Big JynX Registered Member

18" KICKER SOLO X SUBWOOFER

i didn't even know this kinda sub existed!!!!
    You GOTTA see this, it's incredible...
    SOMEBODY would like to know about it...
    CLICK HERE
    Big JynX
    CEO of
    GK2 Internet Productionz

I'm in your head Registered Member CVStroker's Avatar
    That sub has been out for a couple years now. I'm pretty sure everybody here has already seen it.

Yes, it's a huge sub, but I would still prefer one of these
    http://www.adireaudio.com/Files/Dan/Parthenon/

besides, the website for that sub is right here:
    http://www.kicker.com/ShowPage.cfm?f...enu=SUBWOOFERS
    Life: It's the ultimate sin; a game with no rules that you're expected to win

Senior Member Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CVStroker
    That sub has been out for a couple years now. I'm pretty sure everybody here has already seen it.

Yes, it's a huge sub, but I would still prefer one of these
    http://www.adireaudio.com/Files/Dan/Parthenon/

besides, the website for that sub is right here:
    http://www.kicker.com/ShowPage.cfm?f...enu=SUBWOOFERS
    What kind of power would one of those Parthenon's need? they said it moved with a 9V battery.. also, what kind of DB woudl one of those things hit?????

I'm in your head Registered Member CVStroker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hessakia
    What kind of power would one of those Parthenon's need? they said it moved with a 9V battery.. also, what kind of DB woudl one of those things hit?????
    Thermally, it could take about 3200 RMS. It's basically got two Tumult coils, one above the other. It moved about half way with a 9v battery.

SPL wise. When they tested it free air (not sure how much power) at 20 hz in a large room, it created a 120dB reference tone. So I'm sure, with a ported enclosure and the right tuning, it could probably hit 140-150 in a medium sized room, and, if you could fit one in a van or bus, I'm sure 170+ would be no problem for one. I'm really not sure what it's fully capable of.
    Life: It's the ultimate sin; a game with no rules that you're expected to win

CAR REVIEW ADMlN Registered Member Easy E's Avatar
    Thermally, it could take about 3200 RMS. It's basically got two Tumult coils, one above the other. It moved about half way with a 9v battery.

SPL wise. When they tested it free air (not sure how much power) at 20 hz in a large room, it created a 120dB reference tone. So I'm sure, with a ported enclosure and the right tuning, it could probably hit 140-150 in a medium sized room, and, if you could fit one in a van or bus, I'm sure 170+ would be no problem for one. I'm really not sure what it's fully capable of.
    Yea sounda bout right depends on what configeration and gap setup and cone size your running though, remeber htey are custom built for each person.
    Thats my 2 cents.

Member Registered Member

Yeah I don't think they're meant to be put in boxes. It doesn't have a surround or frame to get attached to a box. Also the QTS is .62 or around there isn't it? With a QTS that high it would sound best as bipole or infinite baffle. I don't understand how these would be used in car audio, if you could put them in a box, it would be tremendous.

-Joey

Big JynX Registered Member

Question daaaaaaaaam!!!!!!!

daaaaaaaaam!
    yall are REALLY into this stuff!!!
    i don't know anything about 'hz' and all that other stuff...
    all i want iz my trunk to thump and make it hard for the people in my backseat to swallow!!!
    so in this case, i have the mentality of a sponge, so if you guys are willing to 'teach' or 'tell' more about car audio i'd gladly soak it up...
    Big JynX
    CEO of
    GK2 Internet Productionz

CAR REVIEW ADMlN Registered Member Easy E's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by This Guy
    Yeah I don't think they're meant to be put in boxes. It doesn't have a surround or frame to get attached to a box. Also the QTS is .62 or around there isn't it? With a QTS that high it would sound best as bipole or infinite baffle. I don't understand how these would be used in car audio, if you could put them in a box, it would be tremendous.

-Joey
    I believe the QTS is actually higher, there is a surround and frame available for the Partheon. Remeber what I said it is custom built for each person. Work well in IB and dipole though. Ported the box be a monster not practical. Dont need to port anyways. Basically the woofer can have the specs u desire cause its all custom.
    Thats my 2 cents.

Member Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy E
    I believe the QTS is actually higher, there is a surround and frame available for the Partheon. Remeber what I said it is custom built for each person. Work well in IB and dipole though. Ported the box be a monster not practical. Dont need to port anyways. Basically the woofer can have the specs u desire cause its all custom.
    Yeah, I knew you could choose what size the cone/piston was, but didn't know you could get a surround and frame with it. Damn this sub is awesome, it would be cool if local movie theatres adopted these, let alone a regular HT room in someones house.

Thread Information