Junior Member Registered Member

Help me Plan the Install...

Here is what I have at the moment, or will when it arrives...

-Infinity Reference Components w/ x-overs 5.25" (75W max RMS)
    -2 Kicker RMB6 6.5" (125W max RMS)

Head Unit I am thinking of, anyone have it or have an opinion?
    Clarion DXZ535

The plan thus far:

1. Install Kickers into kickpanels, with modification of course. The hollow of the body will create a kind of box for them to kick some real bass, to the best of their ability.

2. Reference mids in the rear deck.

3. Tweeter in the sailpanels.

Two amps:

4. One HiFonics Warrior Falcon 90W x 2 for the Kickers.

5. One HiFonics Warrior Hawk 50W x 2 for the Reference mids.

Rewire everything with 14 gauge, maybe 12 for the Kickers. And of course some heavier stuff for the amps. Sound good? What about other additional crossovers? Would I need something for the Reference mids and the Kickers?

Thanks Guys!

I'm in your head Registered Member CVStroker's Avatar
    I would just forget about putting speakers in the rear, detracts from the sound stage. Clarion makes some really nice head units. And for wiring, 16 will be more than plenty for those speakers, absolutely no need to run 14 or 12 with that power in a car, you'll never be running a length of wire that long.
    Life: It's the ultimate sin; a game with no rules that you're expected to win

Resident Cynic Registered Member FordXplod93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CVStroker
    I would just forget about putting speakers in the rear, detracts from the sound stage. Clarion makes some really nice head units. And for wiring, 16 will be more than plenty for those speakers, absolutely no need to run 14 or 12 with that power in a car, you'll never be running a length of wire that long.
    Agreed. If you really want to hang on to the Reference set, you could always create a spot for them in front with the Kickers, even if it's a little excessive. But you don't want them in the rear. I definitely like the idea of the tweeter in the sail panel - prime spot. I'd sell the Reference set or use them for another install, personally.

~FordX
    Often imitated, never duplicated.

So keep the reference tweeters and the kickers. Putting the kickers in the kickpanels and tweeters in sail panels? Custom x-overs or just use the ones that came with the reference set?

I'm in your head Registered Member CVStroker's Avatar
    I would mount the Reference tweeter in the sail panel, and mount the Reference midrange in the stock door location. Then I would mount the Kicker woofer in a kickpanel. I would then find an active crossover to give the Reference set everything from 180-200hz and up, and low-pass the Kicker woofers at 180hz and lower.

If you need a crossover, hit up Easy, I'm getting mine from him, he might be able to do something for you as well. I'm doing the same set-up as what I just recommended (with different speakers), with subs in the trunk of course.
    Life: It's the ultimate sin; a game with no rules that you're expected to win

My car is an 87 BMW. The speaker locations are in the kickpanels, by your feet, and the rear deck.

I am going to build my own x-overs if it comes to that, but I dont know if it will. Time will tell!

Thread Information