Quote Originally Posted by KirK View Post
Purchased the Harmon Kardon HK 3770 today from Crutchfield; it's estimated delivery is July 29 at my new address. When the time comes in 2015, I'll pick up some Polk floor standers to tap into the 120 W RMS reserve for each channel. Looks like it has a single pair of pre-amp outputs which is not that of a big deal for me. All I really need is one pair for the Zapco's I'll be running. I guess I was confusing the pre-amps on the HK with some specs on another HT receiver I was observing. Nonetheless, the USB input is a nice feature for my iPod and USB drives.

Instead of the dual 2 Ohm version I'll get the dual 4 Ohm version of the RE Audio XXX. The RE Audio XXX v2 12 D4 will have some cleaner output at 2 Ohms than running the voice coil at 1 Ohm with the dual 2 Ohm version. This alternative gives me an excuse to pick up the DC-1101 this fall, which will power future equipment in 2015 or 2016. The DC-110 is most likely not going to extract much performance from the REA XXX, but the Z-3KD and ZX-500.2 are a little outside my budget; the DC-1101 being just within budget.

I figure mid to late 2015 I'll pick up a nice video camera for a subsequent YouTube channel. By then, I most likely will be employed so budget shouldn't be too much of an issue for buying a nice professional low frequency mic to prevent any sloppy choppy bass recordings.

I'll post some images when the unit arrives.
Hey Kirk,

Moving between car and home audio is confusing the hell out of me lol. I have the V4 XXX which is a dual 2ohm sub so plays at 1ohm or 4ohm. However, my Zapco C2K9.0 is the 2ohm version so in order to get more SQ from my sub bass, i wired the sub at 4ohm and ran it like that with my 9.0.

It gave it a 3db reduction taking it from 2k rms to 1k rms but the bass was definitely more SQ this way around .

Anyway, the DC-110 should really hammer your XXX as (If I'm not mistaken) your sub is 1kw rms? It is also much more efficient then the newer model XXX that I have and mine was quite happy with 1kw.

I believe the older XXXs such as the one you have are fine from 500wrms onwards. Happy days

Anyway, I may need to hold of my car audio dreams for some time as I have recently (can't think of an excuse why atm), purchased a 2002 Mercedes S Class 320 cdi and it's a bit of a nightmare to work with.

God knows what i was thinking...

If I have confused your home audio thread with car audio and made a hash of everything, let me know tomorrow, it's very late here lol.