Thread: Mindisc or cd?

Junior Member Registered Member

Mindisc or cd?

Does anyone have any views on this?
    Which is considered better?
    I think md is superior for cars as they are more robust, smaller, all display track names and they sound just as good.

Practical Audio Guru Site Moderator CT!!'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonny
    I think md is superior for cars as they are more robust, smaller, all display track names and they sound just as good.

Hold out for a few months if you are considering MD. Sony is releasing a number of 1gig MD players that will play mp3's as well. The version I'm looking at will retail at $200 and the 1gig MD's are running about $7 apeice. The player has a USB connection and to load the files is simply drag and drop.
    You are NOT your audio logo. It's a means to an end, people!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Senior Member Registered Member
    thats awesome i thought the whole md thing died maybe ill have to brush the dust off mine off and try to be cool again

Senior Member Registered Member

New CD players display track names as it is (CD-TEXT if it is present on the CD). Also, a lot of newer CD players also play MP3s---and that would be 700MB worth of MP3s per disc and each disc is dirt cheap (less than 20 cents).

Hess.

Resident Cynic Registered Member FordXplod93's Avatar
    CDs also display track names if you have a burner that supports CD Text (most do). Both CDs and MDs have the same sampling frequency (44.1 kHz) and track rate (320Kbps if I remember right). So CDs and MDs are equal in those two catagories, and CDs have a much larger title library than MDs. I'll stick with CDs for the moment. ;)

~FordX
    Often imitated, never duplicated.

Thread Information