Junior Member Registered Member

Escalade ext system

hey guys, take a look below at my future stereo system i want to install. i came into some money and i'm looking to invest $12,000-$14,000. I want a stereo with about 2500-3000 of pure sq sound with the bumpin bass of course. please take a look and let me know what you think, any recommendations, i'm thinking of surround sound as well, any thoughts??

Alpine Products

1. DVD head unit – Alpine IVA-D900
    2. CD changer – Alpine CHA-S634 or CHA-1214(12 changer)
    3. Sound Processor – Alpine PXA-H700
    4. Navigation system – Alpine NVE-N852A
    5. TV Tuner – Alpine TCS-V430A

Focal Components

1. 3 way set (fronts) – Focal 165W3
    2. 2 way set (rear) – Focal 165W
    3. tweeter (center) – Focal Audiom TLR
    4. mid-range (center) – Focal Audiom 6W
    JL Audio Subwoofers

1. 2 13in subs – JL Audio 13w7

Zapco Amplifiers

1. Zapco C2K 9.0XD
    2. Zapco C2K 4.0X

Resident Flamer Registered Member -dh-'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmoov24
    hey guys, take a look below at my future stereo system i want to install. i came into some money and i'm looking to invest $12,000-$14,000. I want a stereo with about 2500-3000 of pure sq sound with the bumpin bass of course. please take a look and let me know what you think, any recommendations, i'm thinking of surround sound as well, any thoughts??

Alpine Products

1. DVD head unit – Alpine IVA-D900
    2. CD changer – Alpine CHA-S634 or CHA-1214(12 changer)
    3. Sound Processor – Alpine PXA-H700
    4. Navigation system – Alpine NVE-N852A
    5. TV Tuner – Alpine TCS-V430A

Focal Components

1. 3 way set (fronts) – Focal 165W3
    2. 2 way set (rear) – Focal 165W
    3. tweeter (center) – Focal Audiom TLR
    4. mid-range (center) – Focal Audiom 6W
    JL Audio Subwoofers

1. 2 13in subs – JL Audio 13w7

Zapco Amplifiers

1. Zapco C2K 9.0XD
    2. Zapco C2K 4.0X
    If money is not a problem, for the subs, i would suggest the Adire Audio Brahma Line or the RE XXX's. From what i can tell, they are awesome SQ subs.

Brahma: http://www.adireaudio.com/mobile_aud...hma_series.htm

RE XXX: http://www.respl.com/flash_index.html

I can't comment on the Focals cause I've never heard of em, but otherwise, it sounds like a nice setup.

I'm in your head Registered Member CVStroker's Avatar
    Sounds good, except I wouldn't use the midrange and tweeters in the middle. I would just stick with the 3-ways on each side.
    Life: It's the ultimate sin; a game with no rules that you're expected to win

Senior Member Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CVStroker
    Sounds good, except I wouldn't use the midrange and tweeters in the middle. I would just stick with the 3-ways on each side.
    He did mention having surround, and he seems to have the right processor so it might not be a bad idea if he'll be watching alot of movies to have a dedicated center channel.

Sounds to be one bad ass system...

cool it should be a nice system. Don't piss your neighbors off though!

Junior Member Registered Member
    thanks for the feedback so far... I will take a look at the Brahmas and RE XXX subs. what about the IDMAX series?? a lot of people swear by them. also, any other suggestions in regards to component sets?? a couple of people told me to look into the Dynaudio and Rainbows.. what should i do about wiring, capacitor sound deadner, and would i have to change the alternator?? i'm having a shop do the install so i want to have a good idea of what to expect...

I'm in your head Registered Member CVStroker's Avatar
    Capacitor? for a system like that? You must be joking. Caps are for cheap little kids who don't know better. You've got the money, spend it on a HO Alternator, it'll work so much better, and remember to upgrade your big 3 (search the forum, I'm not explaining it again). If the shop tries to sell you a cap, saying you'll need one, tell them to shove it up their ass, they're just trying to make a sale. And if they don't know what the big 3 is, find another shop.
    Life: It's the ultimate sin; a game with no rules that you're expected to win

put alot of sound deadner in, money is not an issue, so go with 2 layors of monster mat or cascade in the doors and around the area behind and under the seats (where you subs are going), maybe on the roof also. this will improve your sq, elimate alot of rattle, and increse your db's a few notches. in your set up small nickle and dime things can make a really big improvment and make you sound so much beter, alt. up grade, sound deadner, thicker guage wire ect..... i didnt see an alarm anywhere...............responders are pretty good, btw very nice truck, i have been thinking of one, to bad gas prices are making me look at cars agin......damm opec!!!!!

and maybe the roof? the roof is the first place id sounddeaden on a suv. From my experience floors on suvs normally dont rattle especially on more exspensive ones because they already use a layer of deadening underneath the rugs. i will have to check into that at work though we actually have the rug out of one right now. if you like caddy suvs but are concerned abut mpg (dunno why you would be you bought a 60 grand suv in the first place) I would look into a srx those things are amazing. great styleing great ride good power in the v6 or v8 model awd and the biggest sunroof ive ever seen oh ya and i work at a caddy and saab dealership ill hook you up j/k

Thread Information