Junior Member Registered Member

Need advice on 6 1/2 speakers

Hey All,

I am looking to replace the factory speakers in a Chevy Venture Van and need some advice. The front doors and rear liftgate both have 6 1/2 in. rounds. I am looking for at least a two way since there is no seperate tweeter, just the four total speakers. Any suggestions on what would be a good choice for about $75-$100 a pair? Also, I want to keep the factory head unit since it has the VCR and CD player all hooked up so maybe an aftermarket amp as well.

Thanks,

Senior Member Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EULBGIB
    Hey All,

I am looking to replace the factory speakers in a Chevy Venture Van and need some advice. The front doors and rear liftgate both have 6 1/2 in. rounds. I am looking for at least a two way since there is no seperate tweeter, just the four total speakers. Any suggestions on what would be a good choice for about $75-$100 a pair? Also, I want to keep the factory head unit since it has the VCR and CD player all hooked up so maybe an aftermarket amp as well.

Thanks,
    Many choices out there. I'd start by checking out the JL Audio TR series; good entry-level speakers. Depends on what your requirements are, really. Check out Infinity, Rockford Fosgate, maybe some low-end MB Quarts, I dunno. I think the best advice would be to go to some shops and listen to some speakers in your price range, to get an idea of what your options are. Then look online and see if you can find a good deal.

Senior Member Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mike patton
    Many choices out there. I'd start by checking out the JL Audio TR series; good entry-level speakers. Depends on what your requirements are, really. Check out Infinity, Rockford Fosgate, maybe some low-end MB Quarts, I dunno. I think the best advice would be to go to some shops and listen to some speakers in your price range, to get an idea of what your options are. Then look online and see if you can find a good deal.

some good choice, boston accustics are also economicly good. you may want to double cheek your van. are there any seperate head phone jacks? a internal amp? a bose system? one problem with family vans are the audio systems are being run together. if you replace one component, a speaker or new radio, you have to replace the whole system

I WOULD GO WITH THE MB QUART DISCUS LINE. THIS IS THEIR "ENTRY" LEVEL.
    THEY ARE EQUAL IF NOT BETTER THAN MOST COMPANIES MID OR HIGH END PRODUCTS.
    FOR 6.5's GO WITH THE DKD116's COST @ 100/pr

I'm in your head Registered Member CVStroker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCOTT71578
    I WOULD GO WITH THE MB QUART DISCUS LINE. THIS IS THEIR "ENTRY" LEVEL.
    THEY ARE EQUAL IF NOT BETTER THAN MOST COMPANIES MID OR HIGH END PRODUCTS.
    FOR 6.5's GO WITH THE DKD116's COST @ 100/pr

That is highly dependant on your tastes of music. If you like bright tweets, they would be good to go with, but they are not equal to most companies medium/high speakers. They are a good ENTRY level speaker, but nothing special by any means.

My recommendation goes to the CDT CL-6X. They are cheap, yet reliable, and good sounding.

http://www.thezeb.com/detail.aspx?ID=1087

(And turn off the caps lock, you have no clue how annoying that is.)
    Life: It's the ultimate sin; a game with no rules that you're expected to win

If you want some good deals on CDT contact djdilliodon
    http://forum.sounddomain.com/forum/u...c;f=4;t=017896

I just bought CDT CL-62s and CL-6x's from him

Thread Information