Senior Member Registered Member

2 Kicker CompVR 10s vs Tempest

I just recently bought 2 Kicker Comp CVR 10s and an Hifonics Nemesis NX600. Right now I have the Kickers in a sealed Audiobahn box w/ about 1.5 cu ft each, but they're just sitting in there because I plan to ditch that box anyways. Before I go and waste my time building a ported box I'd like to know if the Tempest would be much better SPL wise? I would be able to run my amp at 600w bridged @ 4 ohm so I think that would be plenty of power for it. I listen to mainly rap so I was thinking that I would most likely make my own ported box for the Tempest. Aside from that, I'd love to show all the RF and Audiobahn using dumba**es at my school up w/ a brand they've never heard of. Any advice?

I'm in your head Registered Member CVStroker's Avatar
    The Tempest would definatly be a big improvement. But That amp might be a little on the big side, just turn down the gains and you should be fine, you really don't need 600 watts for a Tempest.
    Life: It's the ultimate sin; a game with no rules that you're expected to win

To what sub would the Tempest be comparable in the right box?
    Last edited by phrozen5100; 04-28-2004 at 19:18.

I'm guessing it could compare to a 15" L5, but better sounding.

CAR REVIEW ADMlN Registered Member Easy E's Avatar
    I agree Tempest ported will do quite well. Comparably to a 15 L5 naw ocmpared to a 15 L7 depending on the install etc...
    Thats my 2 cents.

How would a Tempest w/ proper power and in a ported box made to specs compare to 3 JL 10W6s in a medium sized sealed box w/ a 500/1 amp?

Quote Originally Posted by phrozen5100
    How would a Tempest w/ proper power and in a ported box made to specs compare to 3 JL 10W6s in a medium sized sealed box w/ a 500/1 amp?
    A Tempest in a ported box can a lot of output especialy around tunning, so I say the tempest will have more spl around the 25-35hz range and less in the upper notes, it is also 3 to 1. Tempest still retains pretty good SQ in a ported box also.
    Thats my 2 cents.

Thanks for the info. I'm going to try to sell my current system locally and buy a Tempest and run it off my new amp when I get the money. Also, my friend was looking for some cheap bump and I was thinking that a Shiva in a sealed box paired w/ a Hifonics NX400(400w x 1 @ 4 ohm bridged) would be a nice setup for him, would that be pretty good for the price?

Would it be possible to run 2 Tempests or 2 Shivas w/ a big enough box? Or should I just stick to my plan of 1 Tempest in a well made box? My amp will put out 150w x 2 @ 4 ohms. I'm afraid I would screw up the box design and the subs would end up sounding like crap if I had two.

A single shiva with 300 watts ported is a nice setup gets loud sounds good.

About the dual tempests. Depends on how much room you got the amplifiers specs. Gotta get me that info if u want some info.

About those tempest hit me up with a email or on AIM/AOL or MSN and I can see what Ican do abotu those for ya.

AIM: easyaud
    MSN: easyese@hotmail.com
    Email: same as msn
    Thats my 2 cents.

Without reading any of this get a Tempest! 500watts in a 4cu ft box ported to 26Hz !
    TEMPEST I SAY

Yet another pointless thread from Joey, ya gotta read the thread first dufus. If you did, you would have noticed he was contemplating using Shiva's instead.

Thread Information