Junior Member Registered Member

sub box painting

need a bit of help from u guys finding an old post. about 6months ago or more, someone posted some pics of a mdf box he had constructed for a single sub to go into the back bench of a pickup (either a toyota or nissan) along with silver amp. the whole intall looked really professional and the box was awesomely painted blue and finished to the point that it looked like high gloss metal. it was really, really sweet job and the poster had given directions as to how he got the mdf to look like that. does anyone remember the post or know who did the great job or can find the actual thread (ive tried searching for the old threads but nothging comes up)? i'd like to reference the post as i'm starting to paint some of my interior panels and woulnt mind making a sub box like that instead of the generic carpeting. seeeing other people's awesome work sometimes gets me going to do the same with mine, tho it wont turn out as well.

thanks!

Resident Flamer Registered Member -dh-'s Avatar
    bump.

Im curious too...
    (like always)
    Life's a heavy price to pay, but when you're dead, there's no complaining.

CAR REVIEW ADMlN Registered Member Easy E's Avatar
    Dont remeber who but I remeber that picture and post etc. Basically u need to make the box, then u need to putty the wholes up nicely. Then once that is done sand it down so its all smooth, then u need to use a crap load of primer then paint over that. And there is a bunch of sanding when u paint. Its a huge pain in the but but yea it looks nice.
    Thats my 2 cents.

I'm in your head Registered Member CVStroker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy E
    Dont remeber who but I remeber that picture and post etc. Basically u need to make the box, then u need to putty the wholes up nicely. Then once that is done sand it down so its all smooth, then u need to use a crap load of primer then paint over that. And there is a bunch of sanding when u paint. Its a huge pain in the but but yea it looks nice.
    I may be thinking of a different paint job, but I believe the person who did this one used a high quality sprayer like the guys who do custom paint jobs do.
    Life: It's the ultimate sin; a game with no rules that you're expected to win

Thread Information