Hybrid View

Junior Member Registered Member

No bass out of sub??????

My question is why I only get bass out of my sub on certain CD's and not others and why does my sub not work with my radio. When I do get bass out of the sub it is good and loud and I am very happy with it. I just with it worked with all my cd's and the radio.

Senior Member Registered Member
    Well, many different head units allow different settings for each input of the deck. I.E. you could change the bass and the treble for a CD, and those settings wouldn't effect the radio or other inputs. WHile if you changed hte balance and the fader on the radio, they wouldn't neccessarily effect teh CD.

With this in mind, many decks (such as eclipse, alpine, etc) have Subwoofer control. If the subwoofer control is turned all the way down (or off) when the radio is on, but turned up when the CD is on, it would create this effect you are talking about.

What kind of headunit, amp, and subs do you have anyways?

hess.

Junior Member Registered Member
    Well I have nothing great: For a head unit I have a 4 year old Kenwood with very few features. For my amp it is a RF Punch 100a2. And for the sub a 10" MTX 6000 in a sealed box. I know that all the equipment sucks but it was all free and I don't want to put money in my piece of crap car.

Senior Member Registered Member
    just because it is 4 years old doesn't mean it is crappy--my old kenwood used to keep the settings for each function--check it out on yours too

Thread Information