Thread: static problems

Junior Member Registered Member

Question static problems

ok so here's the deal, i've had my stereo hooked up for about a year now and i just started to experience a problem thats been going on for 2 weeks now, when the car is off everything is normal but when on i have a static cooming from my 6x9's and it gets louder with my rpms as i accelerate. Ive rewired the deck checked all the fuses, grounds, tried 3 diff sets of rca's, tried diff speakers, new wire everything still have the same problem & i'm running an amp on these also if it makes a difference. Any idea's? Thanks.

CAR REVIEW ADMlN Registered Member Easy E's Avatar
    Amplifier picking up altenator wine. Try moving the ground wire around runnning your rcas away from any major power wire. Search the forum for altenator wine there has been plenty of info posted over the last few years.
    Thats my 2 cents.

Resident Cynic Registered Member FordXplod93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy E
    Amplifier picking up altenator wine. Try moving the ground wire around runnning your rcas away from any major power wire. Search the forum for altenator wine there has been plenty of info posted over the last few years.
    When you do your search make sure you spell it right - Alternator whine. Always helps the search results.

~FordX
    Often imitated, never duplicated.

Junior Member Registered Member
    recheck your wires, they might be scratches or contact on the body.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My blog The Honda civic life
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm in your head Registered Member CVStroker's Avatar
    Noise like that could also be a sign of a power supply in you deck or amp going bad.
    Life: It's the ultimate sin; a game with no rules that you're expected to win

Member Registered Member
    Yeah, Google around for alternator whine and ground loop, thats probably where the problem is.

Thread Information