Thread: car battery

Junior Member Registered Member

car battery

I took my car into the garage for new tires...they called saying I need a new battery costing $84.00. They asked if it was slow to start and I will get caught with a dead battery.

I have not noticed a slow startup at all. I have a 95 Geo Prizm. I told them okay but now I'm having second thoughts. Should I have waited? Really, I have not noticed a slow start up.

Does anyone know about car batteries?

Spam Reaper Site Moderator Slanter's Avatar
    Most auto parts stores will test a battery for free. My first thought is that you were probably ripped off. Then again, batteries do have a limited lifespan. If your car had the original battery still in it, its days were probably numbered.
    Slanter - redefining "jury rigged repair" since 1997
    '66 Dodge Dart & 2000 Ford Focus -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    or
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

At $84.00, you had better have the best darn battery money can buy! Your Geo Prizm does not need a very high CCA battery and you could have purchased one for about $55 at Wal-Mart or Costco.

Go here: http://phrannie.org/battery.html and read this if you want a quick education on batteries in layman terms...
    ========================================

Quote Originally Posted by mtr33
    I took my car into the garage for new tires...they called saying I need a new battery costing $84.00. They asked if it was slow to start and I will get caught with a dead battery.

I have not noticed a slow startup at all. I have a 95 Geo Prizm. I told them okay but now I'm having second thoughts. Should I have waited? Really, I have not noticed a slow start up.

Does anyone know about car batteries?

battery

Quote Originally Posted by jreisinger
    At $84.00, you had better have the best darn battery money can buy! Your Geo Prizm does not need a very high CCA battery and you could have purchased one for about $55 at Wal-Mart or Costco.

Go here: http://phrannie.org/battery.html and read this if you want a quick education on batteries in layman terms...
    ========================================
    battery life is 3 years from date of manufacture..

Thread Information