Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Junior Member Registered Member
    Hey,

I wanted to know if you created your own theater?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Nonconformist Registered Member KirK's Avatar

Final Installment Part 1

Ask and you shall receive.

Name:  HT  Image 1.jpg
Views: 819
Size:  150.2 KBName:  HT Image 2.jpg
Views: 1061
Size:  130.2 KBName:  HT Image 3.jpg
Views: 861
Size:  129.6 KB
    Last edited by KirK; 06-25-2017 at 19:53.
    Democracy is a Hypocrisy.

-Malcolm X

Final Installment Part 2

Name:  HT Image 4.jpg
Views: 962
Size:  135.1 KBName:  HT Image 5.jpg
Views: 962
Size:  195.2 KBName:  HT Image 6.jpg
Views: 1166
Size:  131.7 KBName:  HT Image 7.jpg
Views: 960
Size:  47.1 KB

-Malcolm X

Final Installment Part 3

Name:  HT Image 8.jpg
Views: 1070
Size:  104.9 KBName:  HT Image 9.jpg
Views: 986
Size:  104.7 KBName:  HT Image 10.jpg
Views: 961
Size:  120.0 KBName:  HT Image 11.jpg
Views: 927
Size:  118.5 KB

-Malcolm X

Final Installment Part 4

My "critically acclaimed commentary"* coming tomorrow ...

*LMFAO.

Name:  HT Image 12.jpg
Views: 1095
Size:  114.7 KBName:  HT Image 13.jpg
Views: 1136
Size:  170.9 KBName:  HT Image 14.jpg
Views: 1027
Size:  111.0 KB

-Malcolm X

Final Post

So as you can see much has transpired since the time I last posted in 2016.

I came to the realization that I would rather buy two RE Audio XX v2 12 D2s' rather than awaiting that pair of JL Audio 12W7v2-3s'. REA XX 12 is half the price of the current 12W7AE-3 and it has the nitrile butylene rubber surround that I want. I initially wanted the dual 2 ohm voice coil version because I thought I would need a second JLA 1200/1v3 and run each at 4 ohms. Well, as it turned out, I wired them up in 2 ohms series/parallel on the one JLA amp I have and the output was massive and admittedly too much for the mobile home at moderate volumes. That turned out to be a problem with running both the floorstanders and the sub off of the stereo receiver. The solution was to get a Yamaha WXC-50 pre-amplifier and use that as the subwoofer's volume source. It exceeded my expectations in that it has its own DAC that gives the signal to the amplifier tighter regulation; the result being musical punchy bass even at low volumes. I made the mistake of buying one of those big Stinger capacitors ... While the things sorta work I find that peoples descriptions of what they actually do to be accurate. They'll supply power on a transient for only seconds but are by no means a substitute for a big battery or alternator. I had followed the charging instructions, but there's really no way of keeping it charged as I usually turn the TDK Genesys 15-220 off when it is not use. So its inactive now; set aside. After my purchase of the pre-amplifier, I have no use for my line driver so that is inactive.

If I can describe my subwoofer install with the two RE Audio XX v2 12 D2s on the big JLA 1200/1v3, it would be musical and smoooth. That extra O was intentional. The Phantom Wedge utilizes a 55 degree inclined back that effectively deflects the initial sound wave propagating from the rear of the woofer's diaphragm and continues to ricochet the wave in a diamond pattern. Thus, no formation of standing waves that propagate back into the woofer's diaphragm causing superfluous oscillations marring the sound quality. The Phantom Wedge is everything I ever dreamed about in my goals of designing a system that is comparable to a movie theater with THX equipment installed in it. That and I think it gives JL Audio's Gotham a run for the money in sheer output. I called it the Phantom Wedge as my initial idea was to install two JL Audio 12W7v2-3s' in it. But they would be too expensive for the kind of income I make right now and so I would like to get the W7v2s' after I buy home with a decent sized basement (bass-ment LOL). I'd only ever buy them earlier in the rare event of JL Audio going out of business. Once I buy them though I would install a relay to alternate between the RE Audio XX v2 12 D2s' Phantom Wedge and the JL Audio 12W7v2-3s' Phantom Wedge with each on their own dedicated JLA 1200/1v3.

Audio aside, it was never my intention to start an Autistic Revolution with some of my derogatory posts on here, for if I did, I would windup like Okwonkwo in Chinua Achebe's Things Fall Apart. I, at least, can say for myself I attribute a perception that penetrates the bullsh*t, the societal hypocrisy, the societal dogma that encourages dogmatic conformity and the naive optimism in a better tomorrow. Stephen Hawking suggested humanity has 1000 years left on Earth. I thought, why didn't he say 100 years. Not too soon after, he did indeed say 100 years. And so you see, are we going to accomplish anything revolutionary in the next 100 years??? No, the answer in short is no. Humanity, principally neurotypicals with undiagnosed Narcissistic Personality Disorder such as J.P. Morgan, put humanity, put our fragile Earth on this rapid course of destruction. Interesting how one man, Sir Isaac Newton, predicted this collective asininity on humanity's part in the 20th and 21st century. We have, in effect, validated his 2060 Doomsday Prophesy be it the worsening global warming or the divisive vices we hold so dear as virtues such as our individual religions.

Anyway, enough said. While Car Review is dead or dying, my audio antics and shenanigans will live on in my You Tube channel, KirK's Home Car Audio.

This thread is officially finished.

-Malcolm X

Junior Member Registered Member
    You surely have a talent, you can change a simple thing into a useful stuff.

Thread Information