Junior Member Registered Member

Anyone know how to fix noise on amp channels?

I have a JBL P4040 4-channel car audio amplifier. It has worked fine for a while, but for some reason the front, right channel has a lot of noise on it now. I did a lot of trouble shooting on this issue (like switching the RCA cables, speaker wires, with and without the car on and the noise is still there). I am positive it is a problem with the amp. Does anyone know how to go about fixing a problem like this?

Resident Cynic Registered Member FordXplod93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bullion
    I have a JBL P4040 4-channel car audio amplifier. It has worked fine for a while, but for some reason the front, right channel has a lot of noise on it now. I did a lot of trouble shooting on this issue (like switching the RCA cables, speaker wires, with and without the car on and the noise is still there). I am positive it is a problem with the amp. Does anyone know how to go about fixing a problem like this?
    Check one more thing: connections. Check your speaker connections, and watch to make sure they're not touching any metal. Also check your amp ground connections.

~FordX
    Often imitated, never duplicated.

Senior Member Registered Member
    Connect the front right speaker to another channel of the amp that you know doesn't have any noise.. if it still has noise, you can rule out the amp, if it doesn't, it woudl seem you messed up that channel on your amp.

Thas just my 2 cents,
    Hess.

CAR REVIEW ADMlN Registered Member Easy E's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hessakia
    Connect the front right speaker to another channel of the amp that you know doesn't have any noise.. if it still has noise, you can rule out the amp, if it doesn't, it woudl seem you messed up that channel on your amp.

Thas just my 2 cents,
    Hess.
    Hess Stealing my phrase now arent you, if there is damage to teh amp most likely u will hvae to get it repaired by JBL or a technician and that isnt cheap. Lets just hope its under warranty. If not take the cover off if its the amp and see if anything looks blown up melted etc, if so take pictures of it and might be able to get it fixed for ya.
    Thats my 2 cents.

Thread Information