Threaded View

The Nonconformist Registered Member KirK's Avatar
    Sh*t; knew it had to be too good to be true.

Lately, Behringer gives peak power's for their PA's. I saw some discussions in other forums that the listed power divided by 1.414 is the Root Mean Square, which makes sense since I've seen that formula in my circuits class. Not really all too enthralled with most of the power amps I've seen. Guess I'll stick with my power supply idea and obtain a TDK Genesys sometime next year. Hey, I only hated the area I grew up in New Jersey; not the whole state. I'll be glad to pay some homage to Neptune.

Got a nice ported alignment ready from winISD. 2.5 cu. ft after displacements, 18 Hz tuning freq, and 22 Hz half power freq. ~112 dB @ 20 Hz, Xmax is 25 mm @ 27 Hz. Going to be heavy as f#@k but its gonna be our own personal Imax. Another bonus, lots of good movies released next year.

As far as a big system for my next car, I think I'm gonna pass. While it would be nice to get a custom job alternator, that's literally money lost at resale so I'm inclined to keep the high power stuff in the RV with a power supply. I'll just keep my current set up now for my next car so I can avoid electrical upgrades.

At this point, if my next ride has 50k to 60k mi on it, that's fine. I'll probably pick up the ride before getting a high power Zap. I'm intereted in seeing if Zap does a 3rd Gen with the DC's. I'm not entirely clear if the DC's phase is adjustable in 45 degree steps and the Z8 is adjustable in 15 degree steps. It'd be nice if a 3rd Gen DC had continuously variable phase. That'd be legit; I'd legitimately be all about that bass, LOL!

Like I said in the beginning; this is going to be a long @$$ project, LOL!

Nas, my apologies for the delay in the correspondence I had with Russell; I'll just keep checking emails to see if he responds back.
    Last edited by KirK; 11-26-2014 at 16:19.
    Democracy is a Hypocrisy.

-Malcolm X

Thread Information