Junior Member Registered Member

Question my Rockfords Rattle my Wrangler--too much

To give you a little idea of my setup, i have a jeep wrangler with 2 Rockford Fosgate HE2s pushed bya Kicker Kx800.2. I had hell finding a way to fit them in there with the recomended box size, so i took the backrest off the backseat and made the sub box the back rest and now it all fits nicely. ( subs face towards the rear). I don't know if anyones familiar with jeeps but mine has a hard top and if don't have it on all the sound goes with it.
    Anyway the whole thing is fiberglass and it gets the piss rattled out of it, My door handles shake, my mirror shakes, my back door latch shakes and it drives me nuts.
    What the heck can i do to stop the rattleing?

CAR REVIEW ADMlN Registered Member Easy E's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumps 4x4
    To give you a little idea of my setup, i have a jeep wrangler with 2 Rockford Fosgate HE2s pushed bya Kicker Kx800.2. I had hell finding a way to fit them in there with the recomended box size, so i took the backrest off the backseat and made the sub box the back rest and now it all fits nicely. ( subs face towards the rear). I don't know if anyones familiar with jeeps but mine has a hard top and if don't have it on all the sound goes with it.
    Anyway the whole thing is fiberglass and it gets the piss rattled out of it, My door handles shake, my mirror shakes, my back door latch shakes and it drives me nuts.
    What the heck can i do to stop the rattleing?
    Turn the bass down, less bass less rattles. First off you loose most of your base with the top off cause u dont have cabin gain anymore. Second, your can try to tighten screws bolts, u can use foam expand foam to stop rattles. Pretty much your gonna have rattles.
    Thats my 2 cents.

I'm in your head Registered Member CVStroker's Avatar
    If you would be willing to, put a layer of sound deadener all around, or a rattle pad/mat. You'll either have a shiny silver layer all over everything, or a black foam-looking layer. That should get rid of most of the rattling.
    Life: It's the ultimate sin; a game with no rules that you're expected to win

Senior Member Registered Member
    I agree, sound deadening is your best bet. Just don't waste money on Dynamat Xtreme, unless you have money to waste...

Thread Information