Pioneer DEH-P7600MP
    In-Dash CD/MP3/WMA/WAV Receiver

(2) MTX 6000 Sub Woofers

(2) 5x7 Eclipse Speakers with tweeters

Rockford Fosgate 501S Amp 250 RMSx2 at 2 ohms

Special ordered box to fit a 3 seater truck

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Few questions...

I want to upgrade my subs cause my MTX sound like crap! I need to know how much better the Alpine Type R's would sound if I got those (10 inchers). Also how they would sound with 250 watt running to each...would they be better then the MTX or worse and how much better or worse would they be.

Second I need to know if have my subs upagainst the back of my seats with only the sub grille between them... Is that bad for the subs? There's not much I can do about that, but I wanna know if that is or will create problems or affect the sound...so far its made a great back massage.

The 1st question is what I need to know most cause buying two alpine type r 10's is almsot 100s more off ebay and I have heard they will do a lot mroe for my car but am a bit iffy on what to do and I wanna purchase these subs ASAP. Thanks for your help and your input will be greatly appreciated.

Tim C.

CAR REVIEW ADMlN Registered Member Easy E's Avatar
    First off, Alpine Type Rs not a bad sub and get plenty loud. Not the best SQ in the world but they are nice I admit. Yes that restricting of space from the box to the seat can effect the sound some, it all depends on the vehicle etc, it can make no difference or it can make alot of difference in SQ wise, just depends etc. Woofer placement is key but u cant do much about it. Yes MTX 6000 series not the best woofer on the block. If u got any other questions just ask.
    Thats my 2 cents.

I'm in your head Registered Member CVStroker's Avatar
    The MTX subs are fairly boomy subs, and with the small cabin, they will sound much boomier. Having the subs that close will adversely affect the sound as well, although I'm not sure how much. You'll still have some boom with the Type Rs in your truck, although not as much. I think you would get the best sound with a single 12" Type R.
    Life: It's the ultimate sin; a game with no rules that you're expected to win

Junior Member Registered Member

blank

Well, I've compared my MTX subs both against 1 Type R 12 before and the 12 kicked my ass. I was jsut hoping if I got two of the 10's that it would be able to match and hopefully go beyond my friends 12.

His sounds amazing! Also keep in mind... largest sub I can fit is a 10 inch Cant have anything go back farther in depth then like 5 to 6 inches...

Tim

Senior Member Registered Member
    ah, everyone else will probably ***** at me for this--but if you want a lot of sub out of a 10, its hard to beat hte JL w0 lineup.... or if you can afford it, go witht he w3's.

Hess.

Resident Cynic Registered Member FordXplod93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hessakia
    ah, everyone else will probably ***** at me for this--but if you want a lot of sub out of a 10, its hard to beat hte JL w0 lineup.... or if you can afford it, go witht he w3's.

Hess.
    Good choice. JL makes good quality subs at competitive prices. No *****ing here. ;)

~FordX
    Often imitated, never duplicated.

CAR REVIEW ADMlN Registered Member Easy E's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hessakia

Hess.

I would take the Type R over the W0 or the W3.
    Thats my 2 cents.

Junior Member Registered Member

type r is my choice

i got one problem the type r 10 inch mounting depth is 6 inches and my box only has 6.5 inch mounting depth. will that hurt the sub if theres not a lot of room?

I'm in your head Registered Member CVStroker's Avatar
    There are a couple things you can do to fix that.

Check the diameter of the pole vent (does the Type R even have a pole vent?) You want the back of the sub to be at least the pole vents diameter away from the back wall. If the pole vent is any more than half an inch, you'll have to make a spacer to make up for it. My suggestion would to be to go to Menards, or Home Depot, and see if they have any square foot scraps of MDF or something, just cut a ring to use as a spacer.
    Life: It's the ultimate sin; a game with no rules that you're expected to win

Thread Information