SeNiOr MeMbEr!!! Registered Member nastynas's Avatar

My Honda Civic Install pics

Hey guys,

As promised, I thought I would share some pics of my install.
    I would like to begin by saying a very big thank you to my younger brother (Aky) and my good friend Shaheen for doing all the fitting and settings. Also a very big thank you to CV Stroker and EasyE on here who helped me with invaluable advice and were patient with my many questions (Cv is always right).... The only thing I can take credit for is financing the project, making/passing cups of tea and sweeping up in the evenings...

The equipment I am using is all in my signature, I have various pics ( all on different PC's) and may be missing lots of pics but I will certainly try to find and update all I have, as I go along. The doors have since been re-trimmed in silver and blue (I think). The mark on one of the photos is just light and not a stain.

I am posting the initial pics just so I get started...

Please feel free to comment, ask questions or make suggestions that you may have. I am always open to constructive critcism
    Attached Images Attached Images          
    Last edited by nastynas; 03-05-2012 at 09:18.
    ''these Over-night Wonder, Self Proclaimed Audio Guru's who think x number of years of being enamored with their own perception of audio actually accounts for 'knowledge'... '' Kirk

CAR REVIEW ADMlN Registered Member Easy E's Avatar
    Nice pictures but where are the pictures of that horn?
    Thats my 2 cents.

After many more attempts

I can't upload anymore due to that same message. Any help anyone?
    Last edited by nastynas; 03-23-2012 at 00:15.
    ''these Over-night Wonder, Self Proclaimed Audio Guru's who think x number of years of being enamored with their own perception of audio actually accounts for 'knowledge'... '' Kirk

This should work now...

This was the sub box before it went into the boot. Not very nice looking before the vinyl.

The Nonconformist Registered Member KirK's Avatar

I'm BacK!

Hey nastynas, from what I read, you've got one hell of a system! Nice! BTW, thanks for your compliment in my thread about How to Choose A Subwoofer. I realize I may not have an EE's understanding of audio like Easy E and CV, but it just feels so nice to pay GREAT knowledge forward to anyone in idle contemplation.

Well, its summer sabatical for me now so I have time to pay the forums a visit every now and then. I'll be starting out as a junior this Fall '12. Got an A in Mechanics of Materials... NO easy feat by any stretch of the imagination! I LOVED it all: deflections, Mohr's Circle, Shear and Normal stress, and especially Statically Indeterminate Structures. Awesome! I can't wait to get my BSE in civil!

Oh well, good luck in all future endeavors nastynas!
    Democracy is a Hypocrisy.

-Malcolm X

I would consider summer school, but I'm 27 and not in my early 20's anymore. And besides...

"Ain't Nobody Got Time For That!"

Now I'm going to have that dumb song in my head all summer!!! Damn YouTube videos!

-Malcolm X

Quote Originally Posted by KirK View Post
    Hey nastynas, from what I read, you've got one hell of a system! Nice! BTW, thanks for your compliment in my thread about How to Choose A Subwoofer. I realize I may not have an EE's understanding of audio like Easy E and CV, but it just feels so nice to pay GREAT knowledge forward to anyone in idle contemplation.

Well, its summer sabatical for me now so I have time to pay the forums a visit every now and then. I'll be starting out as a junior this Fall '12. Got an A in Mechanics of Materials... NO easy feat by any stretch of the imagination! I LOVED it all: deflections, Mohr's Circle, Shear and Normal stress, and especially Statically Indeterminate Structures. Awesome! I can't wait to get my BSE in civil!

Oh well, good luck in all future endeavors nastynas!
    Hey, thanks for you post Kirk, yes it did sound very nice (to me) but it's taken years and years for me to collect everything.

For my next install, I really want to keep things more simple but insulated and secured. No more fancy shaped sealed boxes, a proper ported box that's tuned low and plays flat as hell (my friend the installer may have other ideas) and I want a much better car...

It's a shame this forum isn't as lively as it used to be and CV is missing i think

I have no idea as to most of what you said but sounds cool lol. Anywho, I need some brunch and will hopefully speak to you some more soon

P.s. do let me know if you would have done anything differently...
    Last edited by nastynas; 05-17-2012 at 03:00.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynas View Post
    P.s. do let me know if you would have done anything differently...
    No, I wouldn't have done anything different if I were you. You did a great job, great equipment and great install.

As for my system, its going to be left unfinished for the next couple of years. I am either studying engineering and pure math or traveling across the country to see my father in CA and my mother in NJ. Very HECTIC and demanding of most of my time. Oh well.

Easy E and CV always have told me that JL Audio is overpriced and I am here to tell you it SERIOUSLY is. The problem with JL is that they use inferior materials in their components in KEY, heavily used areas. For instance, soft metal hex bolts that are BUILT-IN to the chasis that strip incredibly easy, definitely NOT COOL. And polyester foam surrounds for the W6v2 and W7 woofers. I'm fortunate enough to have babyed the woofer ever since I got it, and have done a remarkable job in retrospect. By babying I mean having to direct the woofer towards the back seat instead of the optimal rear firing convention to minimize its contact with rain. Again, definitely not cool.

A couple years ago I spoke with the manufacturer about the prospect of adapting a rubber surround to the W6. Unbknowns to me, they actually took my suggestion and created the W6v3. They said this took two years of intense engineering effort, and quite frankly I don't see what would be intense about it. If RE Audio could adapt a rubber surround for their XXX that can accommodate a staggering 54 millimeter linear one way, it would seem feasible that JL could adapt a rubber surround for their W6 woofers. I am not too thrilled about the price! Damn things retail for $700, that sucks! I'll wait until they start surfacing on eBay and Amazon to get my hands on one. The thing that attracts me to them is primarily the rubber surround. FINALLY, I won't have to worry about the thing getting wet!

Oh well, I am digressing here. Feel free to send me an email my way nastynas. I usually check it often between semesters but pretty seldom during semesters. I would like to assist you in anyway I can. I have 10 years experience with car audio, so I sort of have a working knowledge. Nothing like Easy E's or CV's but I am always open-minded. Closest I'll ever get to EE is a required Circuits class. I look foward to working with quaternions (Complex, vector-like quantities) in Circuits. Love those Complex Numbers!

Anyway, here's my email

cogito84@att.net

KirK

-Malcolm X

Thanks Kirk, will Email coming your way

Thread Information