Senior Member Registered Member

Adire Koda 6.1 Components???

Okay... I finally got some cash from insurance after all my stuff was jacked, and I need some components. I'm going all SQ this time around, nothin huge. So far I've got an Eclipse 8443 deck and an Eclipse 5422 amp putting out 85x4. I had my heart set on the Focal 165KP's ever since I listened to them. I love their natural sound and their ability to reproduce so accurately. I used to have a set of Boston 6.5 Rally components but those were way too harsh for my tastes and were definitely lacking in the mid bass department. For the time being I will not be running any subs, so I am looking for something with some decent lows. I've been looking around and have gained some serious interest in the Koda 6.1's. I know Easy has 'em and has said good things, but if I could get some more details from Easy or anyone else who has heard them I would appreciate it.

Also this is all going in a '99 Chevy Tahoe and I'm putting Dynamat Xtreme on the fronts too. Thanks

CAR REVIEW ADMlN Registered Member Easy E's Avatar
    Well yes I have exstensive experince with Kodas. They have gobs of midbass. The tweeter isnt harsh, some people say they are too laid back. Actually I sold Koda tweeters to someone who had the Focal Polykevlar tweeter thought it was to harsh, loves the Koda tweeters. Kodas work well off axis so that is nice for stock locations. Problem they have a big mounting depth cause they have so much throw oh well.
    Thats my 2 cents.

I'm guessing the mounting depth should be fine in doors as big as the tahoe's though... You got any numbers on that easy or do you know from experience???

Quote Originally Posted by Calinada
    I'm guessing the mounting depth should be fine in doors as big as the tahoe's though... You got any numbers on that easy or do you know from experience???
    I looked up the mounting depth of the Tahoes, dont know what year so I choosed 98, they have a 3.5" mounting depth the kodas are 3" so your fine.
    Thats my 2 cents.

Alright, thanks alot Easy for all your help. I think I'm gonna take a chance and order some Koda's instead of getting the Focals. But before I do... Do they have any sort of resale value for being such a small brand??? And what kind of warranty or return policy do they have? I'm guessing the best place to get them is through Adire's website?

Alright, thanks alot Easy for all your help. I think I'm gonna take a chance and order some Koda's instead of getting the Focals. But before I do... Do they have any sort of resale value for being such a small brand??? And what kind of warranty or return policy do they have? I'm guessing the best place to get them is through Adire's website?
    Adire products come with a 3 year warranty also a customer satisfaction gurantee check there website for more info. Best place to get Kodas is through me cause I can save you some money. Also they are out of stock for another week. So if u can wait a week thats fine.
    Thats my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Easy E
    Adire products come with a 3 year warranty also a customer satisfaction gurantee check there website for more info. Best place to get Kodas is through me cause I can save you some money. Also they are out of stock for another week. So if u can wait a week thats fine.
    I've waited a month since all my stuff was stolen so I guess one more week couldn't hurt... Let me know when you get some in, CUNeil@aol.com. Thanks alot.

btw easy... how much do you think you could get me a set of these koda's for? i'd like to get them from you, especially if it's anything significant, but $349 seems to be pretty standard for these. i'd rather get 'em now but i can wait till you get some in if it'll be worth it. if you could give me an idea of what were talking about either on here or my e-mail i'd appreciate it. thanks

btw easy... how much do you think you could get me a set of these koda's for? i'd like to get them from you, especially if it's anything significant, but $349 seems to be pretty standard for these. i'd rather get 'em now but i can wait till you get some in if it'll be worth it. if you could give me an idea of what were talking about either on here or my e-mail i'd appreciate it. thanks
    Send me an email and we can talk about pricing. By the way from my knowledge I dont think anyone has Kodas in stock. So u gotta wait anyways.

easyese@hotmail.com
    Thats my 2 cents.

Thread Information