMAX.AVI?dl=0

^^^That's a link to my system playing Official Bass Tester for Subwoofers from Ear Software. In hindsight, I should have turned off the air conditioning during the recording, but I couldn't justify it since it's been 80 plus degrees here. Like I said before, videos will be sparse and reading that article about Ted made me realize just how much of a waste of time social media is. It perplexes certain people on the spectrum, like myself, that constantly engaging in something as meaningless as staring at a monitor ever became 'a thing'. Some moron about 20 miles west of me walked off a cliff because he was absentmindedly staring at his smartphone and not paying any attention to where he was going. All the more reason for me to not even bother socializing with anybody from my generation...

I'll post some new pix either today or the next couple days.

-Malcolm X

https://www.yahoo.com/news/the-unabo...201549030.html

Adolescents and neurotypical adults alike who attribute not the faintest bit of independent thought and originality and absentmindedly follow around the shepherd.
    Don't count on an atheist to spell 'shepherd' right, LOL.

-Malcolm X

Here's some pix of what I've called my Car Audio IMAX.

-Malcolm X

Phantom Wedge Under Construction

It may very well be a WAG (Wild Ass Guess), but I've designed the Phantom Wedge and it's currently under construction. The 'Compound' in WinISD is actually some Isobaric setting I've come to find out, so this alignment won't have much in the way of peak output. The alignment will have good low frequency extension, however, and that's more along the lines of my objective. The enclosure will be 8.3 cubes net. Also, I've grown tired of incorporating slot ports into my design; they have always been a major pain in the a$$ for my dad and I. The glue we've used in the past is the All Purpose Gorilla Glue; the problem is the stuff develops a plethora of air pockets as its curing. They always seem to collapse in the port area after the enclosure becomes pressurized making for an inaccessible leak once the thing is carpeted. Plus, it's also a pain to have to monitor and set the port walls, along with the rest of the enclosure, in the dados when we do the final assembly. IMHO, dealing with some port noise from a lack of port area from the aeroports is a lot more tolerable than having to design the stupid slot ports and hold them in place during final assembly.

The aeroports will have their own baffle that sits on top of the front baffle with a rubber gasket in between. One baffle will be accommodating a 6 inch diameter aeroport that is 12 inches long for a 23 Hz tuning. For times when I really want deep infrasonics, I'll swap in a baffle that accommodates a 4 inch diameter port that is 12 inches long for a 16 Hz tuning.

The front baffle will be kept separate from the rest of the enclosure until I know what the woofer mount cutout diameter will be. I figured my father and I should beat the heat (since it is, already, 80 plus degrees in February) in the likely (or unlikely, LOL) event the JLA 12W7v2-3 get released some intermediate time this year possibly independent of the CES debuts.

Anyway, here's the pix.
    Last edited by KirK; 02-21-2016 at 20:14.

-Malcolm X

Hey, lemme pitch this as a Geico Commercial.

If you're a neurotypical, you pick the autistic guy as your scapegoat for breakdowns in communication and any other conceivable conflict. It's what you do.

For those who want to save 15% or more on car insurance, you switch to Geico. (TM)

LOL.
    Last edited by KirK; 02-24-2016 at 16:57.

-Malcolm X

http://www.latimes.com/business/hilt...26-column.html

^^^Just as pronounced in CE as it is in IT, especially in places like SoCal. Although, that should not come as a surprise; humanity is inherently idiosyncratic. Some asinine bureaucrat (redundant?) at some point in the 20th century wanted to locate Israel in Syria to preserve the historical location while absentmindedly ignoring the fact that this was a Molotov Cocktail waiting to explode. Now, in its aftermath, we not only have September 11th, but every time a person with Asperger's goes through a TSA checkpoint, we're suspected as being a terrorist by a bunch of poorly educated morons all on account of some absentminded imbecile's rash decision, long ago.

But lets go back to STEM; what the hell has the industry produced in the way of meaningful alternate power sources in the past 70 years? Nothing, oh wait ... the antiquated solar and wind power generators and the meaningless 'refinements' of such. MIT grad students can't even replicate Tesla's work because they, like everyone else in the world, have this overt preoccupation with their social and sex lives that clouds their cognizance and technical acumen. Again, not surprising since the school promotes gambling among their math and science students. From my observations, when you look across all the disciplines for meaningful contributions to humanity, it reflects this f*cking juvenile fixation on all-things-computer. Stephen Hawking warned us long ago about the consequences with this intense preoccupation with AI. But, hey, what credibility does a disabled person have in a world full of prejudice and wrought with inherent idiosyncrasies.
    Last edited by KirK; 02-27-2016 at 16:38.

-Malcolm X

Phantom Wedge Completed

Did the glue up yesterday; used Gorilla Wood Glue this time for the most part. We used sanded birch for this wedge so the dados were a little messy. Only place we used the All Purpose glue was in the dado on the top that accommodates the back. The back is inclined at about one radian (or 57degs = 180 / 3.14) to deflect the load preventing direct loading on the back of the diaphragm causing superfluous oscillations (same principle I used in the Res Wedge and the 12W6v3-D4 enclosures). The back needed an expanding adhesive since the dados were a bit deeper in certain areas than others in the top piece.

The acrylic window will be set in the right side of the wedge as this system will be used only for HT Duty. It will be sitting unused collecting dust for perhaps a couple months, a few months, or several months, LOL. Once the 12W7v2-3's are available, I'll pick up the aeros' from Parts Express. Also, we're keeping the front baffle separate from the enclosure for obvious reasons for now. Once the units are available, my father and I will stain the front baffle and apply some clear coat to show off the nice grains in the birch while the rest of the enclosure will be in the standard charcoal grey I usually use. On the inside will simply be the birch, itself, as to better reflect the LED light inside whenever I want to illuminate the enclosure and its contents. My feeling is I probably will just need the one 1200/1v3 wired down to 1.5 omegas. I have some nice 12V fans built into my electronics cabinet so I don't foresee any heat development occurring at that impedance. Although, I do have 231A DC on tap to cover the RMS if I ever decided to expand the system in the future. Then, all I would need is a good cap to cover the transients. Otherwise on some transients the automatic X-over will switch the CV to CC and will trigger the voltage protection on the amp.

At any rate, got myself some THX certified vibes from the Res XX for now, LOL. Not enough O's in the word smooth to describe the RE's output.

Anyway, I'll upload some pix 2morrow

-Malcolm X

Dry Fit Assembly

Some dry-fit pix...

-Malcolm X

The iso in this has some visible wires over the enclosure. The HK 3770 is currently getting serviced; may have been a minor manufacturing defect, but after a while I wasn't getting output from the Klipsch floorstanders. The wiring diagram was very vague; in retrospect the stereo may have developed an impedance issue so that could be a possibility. The dumb manual presumes each floorstander is 16 omegas; if I interpreted it right. For a while, I had thought each one in the schematic implied 8 omegas; live & learn, I guess, LOL. Anyway, to make a long story short, I needed to temporarily run a ground to the TV to isolate the loop noise.

Anyway, here's the pix I promised.

-Malcolm X

[Ramanujan Mystery Series]^(-1) = ...

... = 3.14195...

Finally gonna get a piece of tha Pi.
    Last edited by KirK; 03-14-2016 at 21:16.

-Malcolm X

Buying a Stinger 10F cap tonight. I got the system fused in the distrib block and have a circuit breaker further down the power wire, but somehow I still manage to exceed the 100A current limit and activate the CV/CC X-Over when I listen to things like Waka Flocka, Ear Software, and Bass Mechanics. Time to give the power supply a lil help with the transients.

Sh*t, just has been a rough week at work. I'm always on edge thinking I'll lose my job. The harsh reality is autistic people, like myself, are the least employable people in this country for reasons I find rather stupid. The f*cking retrograde psychoanalytical eye contact and body language garbage that certain sheeple take WAY to seriously when conducting interviews. Irony is, they'll more readily hire some innumerate neurotypical that's merely efficient with navigating certain GUIs rather than an autistic person who does not make it a habit to avoid math. I guess, that is the idiosyncrasy that is humanity, LOL.
    Last edited by KirK; 03-19-2016 at 09:54.

-Malcolm X

The stupid@ss journalist that had to post an asinine, sarcastic Twitter remark at the expense of Ted Kaczynski's request of a rebuttal to his brother's erroneous mental illness claims FURTHER affirms that these journalists and the sheeple that assign credibility to their sorry@ss excuse of articles and reporting are the SCUM of the earth ... Their applications of statistics and their concepts of scientific methods are PATHETIC...

I'm baaAAAAACKKK!

-Malcolm X

FYI Nas, I started a Facebook account FOR ONLY the simple reason that most of my family lives 3000 miles away from me. I work a 7 to 3:30 job so it's already 6:30PM their time when I get home; not leaving much time for phone calls. I'll send you a link to my page in the next couple weeks.

I'm not using social media as a means of acquiring hundreds or even thousands of fake@ss 'friends', which seems to be the natural sheep-like propensity for typical users ... Just family and a few friends like you (i.e. REAL, dependable people. Not a bunch of egocentric, asinine narcissists that are addicted to selfies and who seem to be the sort of vaginal discharge offspring of people similar to Kim Kardashian or Daniel Tosh).

Anyway, I've got some aeroports for my Phantom Wedge enclosure; I'll post a pic of them on here sometime this week.
    Last edited by KirK; 05-23-2016 at 21:32. Reason: 2nd to last sentence needed to be more succinct.

-Malcolm X

So I'm going to make interchangeable baffles for different subwoofers in my Phantom Wedge. The ports won't be the only thing that is interchangeable.

I'm so impressed by the RE Audio XX 12 D4's smooth yet immense bass output that I plan to eventually pick up two REA XX v2 12 D2s' come this December when I get raised up a pay grade. But I'm job hunting in the meantime; I've sorta grown to hate my current job plus I'm seriously underemployed. One thing I've noticed now is that with my experience I am more attractive to employers now. Opportunities in San Diego for CE are still relatively sparse so I've expanded my job search radius to include Orange County.

I would like to see a JLA W7 version 2 series at CES in January. That may happen, or it may very well not happen. I'd certainly love to see DC Audio and Digital Designs begin experimenting with nitrile butylene rubber surround. I would certainly love to have me some more subwoofers with Finite Element Analysis behind them.

Anyway, back to the new REs' ... I would like to sometime next year pick up a second JLA 1200/1v3 so I can run each 2 Ohm DVC sub to a 4 Ohm impedance for better efficiency and damping factor. The one TDK Genesys 15-220-1P230 should cover the RMS ampacity but the transient surges I am concerned about ... I have no idea what the crest or the surge capability is with my power supply. So I'm sorta entertaining the thought of acquiring another TDK GEN 15-220 with my tax return ... possibly ... We'll see how it goes.

Stay tuned.
    Last edited by KirK; 09-18-2016 at 11:18.

-Malcolm X

SeNiOr MeMbEr!!! Registered Member nastynas's Avatar

Awesome!

Oh wow Kirk, I wish we lived closer then I would pay you to do all my handiwork. The way you've built and designed your enclosures looks amazing. I would LOVE to have an indoor setup like you have. It must sound amazing.

I tried to search for you on Facebook but couldn't find your details? Fyi, I have completed my install and will email you the pics but the LOC is giving LOTS of interference noise. I have been advised that an Audiocontrol lc2i (Line out control) should be able to fix my current audio problems but it doesn't have a remote line out with it, if you know of any high quality loc's then please let me know.

I have a really nice setup that's fitted properly and with high end kit and one silly item is spoiling it all.

Anyway, dude, would it be possible for you to make a video of the setup you've posted pics of above?

Chat soon,

Nas.
    ''these Over-night Wonder, Self Proclaimed Audio Guru's who think x number of years of being enamored with their own perception of audio actually accounts for 'knowledge'... '' Kirk

Junior Member Registered Member

Site issue?

Hi, on occasion I get a 503 site error when I browse your site. Just a heads up, cheers

Thread Information