Member Registered Member

Better than solo barics for the money.

Is there any subs out there that can put out as much spl as the solo barics for around the same price. I am about to order them in two days. I am getting two 12'L7s. They will cost no more than 400 bucks for the pair. Is there any subwoofers out there in a pair for around the same price better for spl and maybe a little cleaner sq.

Resident Cynic Registered Member FordXplod93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by speakerboxx
    Is there any subs out there that can put out as much spl as the solo barics for around the same price. I am about to order them in two days. I am getting two 12'L7s. They will cost no more than 400 bucks for the pair. Is there any subwoofers out there in a pair for around the same price better for spl and maybe a little cleaner sq.
    I think Easy will back me up when I say that 1 Adire Audio Brahma, when properly powered, can take those 2 Kickers in both SQ and SPL. Also look into RE and IDMax.

~FordX
    Often imitated, never duplicated.

CAR REVIEW ADMlN Registered Member Easy E's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FordXplod93
    I think Easy will back me up when I say that 1 Adire Audio Brahma, when properly powered, can take those 2 Kickers in both SQ and SPL. Also look into RE and IDMax.

~FordX
    A Brahma 15 will do well if setup correctly, same with a pair of tempests. Problem is they are both out of stock. IDMAX not a bad woofer but not meant for SPL. You can check RE for some SES they work pretty well also.

Thats my 2 cents.
    Thats my 2 cents.

Senior Member Registered Member
    If you keep your eyes peeled on Ebay, or some local shops in your area and can find a JL 12W7 (13W7)--which can be found as low as $400 or so--will blow those L7's away.

Hess.

These are some auctions at your price range currently:

at $385 right now
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...089394734&rd=1

$400
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...089442218&rd=1

$375
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...089448175&rd=1

They are hard to find cheap--but definatly worth it if you can pick one up under 500.

I'm in your head Registered Member CVStroker's Avatar
    My question would be, before I try to recommend anything, what is wrong with using L7s? I'm not a big fan of them, but they're good subs, and in the right install, can sound good, and get loud.
    Life: It's the ultimate sin; a game with no rules that you're expected to win

Member Registered Member
    Nothing is really wrong with the L7's it is just down here in Georgia everyone is stuck on kicker and power acoustik, and rockford fosgate. Thinking they are the best lines available. I wanted to come with something different. Everyone around here has either kicker cvrs with power acoustik amps and punch speakers with the lower model fosgate amps not the old school. Just really want something different.

Member Registered Member
    My question would be, before I try to recommend anything, what is wrong with using L7s? I'm not a big fan of them, but they're good subs, and in the right install, can sound good, and get loud.
    How would 2 stroker 15's fair against 2 L7's. Never really heard them before no one has cerwin vegas down here.

How would 2 stroker 15's fair against 2 L7's. Never really heard them before no one has cerwin vegas down here.

aren't the strokers the inverted Cerwin Vega's with the "nipple?" i didn't even think they made them anymore....

Quote Originally Posted by Hessakia
    aren't the strokers the inverted Cerwin Vega's with the "nipple?" i didn't even think they made them anymore....
    They they have the nipple, not the best SQ woofer but they still got decent SQ but they have tons of SPL. And yes they arent made anymore check ebay.
    Thats my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Hessakia
    If you keep your eyes peeled on Ebay, or some local shops in your area and can find a JL 12W7 (13W7)--which can be found as low as $400 or so--will blow those L7's away.

Hess.
    It will be hard to gain the same SPL of a 12" W7 vs 2 15 solos. The 15s in a big ported box are just cheap SPL woofers. The W7 its a SQL driver.... Its just hard for 1 12" to outperform 2 15s...
    Thats my 2 cents.

I'm in your head Registered Member CVStroker's Avatar
    The Strokers would kick the L7s ass. I have a pair of the 12" version, and they were loud when I plugged them into the wall, until they blew (wrong tuning for the box). With the right box, they have the ability of sounding better than the Kickers. If you have the room (about 4 cubes per sub), go for them, they're awesome subs.
    Life: It's the ultimate sin; a game with no rules that you're expected to win

Thread Information