Junior Member Registered Member

cleaning up the car

hey i was cleaning up the car and i need help with the following things:

if i paint this bulb blue, do i have to unplug the battery before taking bulb out?

which wire do i hook up to the positive and neg? there are three wires for teh cd player deck (white red and blue) which goes to what? Thanks

i want to hook up some blue leds to the inside of the vent, how would i take vent out or would i even have to do so?

Thanks for lookign
    Last edited by a'z accord; 02-24-2007 at 14:56.

Junior Member Registered Member bustamove's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by a'z accord
    hey i was cleaning up the car and i need help with the following things:

if i paint this bulb blue, do i have to unplug the battery before taking bulb out?
    Normally the battery does not have to be disconnected when removing or replacing bulbs. I would check with your dealership just to be 100% sure. You did not specify the make and model of your car.

which wire do i hook up to the positive and neg? there are three wires for teh cd player deck (white red and blue) which goes to what? Thanks
    You would have to back trace the wires leading to the battery in order to determine the exact purpose of the wires. The installer who routed the wires to the battery could have used any available color wire. I wouldn't even guess as to where those wires lead. Try to find the original owners manual for the CD player or at the very least something similar. Manufacturers generally do not change their output wire colors from model to model.

Power wires for the CD player can be tapped into the power within the cabin. Any wires leading directly from the battery to whatever should be fuse protected. Otherwise there is a possible fire hazard.

i want to hook up some blue leds to the inside of the vent, how would i take vent out or would i even have to do so?
    Sorry, I cannot help you with removing the vent cover

Cool thanks

thank you for your help, also its a 92 honda accord and the wires are fuse protected. Thank you again.

Great source of info. Thanks guys!

Thread Information