Junior Member Registered Member

2006 Nissan Altima Auto Transmission Problem

My 2006 Nissan Altima have transmission problems at 10.000 miles. I took it back to the Dealer and got a rental while it is being repaired. From day one the trans performance was a little jerky when cold, but smoothed out as it warmed. Does anyone have transmision problems with this make and model?

same problem

I too have this problem, mine is a used 2006 altima with 19k miles, its just over 2 week since i got this car. At low speeds i can feel the jerks, as if the gears are slipping.Need to take it to the dealer asap.

I'm glad (well not glad, but a bit relieved) that some one else has the same problem. I'm at 12,000 miles on mine, and it seems like the slips get worse every week. What did they tell you about the problem at the dealer?

Re

The technician at the dealership test drove it to confirm the problem.He described the problem as "slight buck on light accel/deccel at 45 mph".
    They got their computer hooked up to the car and found some error code with the turbine revolution sensor.
    They had to flush out the transmission fluid to replace the sensor (so i got my transmission fluid replaced for free).
    The problem they were talking about is fixed, but now I find that the gear shifts harsh from
    1 to 2.I think I need to visit the dealer again.

2006 Nissan Altima Transmission Problem

I also have the same issues with my transmission. It slips between 1st and 2nd gear. It has a mind of its own. The dealership told me that it was normal for these cars to do this and I needed to deal with it, RIGHT! I have never had a car act this way. I only have 10,000 miles on my car. I have had it in the shop for the same thing 5 different times. The first time I took it in, a month after I purchased it, they told me that the gasket was leaking. They fixed the gasket but the problem continued and has never changed. I feel better knowing that I'm not the only one with this problem. It concerns me that Nissan will not accept responsibility for the problem. My daughter has a 2002 Nissan Altima and it doesn't have this issue. What can I do about this? Now my key is getting stuck in the ignition when I turn the car off!!!

2006 Nissan Altima Transmission Problem

My transmission has always been rough to shift, but I assumed it was because it was new and still being broken in. But when I tried to shift the car out of park today, it would not move. I have just 11,000 miles, and it being Sunday, I will have the car towed to dealer tomorrow. I am so glad I found you're posting before I talked with the dealer. Not sure it will do me any good but at least, I don't feel like I'm crazy or unreasonable woman. Also has any dealer been able to fix this problem? If so what was wrong with the transmission.

Nissan Altima 3.5SE Transmission Problem

I have had jerky/jumpy gear shifts eversince I bought my car new in 2006. It is frustrating to feel the car jerking back and forth between gears 1 & 2 when I drive around a speed close to the transition speed which often happens in city driving. I have taken my car to three different Nissan dealers, all of whom maintained there was nothing wrong with the transmission. I also called the Nissan hotline for help but was told to go back to the dealerships which I have completed lost faith in. I have driven a number of different cars and am 100% sure of the transmission problem with Nissan. I feel cheated and would never recommend anybody to buy a Nissan. I was taken in by its looks and regret. Any advice on getting the transmission problem fixed would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by CNDallas
    I also have the same issues with my transmission. It slips between 1st and 2nd gear. It has a mind of its own. The dealership told me that it was normal for these cars to do this and I needed to deal with it, RIGHT! I have never had a car act this way. I only have 10,000 miles on my car. I have had it in the shop for the same thing 5 different times. The first time I took it in, a month after I purchased it, they told me that the gasket was leaking. They fixed the gasket but the problem continued and has never changed. I feel better knowing that I'm not the only one with this problem. It concerns me that Nissan will not accept responsibility for the problem. My daughter has a 2002 Nissan Altima and it doesn't have this issue. What can I do about this? Now my key is getting stuck in the ignition when I turn the car off!!!
    What did they tell you after the gasket repair? Have you told them about the keys yet? I mean, they can't keep telling you nothing is wrong if you kept on coming back there complaining!

I'm guessing that there is something seriously wrong with the 2006 model, and Nissan just doesn't want to admit their mistake.
    Great reads:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Senior Member Registered Member

Can't get car into reverse or park

I have 30k miles on my Altima, I've always experience some of the slipping problems descirbed in this thread. About a month ago, the car started to have a new problem, at times I can't get the tranny into reverse or park. I've brought to the dealer twice already, forst time when I got there after having the problem for a 1/2 day, I pulled up to the service department and she went right into park, of course they said they couldn't find anything.

2nd time, I brought car after hours drop off to another dealer closer to home, and they called in the morning to say there was no issue, when the tech went to the car (which 2 salesmen at the dealership helped to puch backwards into a parking spot because they saw the issue first hand) he said it went right into reverse to pull out of the spot no issues. After complaining, they did take about the gear,box (all electronic these days) and saw nothing wrong but did lubricate everything.

Car ran fine for past 2 weeks, but yesterday it happened again. I can pt car into neutral, D, 3, 2 & 1st no issues, but won't go forward of neutral into reverse or park. I have to park car w/ in neutral, leave key in ignition, since it only comes out when car is in park, and I lock the doors w/ my remote. Just checked now, still won't go into park, tomorrow I plan to go to dealership and have tech look at it while I am there.

Since I'm in NJ, I guess my next steps are NJ Lemon Law ... if they don't find an issue and fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by spy
    I have 30k miles on my Altima, I've always experience some of the slipping problems descirbed in this thread. About a month ago, the car started to have a new problem, at times I can't get the tranny into reverse or park. I've brought to the dealer twice already, forst time when I got there after having the problem for a 1/2 day, I pulled up to the service department and she went right into park, of course they said they couldn't find anything.

2nd time, I brought car after hours drop off to another dealer closer to home, and they called in the morning to say there was no issue, when the tech went to the car (which 2 salesmen at the dealership helped to puch backwards into a parking spot because they saw the issue first hand) he said it went right into reverse to pull out of the spot no issues. After complaining, they did take about the gear,box Autopartswarehouse (all electronic these days) and saw nothing wrong but did lubricate everything.

Car ran fine for past 2 weeks, but yesterday it happened again. I can pt car into neutral, D, 3, 2 & 1st no issues, but won't go forward of neutral into reverse or park. I have to park car w/ in neutral, leave key in ignition, since it only comes out when car is in park, and I lock the doors w/ my remote. Just checked now, still won't go into park, tomorrow I plan to go to dealership and have tech look at it while I am there.

Since I'm in NJ, I guess my next steps are NJ Lemon Law ... if they don't find an issue and fix it.
    I think there's something wrong with the electric in your car... get that checked ASAP or be sorry...

Quote Originally Posted by powdavis
    I think there's something wrong with the electric in your car... get that checked ASAP or be sorry...
    I agree with powdavis. You better have that checked soon.
    Great reads:
    :

I have the same problem with my altima 05 s since I bought it a year ago. I havent fixed it yet but I believe this is the problem (solenoid needs to fixed). I found this technical bulletin from Nissan‏

Classification: Reference: Date: AT04-014 NTB05-001 January 3, 2005
    4 SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION HARSH 1-2 SHIFT AND/OR DTC P0745 STORED

APPLIED VEHICLES: 2003 – 2005 Altima (L31) 2003 – 2005 Sentra 2003 – 2004 Maxima
    (A33 and A34) 2004 Quest (V42) APPLIED DATES: Vehicles built between: December 1, 2002 and August 27, 2004 APPLIED TRANSMISSIONS: 4 speed A/T: RE4F04B and RE4F03B

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonvillenc
    I have the same problem with my altima 05 s since I bought it a year ago. I havent fixed it yet but I believe this is the problem (solenoid needs to fixed). I found this technical bulletin from Nissan‏

Classification: Reference: Date: AT04-014 NTB05-001 January 3, 2005
    4 SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION HARSH 1-2 SHIFT AND/OR DTC P0745 STORED

APPLIED VEHICLES: 2003 – 2005 Altima (L31) 2003 – 2005 Sentra 2003 – 2004 Maxima
    (A33 and A34) 2004 Quest (V42) APPLIED DATES: Vehicles built between: December 1, 2002 and August 27, 2004 APPLIED TRANSMISSIONS: 4 speed A/T: RE4F04B and RE4F03B
    Yes even i had suffered the same problem.and felt jerks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantan
    My 2006 Nissan Altima have transmission problems at 10.000 miles. I took it back to the Dealer and got a rental while it is being repaired. From day one the trans performance was a little jerky when cold, but smoothed out as it warmed. Does anyone have transmision problems with this make and model?
    well i also suffered about this from last year but i have changed the transmission kit now with an assembly.. thn it got corrected...
    Henry Cuban Cigars

Thread Information